Difficulty

I was several month not playing swgoh anymore and started again now but the galaxtic war difficulty is ridicilously high. i am lv66 and my opponents are 80-85... and it wont get easier.. anything i can do to reduce the difficulty? what influences it?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    They recently made changes to GW, I have not seen a really good breakdown of the current situation but the basics are that it seems to be hard for lower levels and gets easier as you approach 85. Once at lvl 85 as you build up more characters and everything it gets really easy
  • Kyno wrote: »
    They recently made changes to GW, I have not seen a really good breakdown of the current situation but the basics are that it seems to be hard for lower levels and gets easier as you approach 85. Once at lvl 85 as you build up more characters and everything it gets really easy

If they want to attract people to the game, it should be geared to get harder as it goes up, not easier, surely.
  • Matthew_01 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

If they want to attract people to the game, it should be geared to get harder as it goes up, not easier, surely.

This is true, but GW isn't that simple. Typically GW success comes in waves: it's pretty easy to clear early, then gets harder when you hit g7, then calms down a bit, then levels 70-85 are really difficult, then it gets really easy.

You can alleviate this growing pain some if you picked a squad that does tons of TM manipulation or regenerates protection; also by knowing the mechanics and building up TM in multiple squads and knowing when to retreat and try something different for a new RNG seed.

Pre-GW change was an entirely different beast. We're talking 6-9 nodes of solid gold CLS teams with 7+ zetas. I'm not going to say it was impossible, but it was a huge chore and rediculous time sink.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Roo wrote: »
    I was several month not playing swgoh anymore and started again now but the galaxtic war difficulty is ridicilously high. i am lv66 and my opponents are 80-85... and it wont get easier.. anything i can do to reduce the difficulty? what influences it?

Yeah but are they good level 85s or bad level 85s.

I saw a lot of Vader Chewie pao ahsoka talia teams at level 85.

If you want an easy gw run Phoenix their recovery makes gw very easy.
  • The answer seems simple to me. Don't have any opposition teams higher than your current level.

Level 85 are unaffected.

Lower level players don't have a roster deep enough to compete without losses and still won't complete every time.

Today I was on the second node and was facing a team with a toon 2 levels above me. I had to put out a sacrifice squad then my 2nd strongest squad and I still lost toons. I got wiped out every remaining charter without making a dent.

• Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Watp2018 wrote: »
    The answer seems simple to me. Don't have any opposition teams higher than your current level.

Level 85 are unaffected.

If they do this I hope they improve the quality of the opposition and it's no longer chewie tarkin jc talia and kylo all over the place.

They use higher levels because 90% of the time they pick bad squads.
  • Ivm fairly New to the game, but since 4 days it's impossible to clean even node 6. Player level 16 level higher and toon level up to 14 gear 7. I can try everything but 2 hits and my toons are gone. **** can you do against the. Level 52 and first 15 toon i keep close to eachother to be abel to boring 3 squads?????