How huge is the difference between 6*/7* Thrawn.

Replies

• snarzenal
    316 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Dunno, just got him.
  • I'd still like to see someone beat the Tier VI of Thrawn with a level 70 team since the recommended level in the event is "70+". Same as for the R2 and CLS events, they don't seem to know what "recommended" means.

Thanks for the input though, good to keep those things in mind for when I do it. Mine are all 7*, but in the high 70s. Hopefully there's a credit heist before this event is over so I can at least 6* unlock, if not 7.
  • Maybe "recommended level x" means "it is statistically impossible below level x".
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »
    I'd still like to see someone beat the Tier VI of Thrawn with a level 70 team since the recommended level in the event is "70+". Same as for the R2 and CLS events, they don't seem to know what "recommended" means.

Thanks for the input though, good to keep those things in mind for when I do it. Mine are all 7*, but in the high 70s. Hopefully there's a credit heist before this event is over so I can at least 6* unlock, if not 7.

I did it at 74 a couple months back so.... You are welcome lol
  • Augustus_101
    5 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I beat 5star with a lvl59 squad 80% said its imposible 1 try and got him. but i had some decent mods and it worked so i.m.o. mods, and gear ability lvl, etc says alot more than just the player lvl some squads with 5/6 higer lvl did not beat him cause they had weak mods.

• I will finish farming at 6AM on 24th at best and the event is likely to last till 5pm on 24th. So I got.. 11hrs XD

Keep in mind that you can refresh the store for 50 crystals. Might be worth 150 or so just to finish up with a little more time. It took me a while to beat Thrawn and I don't remember the strategy I used. I think my kill order was ST, the two pilots, the two healers, then Thrawn.

Good luck!

And good job getting 7* R2 without 7* Thrawn (who made it a cake walk for me)!
  • I am about to cry I really am..

First I just saw a guy on my shard got 7STAR THRAWN with 65 level all phoenix gear 8!!

Let that sink in!! He was my arena rival but I dropped out because I was saving all for thrawn

I am failing like crazy with 75 level Phoenix with all gear 8+ and Ezra almost Gear 10. I think Kanan is also gear 9

I wasted all my saved crystals on mods I roll with these
    Ezra 4 offense 2 CC
    Zeb 4 potency 2 Defense
    Chopper 4 defense 2 health
    Kanan All health
    Hera all health

All maxed.. Some of the mods are 4 stars but they are still maxed. Every ability is maxed to level 7 and if I am extremly lucky I can kill one Death Trooper...

Honestly I am about to cry . The guy that did is not a huge whale he has decent mods all of them are 4/5 stars. Whatever he got from the shop.

I wasted every saved resource on this crap and if I cant get this to level 70 I am done... My whole plan was
    Thrawn then Emperor then R2/D2 then Luke Skywalker... If I fail at thrawn now that means everything is going down the drain....

https://swgoh.gg/u/toshev/collection/
    they are not updated maybe you can check em later.

I will make a topic when it updates. If anybody can help it will be great
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Currently 3*ed tier 6 by putting mods only on Ezra. Do you think I can make it to 7* when I get 7* Zeb & put all mods on everyone? I hope so! ^^
    (btw who would have thought GW character will be the last one to be 7*... Could have started farming Zeb a bit earlier , if I had seen this happening. Zeb guy is at 30/100)

Besides I thought I would hate this event because of its difficulty, but no, I'm enjoying it pretty much! It's very fun figuring out what should be the best way to use my phoenix with limited stats
  • I'm still a bit curious how big the difference is in terms of non-heroic-raid application. I know he can't do heroics or be g12 at 6*, but would it still be serviceable in Arena? I'm level 77 and got 6* but unless I get some godly rng I likely won't be able to get him this time around.
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    DarthDyna wrote: »
    I'm still a bit curious how big the difference is in terms of non-heroic-raid application. I know he can't do heroics or be g12 at 6*, but would it still be serviceable in Arena? I'm level 77 and got 6* but unless I get some godly rng I likely won't be able to get him this time around.

