The current raid situation

Raids are NOT NEARLY as fun as they once were...

AAT is basically a split between those with BB8 and those who don't have BB8. The ones with him are top of damage and compete with eachother for top spots, the ones without BB8 have to sit there and wait until they can get him.

Rancor is an even greater mess. If you have CLS then rancor becomes a joke. 20 solos each raid, you are lucky if you solo and still make it to the top 10, top 3 is a lottery draw...

The feeling of getting less guild coins and gear than someone else who soloed is certainly awful and unfair.

Lastly to adress those who will say "if you want to have fun then try new squads and stuff". Let me tell you that I need gear more than ever, i won't settle for anything less than maximum damage

Raids need to adapt to the game. They are severely underbalanced and forgotten

Replies

• Options
    Why has you Guild not adjusted to 49 zero damage and 1 Solo?
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    CLS can solo p1 H AAT by himself, Resistance WITHOUT BB8 can solo p2. Princess Zody can solo p4.

BB8 can make things faster, but not to a point of being unfair. Easy to too charts w/out him.
  • Options
    Why has you Guild not adjusted to 49 zero damage and 1 Solo?

Lmao, that's sooooo horrible. It becomes even more of a lottery. What if you are 50th? At least when there no restrictions those who show up get rewarded more than those who are lazy
  • Options
    Poxx wrote: »
    CLS can solo p1 H AAT by himself, Resistance WITHOUT BB8 can solo p2. Princess Zody can solo p4.

BB8 can make things faster, but not to a point of being unfair. Easy to too charts w/out him.

Resistance can't solo p2, min3 are all g11 and they cant. You need insane mods. Also gearing clones is an additional full squad, too much gear needed
  • TheLightandDark1
    117 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    does not seem unfair to me that those with bb8 (further along players) get better rewards
  • Options
    Like why should you get the same rewards as someone who has put the work in to have bb8 done?
  • Options
    Like why should you get the same rewards as someone who has put the work in to have bb8 done?

You mean "the money"?
  • Options
    I'm f2p and I have bb8 so no not "the money"
  • Options
    I do agree on the rancor though. The crapshoot of who gets the better rewards of those who Solo it is annoying
  • Options
    I'm f2p and I have bb8 so no not "the money"

He's a single character, he shouldn't be that powerful
  • Options
    I do agree on the rancor though. The crapshoot of who gets the better rewards of those who Solo it is annoying
    It's a joke, 100% luck and nothing more
  • Options
    Hmmm, maybe farm up an alternate way to get gear? Say arena team to get top 10?

But I get what you're saying, cadwane. In rancor raids, it really is a lottery and for HAAT, those without a BB8 are just watching themselves get pushed lower. As with all raids though, I think new content was always meant to make the raids easier so that people can progress to focus on the fresh game modes they introduce.

After that, how your guild wants to run the raids is entirely up to your guild's discretion.

For example, my old guild used to do a single toon tag for 3 guys and they had to deal 15k, 10k and 5k damage respectively to be placed top 3. So when FFA drops and they solo, they will be placed top 3. And then for the next raid, they won't get top 3.
  • Options
    Hmmm, maybe farm up an alternate way to get gear? Say arena team to get top 10?

But I get what you're saying, cadwane. In rancor raids, it really is a lottery and for HAAT, those without a BB8 are just watching themselves get pushed lower. As with all raids though, I think new content was always meant to make the raids easier so that people can progress to focus on the fresh game modes they introduce.

After that, how your guild wants to run the raids is entirely up to your guild's discretion.

For example, my old guild used to do a single toon tag for 3 guys and they had to deal 15k, 10k and 5k damage respectively to be placed top 3. So when FFA drops and they solo, they will be placed top 3. And then for the next raid, they won't get top 3.

That isn't bad actually
  • Options
    Same old gripe. You want to punish people for being successful instead of working to make yourself successful.

Others put time and effort into getting bb8 but you want to get the same benefit as them.
  • Options
    Same old gripe. You want to punish people for being successful instead of working to make yourself successful.

Others put time and effort into getting bb8 but you want to get the same benefit as them.
    Actually i did put the effort to help my guild with TB. I farmed hoth rebel soldier and CHS so I didn't have resources to spare for FO ST. I missed the event by 80 shards. I counted on the 80 shard packs for FO for 15-20 bucks but the devs decided to go with the 80 dollar bundle instead and it was too expensive.

Perhaps I should have been selfish and postpone HRS and CHS like others did and fo FOST instead but don't judge me without knowing.
  • Options
    This has been going by on since the beginning of raids. The top players with the most powerful toons get the top prizes. The only difference now is the raids finish way faster.
  • STRYKER667
    152 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Easy thing would be to make all rewards for players that participate equal. Just like TW and TB does for the Guild. Make everyone get the 1st place prize except for Han/Kenobi shards, make those equal to the 4th place winnings. Then it wouldn't matter who beat it as lonvv as your guild did the 24hr zero damage rule everyone would get prizes.
  • Osik
    235 posts Member
    Options
    look, you are probly in a top 10-15% guild that has raids on farm... so should it be impossible for the 85% of guilds that arent as strong? part of being in an elite guild is older content gets easy, if you dont like it, join a lower power guild and dont use your top heroes...
  • Options
    Osik wrote: »
    look, you are probly in a top 10-15% guild that has raids on farm... so should it be impossible for the 85% of guilds that arent as strong? part of being in an elite guild is older content gets easy, if you dont like it, join a lower power guild and dont use your top heroes...

Or what about new raid tiers? No tm removal on rancor for example?
  • Options
    How about just a new raid, like a ship raid.
  • Options
    STRYKER667 wrote: »
    How about just a new raid, like a ship raid.

Ship raids would be a problem cause it's hard to get 7 star ships. But i do want a new raid
  • Sunnie1978
    2937 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moving to Feedback: Raids
  • thomssi
    526 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    does not seem unfair to me that those with bb8 (further along players) get better rewards

I wouldn't call it unfair as such either but it does split the guild in two for those with and without and I don't fully agree with the "further along" part.

I can spend ages farming tusken shaman, zader, zidious, phasma, Boba (previously one of best P2 team) to add 2m or 3m max in P2. I could spend same or less effort getting toons for BB-8 and add 20m+. That isn't further along, it is a lottery on a new toon coming up. I have 50% more GP than some in guild so total roster is way further along, can't even get close just as they had farmed FO and I had farmed something else.

To be honest, don't care so much, all but top 3 get same GK shards anyway and other stuff is random. BB-8 though has caused substantial effort being essentially completely wasted (shaman is not much use for anything else and is a pain to get).

Bigger issue though is that it was fun and helped guild participation with organising people to try and get phase specific squads, a guild working together. zavage/zylo for this, resistance for that, clones here etc. That is completely out the window and is now, you guys post stuff wherever then one or two of us will kill the rest. The guild dynamics stuff never really came into rancor but it did with HAAT so ignoring rewards it has just taken some of the fun out of things.