Ship ability mat mk III system is broken

Prev1
R4D4
79 posts Member
edited January 2018
There has to be a change to the current system, as Ship mats MK3 are locked behind dark side ships to be collected and their characters maxed out. I didn't want dark side ships, and never cared about geonosian toons, so why am I forced to spent loads of resources and time to get 5 dark side toons I never use, to do T3 Executrix challenge, only so that I can unlock the mats for my light side ships ? I can't upgrade Light side without dark side, it just doesn't make any sense. The mk3 should be available in all levels, just at lower rate or whatever, but not locked out completely.
Or allow the Challenge to be completed with other leaders than just executrix at 5 stars. The only other option at the moment I have is to pay for ship shards to get executrix up to 5 stars, so that I can do the challenge.

Replies

• It’s WAI. They don’t want you to be able to completely ignore DS.
  • R4D4 wrote: »
    There has to be a change to the current system, as Ship mats MK3 are locked behind dark side ships to be collected and their characters maxed out. I didn't want dark side ships, and never cared about geonosian toons, so why am I forced to spent loads of resources and time to get 5 dark side toons I never use, to do T3 Executrix challenge, only so that I can unlock the mats for my light side ships ? I can't upgrade Light side without dark side, it just doesn't make any sense. The mk3 should be available in all levels, just at lower rate or whatever, but not locked out completely.
    Or allow the Challenge to be completed with other leaders than just executrix at 5 stars. The only other option at the moment I have is to pay for ship shards to get executrix up to 5 stars, so that I can do the challenge.

"I had to care about 5 light side ships that I DID NOT care about for basic ship currency and now to get chimaera."

See how pointless this argument is?
  • R4D4
    79 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    R4D4 wrote: »

"I had to care about 5 light side ships that I DID NOT care about for basic ship currency and now to get chimaera."

See how pointless this argument is?

Your argument doesn't make sense, because you get money on all tiers. That's what I'm postulating for, to unlock ability mk3 on all tiers.
  • Your argument does not make sense either. "But I don't wanna farm darkside" is your argument. Not a valid argument. Just suck it up and do what needs to be done like the rest of us
  • R4D4
    79 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Your argument does not make sense either. "But I don't wanna farm darkside" is your argument. Not a valid argument. Just suck it up and do what needs to be done like the rest of us

Can you explain how does it not make sense to make mats available in lower quantities on lower tiers, without being completely locked out? This has halted progress on LS ships completely. It's not an event, which can give you certain things only if you have the toons. It's a basic resource, like training droids and ship credits, and shouldn't be locked out. The lower tiers should provide all mats with different quantities, maybe except for T1, to match the toon ability mats.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    The dev team have stated that the development of the game is based on a few things, one being the fact that they don't want anyone to be able to develop one side/team/faction to do it all.

They want you to have to develop across the board.
  • I totally think a collection based game that is based on tradeoffs in time and resource management is better when there are no tradeoffs and everybody is given everything... let's just take this to it's logical conclusion: give us all only 5 toons and 5 ships and let that be the entire game.

I don't know why I'm still surprised at threads where people want an easier path to get good stuff, with no tradeoffs, as if they don't realize it will be easier *for everybody else* and whatever edge was sought will no longer be an edge *because everybody will be doing the exact same thing.*
  • You need rebels to unlock Emperor Palpatine. Phoenix to unlock Thrawn, Empire to unlock R2D2, First Order to unlock BB8. You need Home One to unlock higher building materials challenges, and Executrix to unlock Ship ability mats. You need a strong light side team to farm Krennic and Shoretrooper from hard nodes. You need a strong dark side team to farm Ghost and Phantom II from hard nodes.