Completely usable. In fact, gauging your opponents by your level , I’d say you were ahead of the game.
  • Ender22 wrote: »
    DarthDyna wrote: »
    I'm still a bit curious how big the difference is in terms of non-heroic-raid application. I know he can't do heroics or be g12 at 6*, but would it still be serviceable in Arena? I'm level 77 and got 6* but unless I get some godly rng I likely won't be able to get him this time around.

Completely usable. In fact, gauging your opponents by your level , I’d say you were ahead of the game.

Awesome, thanks for the reply! It's seriously boggling my mind how people my level and lower are getting him 7* yet I can seem to only get a DT or two down at best and only with a stroke of luck. I'd rather spend my time and resources on progressing in the game rather than beating my head against the wall to *maybe* get him 7* in time when it'll be leagues easier later on. I'd like to use him somewhere, though, so I'm glad to hear I can still do that in the meantime.
  • @DarthDyna , Thrawn at 6* is totally viable. I have been using him since Nov and he's kept me in top 200 arena ranking. If I don't have him, I would've fallen big time as I use zVader. He opens the door for the never ending DOTs as the taunter or tenacity up toon is fractured. Sometimes they target my team as Thrawn is 6* but believe even at this level, defense is good. This is my real world experience so gear him up as best you can. You'll be happy. I also zetaed Ebb and Flow at 6*. You'll want that for the 100% counters and TMR. I continued working on gears while at 6* and was ready for g12 prior to event. Now I have g12 7* Thrawn. That will minimize being picked on...
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    The gap between killing two death troopers and clearing the whole thing may be smaller than you think.

I'm still trying to get rng to work for me but my best run I've come into the final round dispelled a taunt killed a dt before second taunt and cleared the whole thing except for Ezra being on 95% tm and thrawn being on 100% tm both nearly out of health.
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Naraic wrote: »
    The gap between killing two death troopers and clearing the whole thing may be smaller than you think.

I'm still trying to get rng to work for me but my best run I've come into the final round dispelled a taunt killed a dt before second taunt and cleared the whole thing except for Ezra being on 95% tm and thrawn being on 100% tm both nearly out of health.

Exactly. Thrawn alone can't do anything especially when I keep him in check with various debuffs
  • I'm starting to think I won't be able to clear tier VII until I get level 80 and can max out their uniques (minus Chopper's). In most my attempts I lose a character before I even manage to get the first DT down, and if I don't I'll lose two between the first and second DT; I think if I can get even four of them to survive the DTs then I've a chance... There's been one round I got far enough to get one of the STC's down, but it's frustrating and time consuming to keep trying (it's getting really annoying to fight those first three waves). Let's just say: that feel when Ezra doesn't double attack just as you need him to.

I'm level 78, and they're all in G8 (except Kanan everyone's two pieces from G9), 5 dot health mods (the ones with speed secondaries/primaries have mostly been slapped onto Hera and Ezra), and most the abilities are 6/7 (I've maxed the basics on Ezra, Zeb, and Hera). I'll take any advice people've got to offer (haven't got time to make a swgoh.gg account) but I am going to keep trying and investing in my Nix team. Even if morale is in the toilet. Here's hoping everyone can get themselves a 7* Thrawn this time around.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    For mods
    Potency crosses on hera Zeb and kanan

I'm feeling pretty bad about this too. Played it about 100 times.

Once I've gotten to thrawn at 5% health only Ezra remaining but thrawn had 100% turn meter and Ezra 95% and thrawn killed my Ezra.

I've 4 gear ix (and few bits) and a gear viii and level 76. When I hit level 77 I will be able to put on two more gear pieces (that i have from raids) and I suspect I might be able to push my final person to gear ix before the end so I might be able to push through but the sheer fact that I've played around 100 times so far leaves me doubting.
  • Naraic wrote: »
    For mods

Once I've gotten to thrawn at 5% health only Ezra remaining but thrawn had 100% turn meter and Ezra 95% and thrawn killed my Ezra.

