Shards drop rates

NonoSuperBoy
18 posts Member
edited January 2018
Hey guys

So for the quick story, I stopped playing for like a year, and when I was back i just realized i couldnt catch up on the others in the arena, so i just created a new account

Problem is, i find incredibly long to farm character shards from nodes, especially LS and DS ones as it's limited to 5 a day. For instance, i SIMed 5x the hard node giving JC shards, it only gave me 1 and ive gotta wait for day reset to try again. Another example, for Hera/Ezra/Lando, i could SIM the nodes 10x it usually gives me less than 5, very rarely beyond 7, and one lucky time, 10.

It's really frustrating, and so i was wondering if anybody had any tip for that, or even knows what are the drop rates for more accuracy. Thanks a lot

Replies

• 33% I think maybe 20%
  • Drop rate is a bit low yeah.
  • Seems to average around 33% from cantina/hm nodes. However you can get extremely long strings of poor rng.
    I hate these new timesinks called Tb/tw. Annoying features.
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    In the long run (averaged out over 500 runs or more) it is 1:3 with those bad strings of zilch in-between.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • oh well, the progression is just so slow, gonna take so long before i can get decent heroes
  • FYI, drop rates have been reduced dramatically since the last year.. overall ...
  • FYI, drop rates have been reduced dramatically since the last year.. overall ...

Not really. Over the long run, I’ve pretty consistently seen a 1-in-3 drop rate. Since each battle is independently calculated, though, you can (will) see periods where you get no shards, followed by periods where you get a bunch of shards. It’s all about long term resource management (think weeks, months, not days).
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    FYI, drop rates have been reduced dramatically since the last year.. overall ...

that's just bologne.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »
    FYI, drop rates have been reduced dramatically since the last year.. overall ...

that's just bologne.

Are you called Cinderella or ? Just go try your RNG in Normal battle modes for S.cuffs, S.guns, Holos... You will see what I meant... If you still say so , You need a brain surgery... Because early game statistics showed as 1/3- 1/4 droprates... Currently it is reduced to 1/5 to 1/7 ( depends on your sources)

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

that's just bologne.

Are you called Cinderella or ? Just go try your RNG in Normal battle modes for S.cuffs, S.guns, Holos... You will see what I meant... If you still say so , You need a brain surgery... Because early game statistics showed as 1/3- 1/4 droprates... Currently it is reduced to 1/5 to 1/7 ( depends on your sources)

wow, haha.
    Well, we're talking about shard droprates here. So maybe keep that in mind when you start throwing insults around.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    again, we're talking about shards. s h a r d s

again I am taking about "overall"
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Moved to correct sub forum.

This game is a grind. Its a marathon and nothing comes quick. The choice to start over is a hard one, but in the long run it will put you in a better position for area which is the lifeblood of any player.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

i also call bologne on overall as in including gear.

How would you know, man, you never even farm hard nodes
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

How would you know, man, you never even farm hard nodes

lies !
  • Darkkram
    68 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Bologne. You like the italians after last TW, Leef?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Darkkram wrote: »
    Bologne. You like the italians after last TW, Leef?

well, only their food ;)
  • If doing sim, over the long run it is best to sim 2 at a time, so use 2 sim cards, then repeat
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    If doing sim, over the long run it is best to sim 2 at a time, so use 2 sim cards, then repeat

If you sim 1 at a time, the average drop rate for character shards is 30-33%.
    If you sim 2 at a time, the average drop rate for character shards is 30-33%.
    If you sim 10 at a time, the average drop rate for character shards is 30-33%.
    If you sim 100 at a time, the average drop rate for character shards is 30-33%.

I think you see my point. The drop rate for character shards does not change, regardless as to the number of sims you do at once. People that have spent months tracking data have borne that out. Please don't disregard their hard work based on anecdotal "evidence".

In fact, the shard drop rate for characters is constant across all nodes.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • If doing sim, over the long run it is best to sim 2 at a time, so use 2 sim cards, then repeat

You couldn't find a more recent thread on this topic to share your unproven theories?