Question for the Whales

Phipps
1107 posts Member
At least on my Shard (started mid/end of December) the few whale teams at the top of the leader board have cookie cutter boring teams. They also never change their lineup or try new things. Considering whales are the only ones who can put in all sorts of different viable lineups why is this happening? It's very boring.

Not like whales need the crystals or arena tokens to farm. (Not complaining About that I can still take top 5 daily)

Isn't the point of this game to collect/build and try new fun lineups? What's the point of spending thousands to build the exact same team a f2p like myself can build just to have the other 60 heroes sit there?

Replies

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Phipps wrote: »
    What's the point of spending thousands to build the exact same team a f2p like myself can build just to have the other 60 heroes sit there?
    1351944666_duck-sauce-charlie-sheen-spinstyles-bi-winning-edit.jpg
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    What's the point of spending thousands to build the exact same team a f2p like myself can build just to have the other 60 heroes sit there?
    1351944666_duck-sauce-charlie-sheen-spinstyles-bi-winning-edit.jpg

Gotta stay positive
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Predian
    615 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    At least on my Shard (started mid/end of December) the few whale teams at the top of the leader board have cookie cutter boring teams. They also never change their lineup or try new things. Considering whales are the only ones who can put in all sorts of different viable lineups why is this happening? It's very boring.

Not like whales need the crystals or arena tokens to farm. (Not complaining About that I can still take top 5 daily)

Isn't the point of this game to collect/build and try new fun lineups? What's the point of spending thousands to build the exact same team a f2p like myself can build just to have the other 60 heroes sit there?

Hey - my team isn't cookie cutter! I was using Rey, Liam before those guys. I'm the only top 20 I think that uses Daka and Aayla. And I don't use Poe, Sid, Phasma, Ben, Genosian Soldier.

Give me some love Phipps :)

Edit - And I do mix mine up. I use Maul, Kit, Koth sometimes depending on who I'm playing against.
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    @Predian

You are the only one who is ever mixing it up on our shard and who probably enjoys using their characters and trying new lineups. Your lineup seems to change weekly which is awesome as its boring playing the same teams on repeat (it's like a bad version of GW on our shard).

Once my rebel/mixed team is finished and Ackbar gets fixed I'll be trying that.

• Anakin, Savage, and Resistance Pilot are my next ups. I think....I'm fickle.
  • I change mine all the time, as do others on my shard. It's amazing the crap teams you can actually win with lol