This game pretty much always makes you farm the opposite of what you really want to run to truly maximize them. It makes it a grind. This is a resource management game. That's pretty much the best way to do it. If it was too easy, it would take all the challenge out of it. Not doing so would lessen frustration, but also make it less fun. Things I had to work hard to get are more special and rewarding to have than things that were just handed to me.
  • R4D4
    79 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I'm not asking to give everything to everyone, but to logically spread the materials between the 3 tiers. The 3rd tier gives Zeta and Mat Mk3, but the Mat Mk3 should already be in the Tier 2. Same with the Ability mats for toons, the Mk1-3 are available from Tier 2 onwards with increasing amounts. The tier 3 though is locked behind the challenges or paywall, which makes it unreasonable. By moving the Mats Mk3 to T2, it would allow me to still compete in the arena to certain level, while I keep building the DS squadron to achieve the Tier 3.
    The change would be very insignificant to most, but very significant to those who are not the most vivid fans of the ship arena, but want to stay within the first 500 to be able to obtain DS shards at all.
  • R4D4 wrote: »
    I'm not asking to give everything to everyone, but to logically spread the materials between the 3 tiers. The 3rd tier gives Zeta and Mat Mk3, but the Mat Mk3 should already be in the Tier 2. Same with the Ability mats for toons, the Mk1-3 are available from Tier 2 onwards with increasing amounts. The tier 3 though is locked behind the challenges or paywall, which makes it unreasonable. By moving the Mats Mk3 to T2, it would allow me to still compete in the arena to certain level, while I keep building the DS squadron to achieve the Tier 3.
    The change would be very insignificant to most, but very significant to those who are not the most vivid fans of the ship arena, but want to stay within the first 500 to be able to obtain DS shards at all.

They modeled this challenge after the regular ability mats challenge where only the final tier gives out omega ability mats. Just like the other regular challenges don't give out all types of gear at the lower levels.

The only reason that ability mats are the only one geared this way in ship challenges is because they are the only ship mats that have variation along those lines. It is certainly in keeping with how they set challenges up in general: Have to build healers or supports to do one, tanks to do another, attackers to do yet another... etc.
  • R4D4
    79 posts Member
    Woodroward wrote: »

They modeled this challenge after the regular ability mats challenge where only the final tier gives out omega ability mats. Just like the other regular challenges don't give out all types of gear at the lower levels.

The only reason that ability mats are the only one geared this way in ship challenges is because they are the only ship mats that have variation along those lines. It is certainly in keeping with how they set challenges up in general: Have to build healers or supports to do one, tanks to do another, attackers to do yet another... etc.

Fair enough on the design, but there are not enough ships in the game at the moment for this system to be so restrictive.
    Either way, I will grind my way through the DS fleet to finally be able to get the mats. Hopefully I'll get there in couple of years.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    A couple of years? I started playing nine or ten months ago and I did this a long time ago. It's really not that hard.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    I didn't want dark side ships, and never cared about geonosian toons, so why am I forced to spent loads of resources and time to get 5 dark side toons I never use, to do T3 Executrix challenge, only so that I can unlock the mats for my light side ships ?

Maybe you should do it to get mk. III ability materials for your ship? And to get zeta ability materials for your light side crew members? Just a suggestion. But if you really—really don't want to, then you can buy the ship ability materials in the swuad arena shop, and zeta materials in the fleet arena shop. Your call.

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    It's a basic resource, like training droids and ship credits, and shouldn't be locked out.

It's not locked out. It's available in the squad arena shop. In fact it's avaiæable there in higher quantities than trough the challenge.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    It's a basic resource, like training droids and ship credits, and shouldn't be locked out.

It's not locked out. It's available in the squad arena shop. In fact it's avaiæable there in higher quantities than trough the challenge.

That's prestige, not mk iii ability mats. Those are the purple ship mats.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I just came back here to correct my self :—).

You're right.

Nevertheless I can only imagine the post, when this guy finds out, where he gets the zetas for his lightside crew members.
  • Waqui wrote: »

You're right.

Nevertheless I can only imagine the post, when this guy finds out, where he gets the zetas for his lightside crew members.

