The current “meta”

13Next

Replies

• Smapty wrote: »
    So what do you think?...

CLS is falling out of favor... Jedi Rey has come in strong... shes the FOTM for sure

But is she the “best”?

...there’s so many other options...

Nightsisters are strong vs most of the cliche meta teams (CLS & Jedi Rey) but they struggle vs Empire or really any team with some strong AOE. Some variations in NS teams but once you can bust em they are are super easy

Speaking of empire... some solid options now with probe droid and Starck in the mix. Still a strong contender and can hold their own in high end arena for sure. There sooo are many options for them... even characters like...

Wampa? Yeah he can make things interesting... I think he still has yet to be fully realized...

And the other “guild events” character...

Hermit Yoda... I’ve battled some amazing teams in TW that made me realize how awesome he can be in the right team

But what about Ewoks?

They beat all of the above easily but struggle on defense... still are super fun and highly effective... quite possibly the best player controlled team of all the others

And yet there’s so many more... FO with new Kylo? Rex led teams are making yet another comeback... Zarriss and Kenobi are always a solid choice

So who’s the best now?

The best and greatest answer is all of them... it’s Rock Paper Scissors and I’m pretty happy about it :)

So what are you running?

...still holding on to CLS? Or finally realizing NS? Maybe Jedi Rey... or Empire even?

Or maybe something completely different...

I’m using Ewoks and they kick some serious butt...

Arena is kinda fun again... its nice that no one team dominates them all :)

1.NS
    2.RJT
    3.CLS
    that's the whole meta.
  • Mullato wrote: »
    I have become pretty inactive in this game for the most part. I went from participating fully in raids to just autoing tb, posting zeros on raids, basically just getting my 600s.

I used to rotate 1-4 for payout in arena, to now letting myself drop into 50-70s...wherever i get knocked too. Alot of times I'll go a week without doing any arena battles, was feeling pretty burned out on the game.

So I finally went back to Jedi after getting bored of my rebel squad. And this time it's an actual full Jedi comp. Most fun I've had in a long time - running something different than everyone else on my shard and my favorite faction. I put them in e other day when I got off work after payout and climbed into top 20, to see how they fair.

All are g12 with some g12 pieces on them.
    Have zetas on
    QGJ,
    hoda (heal)
    Ezra
    Ben (taunt)

Does ok vs most Rey squads.

HIHMcDO.png
    TXcafGf.png

Cls rebels can blow my ben or gk up, but that's ok lol.

OqMfRMT.jpg
    kY9EDuQ.png

Ezra is nasty with masters training, highest hit I've seen from his special was 62k I believe. Highest basic was a double tap for 23k-23k.

QGJ can do decent with masters training also. Basic is around 13k, and his dispel hit a thrawn for 22k.

That sounds great! Thats what im gonna do with my scoundrel Jabba the hutt team... Oh Wait.
  • leef wrote: »
    ofcourse this guy ^ is still running jedi xD

Lol, nothing's chsnged.
  • I keep 3 maxed teams for arena. Sisters to fight jrey. Jrey to fight cls and troopers to fight sisters. I just keep switching between battles and once I get to 1st I'll switch to sisters if I'm not with them even if I have to refresh. They drop the least overnight
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Optimus11 wrote: »
    I keep 3 maxed teams for arena. Sisters to fight jrey. Jrey to fight cls and troopers to fight sisters. I just keep switching between battles and once I get to 1st I'll switch to sisters if I'm not with them even if I have to refresh. They drop the least overnight

I remember saying a long time ago that this is what arena should be like...

If you have several teams available and can adjust to match up better against your opponents team and prevail then you should be able to rank higher in arena. It rewards the players who have invested into various different teams and characters rather than the player with limited options.

