JTR with Shore instead of GK

Keldo
364 posts Member
What do folk think about a squad of JTR, BB8, Shore, R2 and another (possible list of CLS, Raid Han, Thrawn etc)

His taunt cooldown will come down quickly with the buffs from bb8 removed in theory.

Also gives crit hit immunity that should stop the expose from a JTR team and also stop the cleanse from R2?

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    i was thinking the same, the heal would be nice vs NS, didn't really work all that well though. I use scav as 5th.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Keldo
    364 posts Member
    Could pair him on the back row with Hermit Yoda but would it do enough damage to take out teams?
  • I run JTR lead with R2,thrawn,CLS,and shoretrooper..my bb8 is undergeared at the moment but I sit between 50-90 rank,they do quite well on offense against titan,cls teams...on defense-sometimes i drop 20 spots,other days i dont move.
  • Meerava
    481 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Nightsisters are the toughest teams to deal with for JTR. I've used Shore and Zariss together with differing results, but they definitely make NS teams much easier to deal with. The weak zombie ones still can be rather difficult.

Yeah Shore's crit immunity makes zariss's passive heal not too useful, but she's there to help heal up the whole group. And assajj likes to dispel crit immunity rather frequently anyway.
  • Meerava wrote: »
    Nightsisters are the toughest teams to deal with for JTR. I've used Shore and Zariss together with differing results, but they definitely make NS teams much easier to deal with. The weak zombie ones still can be rather difficult.

Yeah Shore's crit immunity makes zariss's passive heal not too useful, but she's there to help heal up the whole group. And assajj likes to dispel crit immunity rather frequently anyway.

I run a JTR team. Was thinking about ST as a tank on my team as well.
    I have had no luck with nightsisters. But I also havent faced enough of them to form a legit strategy.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    it's hard to replace kenobi with another tank, he's just so gosh darn good. I do like to switch out kenobi for wampa, his AoE takes care of stealthed acolyte. Killing the rest of the NS team hasn't really been an issue regardless of who i'm using in the 5th spot.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Sorry to bring back an old thread, but figured I’d post here rather than start a new how do I beat nightsisters thread ...

I run JTR, BB8, R2 +2 (typically Zolo and GK)

However, I’m on a day one shard, and almost my whole top 10 uses NS against me. I’m sure on D I’m getting wrecked, but even on O I am too if I mess up any little thing. Most of these teams are +100-120 speed on the whole team, very elite mods.

However, been watching this shore and Zarris thing and it looks very doable. However, I don’t have zeta on Barris, and definitely don’t have the full trooper team yet.

But what if I just ran the core 3 + shore (g10) and chirrut rather than Barris?

With crit immunity, Zarris is pretty much negated other than her equalizer, which chirrut can do to. And then chirrut can hit for 40k on special and dish out HoTs.
  • Meerava wrote: »

Deathtrooper increases cooldowns and he's a fairly good damage dealer, so that may be something to consider if you're worried about assaj dispelling your crit hit immunity. He also has decent syngergies with shore cause they're both empire
  • I've run GK and Shore together under JTR. Works fine. Though typically both get taken out of the game by opponent rey's debuffs.
  • Just run JTR, R2, BB8, Hoda and Zaris. Very reliable way to beat them. Hodas stars and gear dont make much difference, just pump his speed

The Alliance - Alpha. IGN Clintman.
    Are you in my Arena Shard? Want to join our Discord PVP channel? PM me.
  • Smh should have just started my own thread :(