I don't get them at the moment from anywhere but TB, I only do F2P now, been playing for 3+ years already (with 1 year break), but ships were added only a year ago, and I don't enjoy playing them in the current form, so I never invested time to build all ships at once, only the ones I have the toons for.
    Mk3 mats can't be obtained anywhere else in the game.
  • Game's 2 years and 2 months old I believe...
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »

You're right.

I don't get them at the moment from anywhere but TB, I only do F2P now, been playing for 3+ years already (with 1 year break), but ships were added only a year ago, and I don't enjoy playing them in the current form, so I never invested time to build all ships at once, only the ones I have the toons for.

The game hasn't even been out for 3 years. Being f2p doesn't mean you shouldn't get zetas. Zetas are important for everybody, and plenty of f2p players have plenty of zetas.
  • R4D4
    79 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »

You're right.

The game hasn't even been out for 3 years. Being f2p doesn't mean you shouldn't get zetas. Zetas are important for everybody, and plenty of f2p players have plenty of zetas.

Why are you even mentioning zetas??? Please read my OP first!
  • Dude, if you arent farming dark side ships, youre playing the arena wrong. It is literally the only aspect of this game where dark side is superior in almost every aspect.
  • Blizzisme
    241 posts Member
    edited February 2018

You're right.

They are mentioning zetas because the ship ability challenge DROPS ZETAS. 0-2 per challenge, 3x2 per week, for a possible max of 12 zetas a week or 52/month. That being said, most likely is 5/week for an extra 21 per month.

If you don't have it open to sim, you are gimping yourself. If you've been playing long enough you were 80+ when ships came out, you've lost out on an average of 260 zetas so far... I don't know about you, but I WISH I had an extra 260 Zetas.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member

You're right.

Ummmmm because the post I was responding to was talking about zetas? Please read what you’re responding to first!
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member

You're right.

Ummmmm because the post I was responding to was talking about zetas??? Please read what you’re responding to first!

I added two question marks in order to finish off your post.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Blizzisme wrote: »

You're right.

They are mentioning zetas because the ship ability challenge DROPS ZETAS. 0-2 per challenge, 3x2 per week, for a possible max of 12 zetas a week or 52/month. That being said, most likely is 5/week for an extra 21 per month.

If you don't have it open to sim, you are gimping yourself. If you've been playing long enough you were 80+ when ships came out, you've lost out on an average of 260 zetas so far... I don't know about you, but I WISH I had an extra 260 Zetas.

3X4 for possible 12 but likely only 3
  • That's what I am talking about.
    You have to get dark side or you lose alot.
    And you do the lose much from not doing g light side.
    Ship building material increase from lvl15 to lvl3 light side challenge is laughable. I am not even worries abot losing like 50k per week or so.
    They should remove side requirement for ships.
    Ships are pretty long delivered. This should have been addressed loong time ago.
  • Xenos21 wrote: »
    That's what I am talking about.
    You have to get dark side or you lose alot.
    And you do the lose much from not doing g light side.
    Ship building material increase from lvl15 to lvl3 light side challenge is laughable. I am not even worries abot losing like 50k per week or so.
    They should remove side requirement for ships.
    Ships are pretty long delivered. This should have been addressed loong time ago.

Necro? And secondly, read vvvvv
    Kyno wrote: »
    The dev team have stated that the development of the game is based on a few things, one being the fact that they don't want anyone to be able to develop one side/team/faction to do it all.

They want you to have to develop across the board.

• Tell me how this work for DS who go with executrix? What they have to develop in other areas? Training droids?
  • Ship credits, training mats, chimaera ,Tb , TW . . . . Stop looking at it so narrowmindedly , there are many reasons to diversify.
  • Narrowmindely?
    Well if you progress with your fleet and characters you like. By chosing side you prefer and you suddenly find that now you have to built almost same power ds fleet actually progress this might happen you will think that way.
    And when you understand that if choice of ship was different there would be no issues at all. This makes you angry.