You could argue that this would favor the people who have been playing longer or have sunk more money into the game... but that’s pretty much already the case (to some extent at least)

I’m hoping with future reworks and new character introductions that it will only broaden the list of viable teams... rather than refocusing the meta on one particular squad that is superior to all the others
    I keep 3 maxed teams for arena. Sisters to fight jrey. Jrey to fight cls and troopers to fight sisters. I just keep switching between battles and once I get to 1st I'll switch to sisters if I'm not with them even if I have to refresh. They drop the least overnight

If you have several teams available and can adjust to match up better against your opponents team and prevail then you should be able to rank higher in arena. It rewards the players who have invested into various different teams and characters rather than the player with limited options.

You could argue that this would favor the people who have been playing longer or have sunk more money into the game... but that’s pretty much already the case (to some extent at least)

I’m hoping with future reworks and new character introductions that it will only broaden the list of viable teams... rather than refocusing the meta on one particular squad that is superior to all the others

Completely agree with the above. A sensible post on this forum for a change!
  • Cassius97
    74 posts Member
    edited January 2018

And there is your answer, Nightsisters are the meta.

Empire is not the meta. They are only used to fight the Nightsisters. They are anti-meta.

The empire characters required to fight the Nightsisters are almost as inaccessible as the Nightsisters, so you aren't seeing much of them either.

Jrey and CLS are the best thing available to those that didn't spend $600+ dollars on 7 starring Talzin and Zombie. Not to mention any gear they may have purchased to beef them up.
  • To the guys who were spruiking ewoks.

What happens when a wild Zarriss appears?

if the Rose and Holdo rumors and their kits I've seen are true that's going to create a very small meta ... NS probably shut out and CLS will have big problems as well. No NS would make Troopers useless.
  • The developers should be concentrating on improving the Dark side (New Zeta for EP & Vader + adding Jabba) not making the Resistance unbeatable.
  • The developers should be concentrating on improving the Dark side (New Zeta for EP & Vader + adding Jabba) not making the Resistance unbeatable.

Agree - but if you've been around for a while you see that the devs meant it when they said Star Wars was a story about Rebels and a Rebellion....They cheat for the LS and bias the game toward those characters. We're playing a Disney commercial about SW and sadly not a tactical turn-based game about SW. Hence the forced CLS meta, the now forced RJT meta, before that the R1 movie Chaze meta.
  • Yup....I’ve said it before. The person(s) responsible for deciding who is allowed to be in this game comes from Disney and is under the age of 35. No doubt in my mind.
  • The real meta is collusion. Any of you taking first without being part of your shard gang?

Area is not about competition anymore, and unless they do something to break the gangs it will kill the end game. Especially as the game becomes more balanced and more people max their toons.

It they don't fix it, people will leave and the game will die. I hope they don't let that happen.
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Easybee wrote: »
    The real meta is collusion. Any of you taking first without being part of your shard gang?

Area is not about competition anymore, and unless they do something to break the gangs it will kill the end game. Especially as the game becomes more balanced and more people max their toons.

It they don't fix it, people will leave and the game will die. I hope they don't let that happen.

I don’t see widespread complaints about this. It’s a small number of players posting the same thing repeatedly. That won’t kill the game at all, just potentially cause the small handful to go away. There are ten or twenty threads from new players seeking advice for every one post about collusion from the same two or three complainers. The game is alive and well and attracting new players every day.
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Holdo looks *decent*... possibly solid in a JRT team

Rose looks mediocre at best...

I’m not impressed with either of them honestly and I don’t see them shaking anything up

I could of course be wrong and maybe they bring more than I perceive...

Looking forward to this “mysterious” dark side boost that is supposedly incoming...

Might make things interesting :)
  • I have not looked at their kit yet but will be glad if Rose and Holdo turn out to be mediocre. Resistance is strong enough already and with NS, CLS and Troopers all capable of beating other team the Arena is as well balanced as ir has been for some time. I am also looking forward to the darkside boost as the Empire/Sith factions badly need a leg-up.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Smapty wrote: »
    Looking forward to this “mysterious” dark side boost that is supposedly incoming...

i'm hoarding zeta's, that's for sure.
    Save water, drink champagne!

