Abandon

Just curious on why there is still an abandon button for heroic raids anymore, one of our guild members hit it today, and cancelled our Htank, we picked a horrible movie for him to watch as punishment, but I think it needs to be removed.

Replies

• Not entirely on topic, but the same....remove the destroy mod button. I destroyed a crit damage set, crit damage primary triangle with 11 speed. That mistake will haunt me for years.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    The abandon button is there so a guild that can’t complete the raid can get out of it.

The destroy mod button is there so that you can get rid of an equipped mod without paying to unequip it.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Yeah not sure why it is on a raid that has a timer.

HAAT in general, I mean there are only 2 tiers. Why abandon either one, either slug away on the lower one until it's done or wait out the timer on heroic.
  • Kyno wrote: »

HAAT in general, I mean there are only 2 tiers. Why abandon either one, either slug away on the lower one until it's done or wait out the timer on heroic.

This.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

There are actually really good reasons for it on tier 6. When they nerfed the raid it was particularly important for a lot of guilds, but even independent of that it matters because new guild members can’t join an existing raid. If you have no hope of getting through the one you started in the next month, and then you get some new heavy hitters in, abandoning and starting a new one means you might actually win eventually.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Liath wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

There are actually really good reasons for it on tier 6. When they nerfed the raid it was particularly important for a lot of guilds, but even independent of that it matters because new guild members can’t join an existing raid. If you have no hope of getting through the one you started in the next month, and then you get some new heavy hitters in, abandoning and starting a new one means you might actually win eventually.

Good point.
  • I can totally understand it for the lower raids, just not for Heroic, I wouldn't want to be stuck in a raid for weeks, I guess if the lower raids have it, then heroic by default must have it. BTW the movie he must watch is "Caravan of courage, an ewok adventure"
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    The real reason is probably that it's just simpler to just have the same code for that rather than change the screen for the same raid.
  • Not entirely on topic, but the same....remove the destroy mod button. I destroyed a crit damage set, crit damage primary triangle with 11 speed. That mistake will haunt me for years.

Ouch
  • Not to veer too far off topic, but the disband guild button is dangerously placed too.
    WhoVille Sheriff - Ally Code: 244-425-158 - https://swgoh.gg/u/whovillesheriff/
    Discord: WhoVille Sheriff#3439

Guild Collaboration Founder: Just Sithed Myself
    Discord.gg/FvBdmtz
    https://swgoh.gg/g/21201/just-sithed-myself/
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Darthtater wrote: »
    I can totally understand it for the lower raids, just not for Heroic, I wouldn't want to be stuck in a raid for weeks, I guess if the lower raids have it, then heroic by default must have it. BTW the movie he must watch is "Caravan of courage, an ewok adventure"

The cruelty of Darth Tater is not to be underestimated.

Of course you could have just mercy killed him and have him watch The Star Wars Holiday Special.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"