Why Foresight is Silly

Foresight is becoming a pointless ability, simply because more and more characters shoot/damage right through it, ignoring it completely. Please stop doing this. Jedi and others who use foresight are weak enough as it is. Making them weaker by giving them an ability that is becoming increasingly useless is just....well, silly.
In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
*This space left intentionally blank*

Replies

• Options
    Foresight is pretty annoying on JTR teams
  • Options
    Agreed. It all starting going downhill with the introduction of Baze and Chirrut. After them all toons had to be able to dispel, fracture, instakill. Now the latest rage is foresight. So other toons must have "this attack cant be evaded" to counter that.

At least the FO executioner is a step in the right direction, a unit that excels at one thing (doing damage) and doesnt need a printed book for the skill descriptions. Hopefully they can get us some more toons like that. They could be, you know, fast but not able to deal or take much damage. They could be sturdy and able to take many hits but not deal damage fast. They could be designated healers.

But I guess thats just too old school.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    i kinda like foresight and that some characters ignore it to be honest. Somewhere down the line there's probably gonna be an improved version of foresight due to the powercreep and all, i'm just not "done" with regular foresight yet.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Completely agree - Characters being able to ignore foresight makes it completely useless tbh.

It is the primary defence mechanic for Jedi - so now they have no defence against han who can pretty much one shot a lot of them.

It doesn’t evade the insta kill attacks of savage and nihilus meaning teams with these characters don’t even have to think about tactics against a Jedi team.

Characters with this mechanic typically have low health - Yoda, qgj, bb8.
    having heavy damage attackers being able to negate it means that the mechanic is pretty much useless in defending these units.

If we are going to have characters that can hit for such high numbers, and also have instant kill attacks then we should at least allow this mechanic to evade these, in order to make the player use some form of forethought / tactics in order to defeat that toon.