Ignite the flame that is the Phoenix

Is Ezra's zeta worth it? Seems like he will be pretty powerful but I know there are so many to zeta that idk if I should use it on Finn or BB 8 either

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Moved to strategy section
  • DedrickRogue
    924 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I honestly think he has the worst zeta when ran inside Phoenix squad. It's not bad, it's more that Kanan, Sabine and Zeb's all turn them into juggernauts, and Hera's cooldown reduction paired with any other zeta goes crazy.

However, unlike every other Phoenix, his zeta doesn't require him being used with other Phoenix members to gain full advantage from it, and Flourish is an excellent move regardless. So if you also run him with Rebels or especially Jedi then it makes a lot more sense, the defense up alone will help make up for his survivability lost when not sharing uniques.
  • If you don't have Finn's yet, start there. His is way, way better than Ezra's.
  • I actually think his zeta is impressive. Especially when in a Phoenix squad (or at least with Hera as lead)
    With Hera as lead the 75% turn meter gain becomes 95% (115% if he is not at full health) - Cooldown 2
    So almost immediately gets his next turn - Here he can call Hera (or any other support (Thrawn, Palp) for his called assist and immediately gains 60% turn meter (80% if not at full health)
    If used on Hera she should be ready to take her turn and can use her called assist on Ezra (Ezra gains 50% turn meter and is ready for his next turn)
    Now because his zeta has Cooldown of 2 when used on unbuffed enemy, it is ready again! So another 95% (115% if not full health) and he once again almost immediately takes his next turn!
    If you had zeta Hera use her called assist on Ezra earlier his Watch and Learn should be ready to go again.
    Use watch and learn on Hera...
    This is where the virtual unstoppable combo ends (Unless Chopper is in your team and on one of the 11 attacks during the combo assists and reduces Hera’s Cooldowns)

• It's by no means a bad zeta, it's actually quite good, it's just not nearly as good as Kanan Sabine or Hera's. Hera's zeta in addition to either of the previous two basically gives Phoenix endless turns...and unlike Ezra's it doesn't fall apart to a pretaunt.

Which is the good/bad thing about Ezra's Flourish. It's a buff wipe, which they absolutely need, that you feel like you're shooting yourself in the foot when you use it as such.