Why are my ships so much slower than everybody else's?

Luniz
359 posts Member
Every pvp ship battle I do now has the entire enemy fleet take a turn before me, and my capital ship only takes one turn for every 2 of the other, even though I use mace. Is there any way i can make the ships i have faster (not adding TM ships which I don't have)? I am free falling out of arena ranks and suddenly can't come close to winning.

Replies

• Options
    Gear and mod your pilots.. add me 897 311 786 and I’ll take a look
  • chionophile
    1097 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Pilot gear, abilities, mods, and ship stars all affect speed.

Edit: This might help you - http://apps.crouchingrancor.com/Calculators/ShipSpeed
  • chionophile
    1097 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Luniz wrote: »
    I didn't know that mods worked on ships I will try it

It's not that the mods "work" on ships, per se, you just need to have your pilots have all 5*, level 15 mods. The actual bonuses and sets don't matter. Put your junk 5* mods on pilots you don't otherwise use. Sets don't even need to line up.
    Post edited by chionophile on
  • Bosphorath_Meldibar
    42 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Luniz wrote: »
    even though I use mace.

Found your problem. Mace is garbage. Tark is the go-to commander, AA in a pinch, but Tark's "I win" button is almost impossible to beat, assuming you've bothered to build up Tark (which you absolutely definitely without a doubt should). The only thing Mace has going for him is the one-turn no damage ability but by the time you get there, your fleet is almost gone.
  • Options
    Mace's cap ship isn't garbage. With the right fleet, it's actually really good. If you think the only thing it has going for it is it's damage block buff, you're doing it wrong.
  • Options
    Mace can be very annoying to play against If they have the right ships and spread the taunt around.
  • Options
    I've never met a mace fleet I couldn't crush with Tarkin. Tarkin can hold on defense if he gets some lucky rolls, especially with both a Tie Reaper and Tie Fighter in play. Mace can't.
  • crzydroid
    7298 posts Moderator
    Options
    Crew ability upgrades add to speed as well as mods.

If your opponent has a TIE fighter, it can add tm to enemy capital whenever it dodges. And if they have Reaper, it can reduce your capital tm when a ship is destroyed.
  • Options
    Mace's capital ship is easily the worst in the game.
  • Options
    I use mace and am top 5 every day. usually fall to 10-16. easy climb back up. Chimera is actually easier with mace so I hear from my shard mates. I have an all target lock/biggs team and i can take out any fleet: FOTF, Tie Adv, Slave, Biggs x-wing, Umbarian Starfighter. On deck: scimitar, kylos shuttle, wedges x-wing

TL with FOTF to start (he’s usually first), fives special for a second TL, damaging the first target as well, biggs sometimes locks or special with likely TL assist, vader buff removal & TL another ship. So by the time mace goes he hits 3-5 targets hit, then boba aoe. the enemy is usually almost dead at that point. don’t forget mace gets TM with valor, so he can sometimes go every couple turns since FOTF gains TM with any damages TL opponent. so when he has valor it boosts TM both.

Weakness is tie reaper, but that’s usually an easy first kill. Also he doesn’t spread the TL as easy on defense, tends to add taunt and not reinforce as well. otherwise he’s pretty solid.
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    On offense Mace is really good. He's like BB-8. Has some incredibly long cooldowns and slow speed but also recovers it very quickly with his valor buff. That's why he is better than Ackbar/Tarkin against Chimaera. Chimaera ult can instantly defeat 1 enemy, reduce 40% max health of all other enemies, increase cooldown of capital ship by 1, and recover 40% max health on all allies. But if you use the Mace's ult at the right time, you only lose 1 ship and nothing else. Plus cooldown increase on capital ship is not as big deal as for the other 3 capital ships