I've 4 gear ix (and few bits) and a gear viii and level 76. When I hit level 77 I will be able to put on two more gear pieces (that i have from raids) and I suspect I might be able to push my final person to gear ix before the end so I might be able to push through but the sheer fact that I've played around 100 times so far leaves me doubting.
    I took a look at your swgoh.gg
    i think they are too slow tbh
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    For mods

Probably the key thing alright. Speed mods just aren't dropping I'll get there in the end. I was holding off on a big thing of mod farming until I in was ready for critical chance but since event was announced all my cantina energy has gone to mods.

I've added 4 pieces of gear since I got thrawn down to 5% so I'll end up doing it.

Gear ix on my last might happen before the end too.
    For mods

Probably the key thing alright. Speed mods just aren't dropping I'll get there in the end. I was holding off on a big thing of mod farming until I in was ready for critical chance but since event was announced all my cantina energy has gone to mods.

I've added 4 pieces of gear since I got thrawn down to 5% so I'll end up doing it.

Good to know. More gears will get you there. I'll finish starring Zeb tomorrow too
    For mods

Potency cross should be only on Zeb, for Hera and Kanan I would use protection cross.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Gmytrix wrote: »
    For mods

Potency cross should be only on Zeb, for Hera and Kanan I would use protection cross.

Maybe you are right. That said expose and offense down are valuable too. Decisions decisions decisions.
    Gmytrix wrote: »
    For mods

Maybe you are right. That said expose and offense down are valuable too. Decisions decisions decisions.

yes, but if Kanan is fructared so offense down is not the case and it is good if he can survive this, Hera needs to survive as long as she can and this is more important than expose, Zeb needs to daze stun Thrawn. Also they recover prot based on how much prot they have so they stay alive longer
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »
    I'd still like to see someone beat the Tier VI of Thrawn with a level 70 team since the recommended level in the event is "70+". Same as for the R2 and CLS events, they don't seem to know what "recommended" means.

I just got Thrawn to 6* today and I’m currently at level 70. I took some really good advice from my guildmates to get Zeb’s potency up to 40% or more and increase speed a bit more. Took me maybe 7 tries on 6th tier all told.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/kaimulai/ My profile should update to reflect this in roughly 8 hours.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    For mods

Good to know. More gears will get you there. I'll finish starring Zeb tomorrow too

Got it now. All 5 remaining at the end which really shows how big the rng swing is.
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Insanely difficult event it is! I sturuggled for 6 hrs without success but guess what. I failed. I could not do it. But then my brother came in, he's been running PS in arena for like 4 months now, it's one of those areas where he really excels at. And he 3^ cleared the T7 on his very first try. I was mind blown. I thank him so much I told him I'll buy something for him and wow 7* thrawn done!
  • 3^ -> 3*
  • @Anakin_Skywalker , congrats. So what did he do? I assume the normal, dispel taunter, kill DTs (did he dispel their buff 1st?), etc.? It sounds like he used your team as is and didn't gear/mod anything else.
  • You won't even get 5* with that. Need to be g8 for 5/6* and a few at g9 for 7*
    I know, I can gear them upto g8 in time

Just make sure u omega all unique. I was able to 7* thrawn w/ all g8. Just took until RNG had my back.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Gear>stars
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    @GulSkiVader I didn't see the whole battle but he utilized every possible moves to the max. I modded them with my arena team mods.
    by the time i saw the battle for the first time it was down to full prot thrawn, almost full prot commander (1), half dead stormtrooper. but whole my team were badly damaged. it was still hard to tell if he would make it to the end.
    and the next time i saw it it was down to two and then 5 vs thrawn.

He prefers chopper's taunting to Kanan's taunting. he uses Kanan's basic to apply offense down to thrawn. Also Chopper's buff removal seems to feed turnmeter to all team due to Thrawn's leadership. Also he took his time. I think he didn't wanna screw it as it went far better than expected, so he made every single moves extremely carefully. As a result the whole battle took like 20 minutes not 3~4 min. And even after that. WiFi connection problem or something happened! The victory screen just didn't appear for like another 10 minutes. I did every thing I can not to lose it and after the connection went normal FINALLY I could see the screen and 100 shards The whole process was out of this world!