Territory Wars matchmaking

It seems to me that the matchmaking system is really broken. Since the first 2 Territory Wars, our guild has regularly been matched up with guilds who’s gp is 15-20 million more than our own. It is pretty discouraging when you think about it. Has there been any discussions describing how exactly the matchmaking process works? It seems to me that it should be matching guilds up a little bit more competitively or maybe our guild is just that terrible. Thoughts?

Replies

• Matchmaking does not work with the total GP of the guild, but the total amount of GP of the players who signed up! So might be fighting guild with more GP, but not all the players signed up!
  • We’re getting 45-49 members each each war..... still seems like we’ve been getting terribly miss matched. Wish you could see what the opposing guilds active gp is and how many members they have in the fight as well
  • You can tell @ how many players the other guild has if you double the number of defensive squads they are able to place. But this only works if they have less players than you. Their active gp is a whole other story.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited January 2018

While some of the community has expressed concern over matchmaking, we’d like to detail the following:
    • The Active GP bracket only determines the rewards for the guild. This does not factor into matchmaking.
    • Matchmaking is based on a variety of factors including the GP of units that can participate
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    There is a lot more to TW as far as strategy is concerned.

It may sound odd but the best way to get the ball rolling is to aim for a tie and then build up from there. its a hard balance to find O vs. D. you either need someone committed to examining your whole guilds rosters or a lot of communication from your guild about if they place x,y,z on defense then what do they have left that is useful.

the initial setup is work, but after you get it figured out you can start to float that balance pretty easily
  • Rando! This is Norrin Radd from your fleet shard. I'd really like to set up a Discord server for a shard chat to help us coordinate payouts. Are you on Discord?
  • Anrath
    216 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I guess we have been pretty luck with our matchmaking. The last TWar we were up against a guild that had higher average GP per player then we did, but had slightly less players joining in on the War (less active GP because of this maybe) then we did (we had 30, but were limited to 14 defenders per zone). Anyway they barely cleared 1/2 our zones and we cleared all of theirs.
    So I think it's more about participation (or lack there-of) then bad matchmaking... from our experience anyway.

Btw other times we have won just by 1 partially damaged squad, everything else was cleared on both sides. Wonder if they were being nice since we cleared their map first? Btw we don't put garbage on defense... we try to make it hard for the other guild :) .
  • Wish people would stop complaining about matchmaking...its getting boring. If you keep losing then maybe look at changing tactics.

And I'm not being argumentative...we similarly have be matched against higher GP guilds and have won all but one. This I feel is because the guild works collaboratively and sticks to tactics and listens to attack direction.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Wish people would stop complaining about matchmaking...its getting boring. If you keep losing then maybe look at changing tactics.

And I'm not being argumentative...we similarly have be matched against higher GP guilds and have won all but one. This I feel is because the guild works collaboratively and sticks to tactics and listens to attack direction.

I think this is the main reason this can't be a "simple fix". There is no real way to know if it was a bad match or a bad strategy in every case.
  • NRadd47 wrote: »
    Rando! This is Norrin Radd from your fleet shard. I'd really like to set up a Discord server for a shard chat to help us coordinate payouts. Are you on Discord?

Sorry for necrothreading this but hey man, yeah I’m on discord, u find any of the other guys in our shard?