Galactic War matching

Hello, I am a level 83 player. Galactic Power at 485k. I have not been able to beat Galactic War in a very long time. There was an update a few weeks ago, it was said that GW would be easier now. Indeed, I would get to stages 9-12, but still not beat it. But for the past 2 weeks I only was able to pass 5-6 stages. A few days in a row now I was paired with a level 85 Wedge-Biggs team at stage 6 - and I can't get past it. That is quite frustrating. I about 200 GW tokens a day out of GW currently.

My question: is there a trick to get better matching? What is the matching based on? I've been working on a 2nd and 3rd team, mostly 7 stars. The wider the selection of toons, the harder GW seems to get for me. Is GW matching based on GP? Or is it just a really unlucky streak?

Replies

• It appears it's only got easier for players at lvl 85 :(
  • The GW change only really made it easier for people who have been at lv85 for awhile. Now if you're at lv85 instead of using your top 5 power characters, it gives you a GW strength of someone who just hit 85. Until then GW is based off your top 5 characters, with nodes 9-12 being that strength team and progressively better.

You're at a rough point in GW, where unless you have a really specific team(strong Phoenix, ZFinn resistance, ZVeers troopers, ect) you'll likely not clear it.

The good news, it gets better. Once you hit 85 you'll continue to get stronger but GW will remain the same. Alternately farm/gear Phoenix, I literally hit auto 12 times and they finish with full health & protection everytime.

• As others have already said. Continue playing and it will get ridiculously easy.
  • Use fodder units on those teams u can’t beat. Only send 3 at a time for fodder and your lowest toons. And play each cycle to only use your special moves when needed, don’t waste the special moves. Always a bigger team on the next node.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Antares wrote: »
    As others have already said. Continue playing and it will get ridiculously easy.

This is the best advice out there as far as matching. Just stick with it
  • Thanks for the advice.
    Let me ask a follow up question. Is the next opponent based on the overall top 5 of your toons, or is it based on the squad that is used to beat the most decent stage?
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Leveller76 wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice.
    Let me ask a follow up question. Is the next opponent based on the overall top 5 of your toons, or is it based on the squad that is used to beat the most decent stage?

Overall top 5