Sim tickets in 2018

Prev1
Come on CG, I don’t want to redo missions in full again because of running out of sim tickets. You have added so much content since launch that I don’t want to work my way through the mace challenge again. The drop rates for sim tickets is pitiful and you have so many toons in game that need lots of 6 energy node gear, which burns sim tickets fast.

It is high time you removed sim tickets and let us sim any mission we have three starred for free. I have better things to do with my time than auto low end missions 10 times.

Replies

• TVF
    36591 posts Member
    Farm high energy nodes. You'll have more sim tickets than you know what to do with.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Buying gear for coins and the rework they did on the challenges, I don't find myself farming low lvl gear too often.

Resources management is key, both gear and tickets
  • I use crystals for high energy node gear and farm low energy nodes for low gear. I still think sim tickets are a redundant concept in the current game.
  • Nice one CG forum police, moved this from general discussion.
  • The irony is of course that I farm the shoretrooper node every day, baze too, so running out of tickets is insane.
  • Darth_cowboy
    1139 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Buy more energy refreshes problem solved I'm sitting on 14k
  • As another idea there was a game I played for a while where the farming was similar where instead of sim tickets they had an unlimited sim system locked behind a 5 dollar paywall
  • I had thousands at one time and don't play any different, except of course newer simable content. The drop rates have changed imo (yes just my opinion). For past months been farming the 6 daily hard nodes (3 at 16e), (3 at 20e). Last month for cantina did nothing but 16e mod farming. I don't see how else I could be running out unless the rates have changed. To be honest I stopped keeping track I had so many; of course I've been watching it now. I never get back more than I spend (also to be clear 10e min normal runs for gear). I don't want to only farm hard, I have enough characters at the moment that I can't gear or put abilities on now! Please fix this. If I can't sim I will not be spending the extra time, so either have to buy them for gems (lame), or leave my guild for inactivity? I hope this is not what was intended. Please fix this, plenty of ways to do so. How about a buy option in the other lately ignored shops (gw, cantina, hell ally points would be nice!). Thanks for consideration.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Having a sim ticket shortage was fine in 2016 and 2017, but in 2018 its not okay !
    (i've never had a shortage)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Fatzke
    705 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Snipey wrote: »
    Nice one CG forum police, moved this from general discussion.

Yeah, to general feedback, because that's what it is.

I did also run out on sim tickets, simply because I didn't farm any hard nodes. Since I so that, I'm up to 3k again.

But yeah, I also think we don't really need them.
  • Semi
    133 posts Member
    Do not farm items on low energy nodes + refresh . Look at the ratio of energy/ sim and you might start spending less Sims than you gain from refreshes
    I am at 6k and never bought any
  • The other thing that burns sim tickets are challenges...
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    The other thing that burns sim tickets are challenges...

GW will become sim-abe soon, so maybe they will make some adjustments to the sim-ticket system.
    Or maybe they don't and react once the forum is filled with complaints about not having enough sim-tickets, hehe.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    I don't think another 12 tickets a day is going to break anyone who has been playing enough to sim high energy nodes, not by a long shot.
  • Fatzke
    705 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Widowailer wrote: »
    I had thousands at one time and don't play any different, except of course newer simable content. The drop rates have changed imo (yes just my opinion). I don't see how else I could be running out unless the rates have changed.

I had exactly the same problem and this was my theory
    too. I couldn't belive that farming at lower nodes does make such a big difference. I didn't farm any hard nodes at all. Now I do and I'm back at 2500-3000 tickets again. They didn't change any drop rates.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    It's simple math. It costs one sim ticket to do a single 6 energy normal node, and one sim ticket to do a single 20 energy hard node. But you can do far less 20 energy sims a day (given same amount of energy used) so of course you will have more sim tickets left over.
  • Im sitting on a couple thousand tickets and still want them gone. It was bad idea 2ish years ago, now it's just a constant reminder of a frustrating time playing.

Please just remove them. Long time players spend money... and are never short on them. Short time player aren't going to spend money when they quit over something that has no point being in the game to begin with.
  • TVF wrote: »
    It's simple math. It costs one sim ticket to do a single 6 energy normal node, and one sim ticket to do a single 20 energy hard node. But you can do far less 20 energy sims a day (given same amount of energy used) so of course you will have more sim tickets left over.

