Matching during Territory War

DarthTwain
5 posts Member
edited January 2018
I am not sure if this is the best place to post this or not. If not I apologize.

Overall I have really enjoyed the territory wars. This past war though was amazingly lopsided. Our Squad has a GP of around 53 Million. The squad we were fighting has a GP of 67 Million. It was a slaughter and we didn't stand a chance. Has anyone else encountered this bad of a match before?
Darth Twain AKA Falcon
Post edited by DarthTwain on

Replies

• obi1jedireturns
    4 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    yep having same problem our selfs opponent GP 10-20 mil more than ours and same results.
  • I believe the issue you are experiencing is that you are coming in near the bottom of the 50M-60M prize tier, while your opponent is coming in right at the top of the tier. They probably had some members that did not register for TW, so you were not facing the full 67M GP strength of their guild. As you build your power, you will reach the top of the tier and will similarly overpower guilds at the lower end of the tier.

This will happen every time you move up into the next TW prize tier. Expect the matching algorithm to pair you up with any other guild with active GP within that tier.

Some people contend that guilds intentionally make members sit out of TW so that their active GP is just enough to stay right at the top of the reward tier, in an attempt to ensure they always have more power than their opponent. This strategy seems like it would hurt the benched members too much, so to me it is a bad practice, but players moan about this during every TW.
  • Good explanation thanks.
    Darth Twain AKA Falcon
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    I believe the issue you are experiencing is that you are coming in near the bottom of the 50M-60M prize tier, while your opponent is coming in right at the top of the tier.

Kozi confirmed that rewards tiers don't factor in matchmaking.
  • Liath wrote: »
    I believe the issue you are experiencing is that you are coming in near the bottom of the 50M-60M prize tier, while your opponent is coming in right at the top of the tier.

This. Which is also why I find the numerous threads accusing guilds of "manipulating GP" amusing. It's similar to people who sim only 3 at a time. Both make no difference, despite anecdotal "evidence" people have. :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*

Say what? Then what in the world are they using for matchmaking? Hopes and dreams? If true, such shenanigans ought to be redefined post haste.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »

Say what? Then what in the world are they using for matchmaking? Hopes and dreams? If true, such shenanigans ought to be redefined post haste.

She said that active/usable GP is one of the factors. It just means that you aren't necessarily paired within your bracket. So, for example, there is nothing stopping a 99m GP guild from being paired against a 101m GP guild just because they are in different rewards tiers.
  • Speaking of matchmaking, is it just based on gp?or does your TW record of wins and loses come into it as well? Seems unfair if a guild keeps getting beaten but keeps being put against undefeated or regularly winning guilds. Could be some kind of winners\losers bracket behind the scenes?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    while i wish they would just disclose how matchmaking happens, i also fear it might lead to more guilds trying to manipulate matchmaking in order to get more favourable matches.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • From my understanding of the territory wars matchmaking i can say that GP is pretty much unrelated.

I personally believe that they probably had some members that did not register for TW, so you were not facing the full 120M GP strength of their guild. As you build your power, you will reach the top of the tier and will similarly overpower guilds at the lower end of the tier.

While some of the community has expressed concern over matchmaking, we’d like to detail the following:
    The Active GP bracket only determines the rewards for the guild. This does not factor into matchmaking.
    Matchmaking is based on a variety of factors including the GP of units that can participate
  • Territory wars used to be extremely fun for our guild but the last 3 or 4 wars we've had a terrible match up, with GP differences of 15M, 10M and 16M. Always us in the lower end. We have 27 wars won, but now even though we fought like lions, we barely lost. That much difference in GP is insurmountable. We opted to just beef up our guild to 120M so we'll win 2 zetas even though we lose. Surely enough we went Into this last TW and surprise, our adversary is 135M with us barely at 120M. As you @CG_Kozispoon and @EA_Jesse (your tags came up hehe), have quoted, you don't like things that break the spirit of the game. Well, us having to opt to lose without effort in a higher bracket, rather than duking it out at our regular level, cannot possible be what you intended for TW. Please fix the match-up process. Our guild is losing interest fast.
  • I agree, it's getting ridiculous. These higher guilds are using a strategy in which they sit out their lowers giving them a matchup with a much lower guild. If you allow all of your members to participate high & low, it makes it very difficult to win. EA you need to look into this as its creating huge mismatches and gives an even greater advantage to the higher gp guilds. You need to find a better way to match guilds.

You understood wrong... what they mean is that its not the guild GP that is used for match making its the GP of the people who entered. So a guild of 120 M GP can come up against a guild of 80M GP because only 80M GP of that guild joined the war. Lets say you have a 120GP guild but only 40 of the 50 players joined so the GP pool of this war is only (lets say) 78M GP. So they end up facing a guild of that power (remember tho a guild who has 80M GP of joining players)

The problem is that those who do this even tho they have the same GP they have better teams anyway because they have a better average per player GP.

Anyway this is a disturbing tread CG, please look into it and try and fix this because in time people will greatly loose interest if they see they can never win because big guild play with their numbers to assure a win.
  • I agree completely. As a guild member who has lower GP than over half the others in my guild, I appreciate that my guild leaders allow everyone to participate in TW. However, we get matched with guilds who are making their lower members sit out, and thus they have stronger teams than us at the same overall GP. It's like the system rewards those guilds who don't allow their lower players to participate and that diminishes everyone's ability to have fun and reap rewards.

Please take a good look into this CG, and thanks for listening!
  • We finally had a good match up, after 4 gross miss matches, surprise was that we were always on the short end of the stick, fortunately we were 123M other guild was 126M, and we creamed them hehe, finally, I hope this means they somehow resolved it and it wasn't just blind luck.
  • KivvJangor wrote: »
    I agree completely. As a guild member who has lower GP than over half the others in my guild, I appreciate that my guild leaders allow everyone to participate in TW. However, we get matched with guilds who are making their lower members sit out, and thus they have stronger teams than us at the same overall GP. It's like the system rewards those guilds who don't allow their lower players to participate and that diminishes everyone's ability to have fun and reap rewards.

Please take a good look into this CG, and thanks for listening!

At least it is self defeating in the long run... since they let their lower player sit out, then in some times those player wont progress as fast as the others and it will slow them down.. but not enough to be preventing them to do so.