I’m not impressed with either of them honestly and I don’t see them shaking anything up

Holdo should fill a good amount of their holes. Her heal special should be able to save the weakest character from getting killed. She should stay pretty free from plague herself with all the passive heals she will get. She's another aoe to proc exposes on entire team that give team turn meter and daze you so you don't get the turn meter. She will passive heal the least health unit with her basic attack. She improves the team and pairing her with GK should handout a lot of foresight - she should be taunting frequently as a result and be an effective taunter.

Mediocre? Alone Yes but in JRiT team with two droids? Crazy fast team and hard to beat. And Rose will be destroyer in this team.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    Mobewan wrote: »
    I didnt get JTR this time, but i have to say that JTR has a far more powerful kit than CLS. Surprisingly, of all of the 5th spot toons people have tried, CLS is the weakest.

I just got CLS and am absolutely loving him. I cant auto arena battles like JTR or nightsister teams, but that would take the fun out of arena anyway.

Wiith so many CLS teams around and Chaze, i think the reign of nightsisters is over. They are very easy to beat now by most shards, but can still climb on auto against most teams. Troopers can beat nightsisters too, but i dont want to gear up 5 toons to g12 just for them.

using CLS as a plug 'n play character he's a whole lot weaker than with a team build specifically for him, that is very true.
    I also agree that auto-ing battles is overrated, it's fun 1 or 2 times just to be able to, then it becomes boring.
    I wish my leaderboard had many chazes, seems like they all benched them. NS galore though, undergeared ahol... kittens. For diversity it aint bad though.

Hey @leef - why is it that ppl are benching Chaze teams? I worked hard to get my Chaze team going, and have built my arena team around my CLS.

I use CLS (L), Wiggs and Chaze, but now struggling to stay under a rank of 200 these days!

Any advice mate?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Boo wrote: »
    I didnt get JTR this time, but i have to say that JTR has a far more powerful kit than CLS. Surprisingly, of all of the 5th spot toons people have tried, CLS is the weakest.

I just got CLS and am absolutely loving him. I cant auto arena battles like JTR or nightsister teams, but that would take the fun out of arena anyway.

Wiith so many CLS teams around and Chaze, i think the reign of nightsisters is over. They are very easy to beat now by most shards, but can still climb on auto against most teams. Troopers can beat nightsisters too, but i dont want to gear up 5 toons to g12 just for them.

using CLS as a plug 'n play character he's a whole lot weaker than with a team build specifically for him, that is very true.
    I also agree that auto-ing battles is overrated, it's fun 1 or 2 times just to be able to, then it becomes boring.
    I wish my leaderboard had many chazes, seems like they all benched them. NS galore though, undergeared ahol... kittens. For diversity it aint bad though.

Hey @leef - why is it that ppl are benching Chaze teams? I worked hard to get my Chaze team going, and have built my arena team around my CLS.

I use CLS (L), Wiggs and Chaze, but now struggling to stay under a rank of 200 these days!

Any advice mate?
    @Boo
    Man, i'm not really the guy to give advice tbh, i'm just a meta lamer.
    Not having GK makes it alot harder to actually bench chaze. I'd probably leave them in there, but switch out wiggs for raid han and r2. Less brute firepower, but more utility and definately more anoying to battle against.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Boo wrote: »

Any advice mate?
    @Boo
    Man, i'm not really the guy to give advice tbh, i'm just a meta lamer.
    Not having GK makes it alot harder to actually bench chaze. I'd probably leave them in there, but switch out wiggs for raid han and r2. Less brute firepower, but more utility and definately more anoying to battle against.

Cheers @leef - ya, been working on gearing my R2 and Raid Han. They both have their zetas, but the gear issue is the problem right now. Need them G11 at least (of course G12 is preferred, lol)