Territory war matchmaking

We just got matched against an 87mm power guild and we are at 71mm, that is way too much of a gap and makes it unbalanced, please match guilds within 10mm gp of each other, I feel that would be more balanced.

Replies

• I want to echo this sentiment - it’s frustrating to be paired against a guild where it seems impossible to win based on the difference in roster power alone . This would be less frustrating if the underlying logic was made clear, ex: both guilds have the same record in TW.
  • berserkerbg
    4 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    We are 21 mil guild and we face 27 mil. guild. We cant killl the first 2 teams, since they are gear 12, game over. What a waste of time and efford. Last 3 matches we got enemy whit a lot more guild power. Another game whit broken MM.
  • It happened again this week, 87mm vs our 74, we got worked, not fun at all to be so badly outmatched. 13mm gp is a massive gap, they had way more full g12s, zetas, etc making it completely lopsided. Please make matchmaking more balanced.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    This is a very complex system and I'm sure they are collecting data, but matching is not solely based on GP, I know it is a big focus of the guild and really the only number we can see, but there is more to it.
  • How are you guys seeing what the opposing Guild's power is?
  • Advanced search function
  • Bettz wrote: »
    Advanced search function

Weird, I did that but no opposing guilds have ever shown up in any TW we've participated in. Does the Advanced Search only flag guilds with current openings.i.e., "not full?"
  • We just got stomped by one that had dozens of G12 on defense. Our guild has less than half dozen all combined at G12. We didn’t make a dent.
    Advanced search function

Weird, I did that but no opposing guilds have ever shown up in any TW we've participated in. Does the Advanced Search only flag guilds with current openings.i.e., "not full?"

Usually that means you have the invite only filter on, turn that off and make sure no other filters are on
  • We just got stomped by one that had dozens of G12 on defense. Our guild has less than half dozen all combined at G12. We didn’t make a dent.

Yeah, ideally squad choice, participation, and strategy should win, not a lopsided gp beat down
    Bettz wrote: »
    Advanced search function

Usually that means you have the invite only filter on, turn that off and make sure no other filters are on

I'll try that, thanks!
    Bettz wrote: »
    Advanced search function

I'll try that, thanks!

Ok folks, what am I doing wrong? I made sure "only ally guild" and "include invite only" are set to OFF, and "guild members" and "guild galactic power" are set to lowest you can go and still can't look up today's opposing guild. What am I missing?
  • Same here. Only one TW opponent was in our GP category - and that battle was great. All other opponent in the +15-20m gp range above us. Very exciting battles (no, that's not true, massacre instead).