Limiting Player Levels in Raid

In our guild we have a problem where we want to occasionally run lower tier raids for our new guildees. The problem is that when we set one up at for example tier 3, a level 80+ person comes in and smashes out 2 million damage.

It would great if officers could have the ability to specify the maximum level of a player who can participate in a Raid. So we start a tier 3 and we have a drag bar (like for levelling up) so that it can only be for level 1-70 or level 1-75. Not locked down during the raid so that if they are struggling you can open it up to slightly higher players.

Replies

• Options
    I came here to post this exact same request. Maybe limit the maximum character power level that can be used so L85 players can still participate, just not with their best characters. We hope our problem is that there are a number of people who don't speak english in the guild and don't understand our "Please do not wipe out the entire raid with your L85 T12 7-star characters, this is for lower level people".
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    It's worth noting that if the character is called Mol Eliza they might not be able to read chat.

Other than that if you have rules and they are not followed you need to put boots on and kick them out.
  • Options
    We're a pretty casual guild and only boot 30-day inactives. I hate to boot someone just because they don't understand the chat.
  • Options
    If they don’t follow rules then there isn’t really an excuse, kick them out.
  • Options
    Or instead of kicking out people that don't understand english or can't read the chat... how about having a way to limit the power level of characters participating in a raid? It really can't be that hard to incorporate into the game.
  • Options
    Or there is always the argument that running lower tiers raids doesn't benefit any member in your crew, the higher tiers will get folks building faster due to better rewards. This stops your issue and gets folks motivated to actually participate. Sometimes it makes a lot more sense to strive for higher the it does to try force folks to do less.
  • Options
    Well, I disagree. It should be simple enough to put a slider in so you can set maximum power level. It's something our guild would like to be able to do. For all those that think it's unnecessary, don't use it.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    madgrizzle wrote: »
    Well, I disagree. It should be simple enough to put a slider in so you can set maximum power level. It's something our guild would like to be able to do. For all those that think it's unnecessary, don't use it.

There is a practical limit to the amount of stuff they can feasibly do. Capgasp is always talking about the amount of stuff on his plate and what he wishes he could get to but can’t. So anything you propose is going to take resources away from other things and isn’t worth doing if very few people would actually benefit from it.
  • Options
    If they have 1 7* toon they can participate in heroic raids. A player of 3 weeks has a 7* toon.
  • Options
    I fully understand and appreciate that. I personally think a great deal of people would use it, especially casual players that are the type that don't spend a lot of time of forums. I've played for over a year (I think) and this is my first time here and first posts. Just because there's not an outpouring of support on a forum post, doesn't mean its not useful to a large number of people.. and it's probably the type of people that don't join the forum that would find it the most useful (casual players in casual guilds). I'd be curious to know the ratio of those that player the game to those that participate in the forums. 1000:1? 100:1? Certainly not 1:1
  • Options
    If they have 1 7* toon they can participate in heroic raids. A player of 3 weeks has a 7* toon.

And get one hit in and then be crushed.. sounds fun. Regardless, I know I didn't have a 7* toon in 3 weeks... took many months for me and I don't think I'm the exception.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1431084#
  • Options
    Hi, I fully support the OP. We are at then same issue. See my post for more options to solve the issue:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/154800/add-option-for-guild-commands-messages-for-raids#latest
  • Cor0na_Jemini
    2 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    It would be nice to have a Information banner up on the Rancor and Tank raids (as you enter to battle) that officers can set up commands, rules, etc. so everyone can see them - even those who can't see chat due to age restrictions.