You forget about challenges. Most days there are 10 challenges available to sim, on Monday there are 14, Sunday there are 26. Some toons take a lot of low energy gear (nightsisters) so if I want to farm them I will lose sim tickets. I’ve needed to farm a lot of low energy nodes recently and now it has gotten to the point where I auto the challenges just to save sim tickets. Hell I’ve even had to auto low energy nodes. For a game that is meant to be FUN this is no fun at all.

Remove sim tickets once and for all.

• t0neg0d wrote: »
    Im sitting on a couple thousand tickets and still want them gone. It was bad idea 2ish years ago, now it's just a constant reminder of a frustrating time playing.

Please just remove them. Long time players spend money... and are never short on them. Short time player aren't going to spend money when they quit over something that has no point being in the game to begin with.

I’m a long time player who has spent. The time sink is getting out of hand and I’ve had enough. Running the tarkin and veer challenges on auto 5 times today makes me realise how ridiculous things are now.

• TVF
    36591 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

You forget about challenges.

No I didn't, I just didn't bring them up because they have nothing to do with what I said.

• TVF wrote: »

No I didn't, I just didn't bring them up because they have nothing to do with what I said.

Right, but it has everything to do with what I am saying. Simple maths shows that simming low nodes and challenges will run you dry.
  • GhostTruckin
    4020 posts Member
    edited February 2018

Right, but it has everything to do with what I am saying. Simple maths shows that simming low nodes and challenges will run you dry.

Lol then this is where we mention that sims are a treat , that's how they were introduced into the game when they were brought in. As such, manage your resources appropriately lol.
  • Snipey wrote: »

Lol then this is where we mention that sims are a treat , that's how they were introduced into the game when they were brought in. As such, manage your resources appropriately lol.

If I want to manage my resources “appropriately”, I’ll quit. Remember that it is a game, not a job.

I can’t believe you are suggesting that the problem is with the player.

• Snipey wrote: »

If I want to manage my resources “appropriately”, I’ll quit. Remember that it is a game, not a job.

I can’t believe you are suggesting that the problem is with the player.

My point is that if you recall , presuming you were around, sims were introduced as a treat, because people complained about having to manually battle nodes. This was before 4x, and auto play were options as well. As such, they were and are a treat. Now, the player is responsible for managing his or her resources in game. Whatever reason you have for having no sims, is likely explained by either a propensity to farm six energy nodes, or a failure to refresh energy daily. As such, that becomes a resource issue by the player, not the game.

The game is fun, it also is a little more involved then simply log in once a day and call it good. It's not a job either , but it all depends on what you want to accomplish ,, and like everything, what you put in is what you get out.

So you remember, this is not a console fighting game, this is a type of farming collection game where you need to manage and acquire resources in order to build chars. Which in order to maximize your build rate, requires just a slight bit more then a lick and a promise.

If managing your resources means you need to quit, then so be it, however the game has been this style since it launched.
  • If managing your resources means you need to quit, then so be it, however the game has been this style since it launched.

And it was a terrible idea then too.

What people are missing is:

The only people who suffer from lack of SIM tickets are NEW PLAYERS... new players are more likely to walk away if frustration sets in. They're already at a massive disadvantage for more reasons I care to type out. Why would they keep this POINTLESS barrier in place?
    If managing your resources means you need to quit, then so be it, however the game has been this style since it launched.

The only people who suffer from lack of SIM tickets are NEW PLAYERS... new players are more likely to walk away if frustration sets in. They're already at a massive disadvantage for more reasons I care to type out. Why would they keep this POINTLESS barrier in place?

This pointless barrier that was instituted as a treat to alleviate having to manually battle nodes,. .. Right, nice try mate
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    If I need low energy gear I always look if that piece is available on a higher energy node, that also contains other gear I need, yes I might not get that low energy gear as fast, but in the big picture I save time grinding for gear.
    Example: you need a ton of MK5 Blastech, instead of farming it from DS 2B(6energy), farm it from DS 9F(10 energy), here you also farm MK5 Medpac component and MK1 Bacta Gel, that you also need a ton off
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection

This pointless barrier that was instituted as a treat to alleviate having to manually battle nodes,. .. Right, nice try mate

No1 said get of the ability to sim. People are asking to get rid of tickets. Either you just love to argue, or... ?? If you couldn't figure that out on your own... I don't know what to think. Smh
    t0neg0d wrote: »

No1 said get of the ability to sim. People are asking to get rid of tickets. Either you just love to argue, or... ?? If you couldn't figure that out on your own... I don't know what to think. Smh

No, just get rid of sim tickets because folks can't be bothered to manage their resources, :D