TW different number of Defensive positions on each side issue [Merge]

Replies

• Yep same with us only allowed to set max of 23 going vs a guild that has 24. Looks like a major bug got pushed in with their update. Big disadvantage to the teams with lower set allowance and a complete clear for both will always favor the team with more set on D.
  • If this is the solution to the flaw in mm, it’s a ****. Now the lower GP guild can put ALL on offense and they will WIN!!! There’s no way the higher GP guild can win, unless they are way too stronger. And it will be another proof that the mm mechanism is completely broken.
  • Brink wrote: »
    My guild too...we have 50/50 signed up and we filled all slots...23 in each territory. Other guild has 24 teams on defense in each territory.
    Well this bugaboo sounds like a head scratcher. I would be perturbed if the match started and we were already losing at time zero.
    However, the available points are still equal for both sides ... say the other team has 24 squads per territory, you have 23. They get 24*20*10=4800 banners, you get 23*20*10=4600 banners for defense. You start at a 200 point disadvantage.
    BUT on offense, you have the opportunity to earn 24*20*10=4800 banners, while they can only earn 23*20*10=4600 banners (not including territory bonuses)***. In all, each guild can only earn 9400 banners (plus bonuses). Points available are equal for both sides.
    The situation does not make much sense with the information given, but that doesn't mean the TW is an impossible task for your guild.
    ***before somebody jumps in and hollers "you only get 10 banners for winning a match on offense, liar!" please realize that isn't exactly true. Yes, initially you get 10 banners for winning the match, but if you conquer the territory, you also get another 10 banners for that match. Then, you get the territory bonus on top of that.
    This is probably old hat and does not need to be spelled out, but just in case ...
  • My guess is this is a bug and if it is, give everyone the first place prize. If it's not a bug they finally found a way to make me dislike tw. I've personally liked everything about tw up to this point.
  • I have heard a lot of guilds having the same issue and it's most likely to do with having back to back TWs.
  • Correct me if Im wrong here, but isnt that the point of getting 10 banners per defensive squad that can be deployed in the territory when conquering a zone?
  • GRTL
    48 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Same situation only were down 400 points to start. So not only are tws too time consuming and too little rewards for the effort but now we are at a severe disadvantage.

We were only able to set 22 defensive squads, or opponent set 24.
    Post edited by GRTL on
  • 22/21 here
  • PiffGuru wrote: »
    Correct me if Im wrong here, but isnt that the point of getting 10 banners per defensive squad that can be deployed in the territory when conquering a zone?

Still makes a Territory easier to take down
  • @CG_Kozispoon can you shed some light here?
  • We just started out Territory War, and we have 23 slots per zone while our opponent has 24 slots per zone. Puts us 200pt in the hole out of the gate, plus we need to defeat an extra squad to clear each ZONE.

On top of that, we need to clear MORE zones than our enemy OR have 20 more squads hold up in defense - That s HUGE hole that makes it nearly impossible to win.

Further, we're faced with a guild of higher GP than we have. Something is SERIOUSLY wrong with this.
  • Same problem. 23 vs 25
  • Traybor
    96 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Ahh, the bonuses for capturing a whole territory are different, and an full clear by both teams would still result in a tie.

But that just means the side that set fewer defenses is behind in score until it is a full clear.
  • Same happened to us. We are at 23. Opposing guild at 24. 200 points ahead
  • Same with us this match. 49/50 on our end, we could only place 23 while they got 24 down.
  • PiffGuru wrote: »
    Correct me if Im wrong here, but isnt that the point of getting 10 banners per defensive squad that can be deployed in the territory when conquering a zone?

So that means conquering a territory get 10*the difference between teams. Okay, so the total banner numbers are still the same. Clearing both territories still result in a tie.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    We are 20/24...hhhmmmmm
  • Brixia
    77 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Same problem here. We have 23, they have 25 defensive squads.

Edit: We get more banner for the conquest of a territory - so it equalises in the end.
    Post edited by Brixia on
    Discord --> cvbrixia
  • Same here, Guild Lightspeed
  • GRTL
    48 posts Member
    They get 1120 points for clearing a territory, we get 1140. That doesn't make up for the starting difference.
  • We are seeing the same thing. We have 41 people in the TW (a record for our guild) but can only set 15 defenses compared to 16 for the other guild.
  • Brixia
    77 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Same problem here. We have 23, they have 25 defensive squads.

Edit: We get more banner for the conquest of a territory - so it equalises in the end.
    Discord --> cvbrixia
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    Same thing happened here, except my guild got the advantage.

We were able to set 24 defensive teams having had 47/50 sign up. Opposing guild only has 22 teams per territory, seems rather unfair, I know the territories provide different amounts of points based on how many teams you were allowed to place there, but until a full clear happens on both sides the guild that was only allowed the lower number is at a disadvantage even if they defeat the same number of teams as we do. Seems wrong to me.
  • We have 21 per territory against 22, but if you add up total max banners that can be won from offense and defense, it adds up to the same. When we concur an enemy territory we get more bonus banners than if they concur ours. It works out in the end, just sucks that we have 10 more teams to beat than them
  • FieldL wrote: »
    PiffGuru wrote: »

So that means conquering a territory get 10*the difference between teams. Okay, so the total banner numbers are still the same. Clearing both territories still result in a tie.

Nope. You get 20 per set D, but only 10 for a win on attacks.
  • For all of you questioning the number of teams deployed on TW. The banner rules probably changed. The 10 banner disadvantage per territory will be compensated after higher guild conquers opponents territory. This still results in a tie if both sides clear the map.

Please correct me if I m wrong.
  • FieldL wrote: »
    PiffGuru wrote: »

Nope. You get 20 per set D, but only 10 for a win on attacks.

Banner rule has changed. Check the TW details tab in game.