CLS lead advice please help!!!

Nadebotfm
546 posts Member
edited January 2018
I have finally unlocked CLS and am converting from SIth team to Rebels. Currently I have running:

CLS-G10
R2 - G9
Leia - G10
Chirrut - G9
Zavage G11

I am in a very old shard, stopped playing for a few months. Arena rank around 600. I cant seem to break past this though.

I have Old Ben 7* and G10 and only JUST unlocked Baze 3* only like G6 atm. I dont want to be "that guy and use Chaze but if you cant beat them...... I also have ATF at 6* and G9 so working on her and am 2 raids away from unlocking Han. (dont have GK)

An advice on how I should switch my team up? I have read the DN is a good fit for CLS lead? Should I be having Zavage in this team? replace with old Ben maybe? I dont have zetas for CLS or R2 but am close to being able to do one. Which one do I do first?

many thanks in advance. I fear that I might because I am in an older shard, I am too far behind to catch up

Edit: DN is at G11 - have read he is good with CLS lead team?
Post edited by Nadebotfm on

Replies

• Options
    Here are my toons, just created profile

https://swgoh.gg/u/nadebot/
  • Options
    Dump Savage, put in OB.

I'd honestly pass on farming Baze for awhile, their time has passed, and that energy would be better spent farming gear for your new team. Eventually you can get back to him for a LSTB R1 squad, but no rush there.
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    The issue here is that you don't have a tank and a thrawn, which sounds dumb but Thrawn is almost as equally crucial as a random tank for your team.
    For now I would stop whatever you're working on, and farm Phoenix verty hard. Thrawn is likely come in 1 months at the very latest. Or he could just come back next week. Who knows? lol
  • Options
    The issue here is that you don't have a tank and a thrawn, which sounds dumb but Thrawn is almost as equally crucial as a random tank for your team.
    For now I would stop whatever you're working on, and farm Phoenix verty hard. Thrawn is likely come in 1 months at the very latest. Or he could just come back next week. Who knows? lol

Actually that makes perfect sense. The cls titans team basically has so many op toons you have to pick one to focus on. But with a good sized tank that makes it harder. And thrawn makes every battle start 5v4
  • Osik
    235 posts Member
    Options
    Your best team right now is probly cls lead, wedge, biggs, r2 and old ben, make r2 as fast as you can and smokescreen so wiggs are hidden... As for being behind, i took a few months off, im on a launch arena shard, and made it from the 1500 range to now im in the 50-100 range, you will catch up if you farm smart...
  • Options
    Without baze, i wouldnt use chirut...he's very squishy.
    Savage Doesnt fit well.

On offense, you can use a rebel nuke factory:
    -CLS, r2, leia, biggs, wedge
    I usually use raid han instead of leia, but that team should beat almost anyone on offense.

Another option is CLS, r2, biggs, wedge and a tank.

Alternatively, DN and a tank can replace chirut and savage.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. Ill be trying out a few of these today and seeing how I go.

Probably gonna start off with CLS, wiggs, R2, and old ben?
  • Options
    I reckon you will be better off with a Wedge lead, Biggs, CLS, R2 and OB
  • Options
    farqs wrote: »
    I reckon you will be better off with a Wedge lead, Biggs, CLS, R2 and OB

For the extra offense?
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Provides extra offense/heal/tm, but I prefer the counters and defense. The counters make fighting AOE teams on offense a lot of fun.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Mobewan wrote: »
    Without baze, i wouldnt use chirut...he's very squishy.
    Savage Doesnt fit well.

On offense, you can use a rebel nuke factory:
    -CLS, r2, leia, biggs, wedge
    I usually use raid han instead of leia, but that team should beat almost anyone on offense.

Another option is CLS, r2, biggs, wedge and a tank.

Alternatively, DN and a tank can replace chirut and savage.

well I moreso use Chirrut for cleanse to be honest. I am liking the rebel nuke and am close to getting raid han.
    have you tries DN under CLS lead?
  • Options
    update... have done:

CLS, wiggs, R2, and Old Ben - got wrecked
    CLS, wiggs, R2, and Leia - got wrecked

Think my issue is with cleansing. I dont zeta on R2 and the debuffs did a number on meh :/
  • Options
    So I am 1 zeta away from being able to Zeta Luke or R2. I assume i should use the zeta on R2 Combat Analysis?
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Provides extra offense/heal/tm, but I prefer the counters and defense. The counters make fighting AOE teams on offense a lot of fun.

yea thats why I am using CLS as lead for the counters against a sith team and other AOE. Problem is all the debuffs kill me since I dont have Combat Analysis on R2 yet
  • RekiemD
    133 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Yeah, i guess zeta on Combat Analysis is a must if you don't run chaze or gk
  • Options
    I run CLS R2 raid han thrawn and zavage and I almost never move down in arena to be fair though I sit mid top 100 however people avoid my squad because they hate fighting zavage and r2 forces them to attack him if you build right and I find it works pretty well
  • Options
    Then the problem must be with your mods being too slow, or your team is undergeared.
    The best first zeta for your team would be number crunch, then cls it binds, then combat analysis
  • Options
    Amd wedge lead is far worse than cls lead
  • Nadebotfm
    546 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Darthpedro wrote: »
    I run CLS R2 raid han thrawn and zavage and I almost never move down in arena to be fair though I sit mid top 100 however people avoid my squad because they hate fighting zavage and r2 forces them to attack him if you build right and I find it works pretty well

yea that was my reasoning with using Zavage
  • Options
    Then the problem must be with your mods being too slow, or your team is undergeared.
    The best first zeta for your team would be number crunch, then cls it binds, then combat analysis

well i have CLS at 237 speed and r2 at 221.

In what ways is number crunch better than combat analysis? I would of that dispelling would be more essential? But have that with CLS and R2 is best to zeta from bottom and work up?
  • Options
    My r2 is 268 and he is too slow. Thrawns in my shard are faster.

Combat analysis gives 10% of r2 health, protection, offense and potency to all rebels.

The cleanses is nice, but a tankier team that does mode damage and lands more stuns, tm removal, etc is much better.

I have both and I'm telling you from experience of everyone in my guild and shard. With number crunch, your arena results are noticeable.
  • Options
    My r2 is 268 and he is too slow. Thrawns in my shard are faster.

Combat analysis gives 10% of r2 health, protection, offense and potency to all rebels.

The cleanses is nice, but a tankier team that does mode damage and lands more stuns, tm removal, etc is much better.

I have both and I'm telling you from experience of everyone in my guild and shard. With number crunch, your arena results are noticeable.

awesome. I will take your word for it and do numbers crunch first. I need like 2 omegas
  • Options
    @Nadebotfm you've reached the stage in the game where speed on mods make all the difference.

Speed mods will make life easier for you without needing god mods like crazy speed secondaries on crit damage mods.

A good tank is essential at some point. If you arent near gk or baze, old ben is very viable. Gk and old ben need speed mods, baze does not.

Keep gearing your rebels, youre almost there