ZBarris is a chore to fight against

ZBarris is a toon I run across increasingly frequently and is a chore, every single time. Her zeta STILL feels incredibly unbalanced and it does not feel as though there are enough counters to her. On top of that, she’s a cheap ‘run out the clock’ option for a defensive team.

Replies

• Let’s see.... ns, jtr, cls/chaze.... another zarris team with dn...
    I hate these new timesinks called Tb/tw. Annoying features.
  • And how many of those are really all that accessible? I just fought her with CLS/Chaze team and she was still nigh unkillable. JTR has only run once and was inaccessible to a large chunk of the community. I have her, but that is beside the point. And needing Zarris to beat Zarris is part of the problem, not to mention that DN is a single node character. I’m not really seeing a whole lot of ‘viable’ options.
  • They are all viable if you are okay with making a 3 month plan rather then expecting things to happen instantly. Yes dn is a royal pain to farm and so is baze. Being ready for jtr took a lot of effort.

Trick is to get crit immunity on her while buff block is up on gk. Typically goes smoothly then if you want to use cls/chaze. If not then it’s ns which I’m not pay to win enough to have them. Or jtr with loads of zetas (bb8 and r2) which is also expensive. Also zarris without gk is pretty much a laugh. So getting zarris setup is a pretty daunting setup for some as well. I don’t see that the solution to her should be any easier. And admittedly the problem with gk/zarris is more gk then zarris. But it’s still behind a wall of haat raids. To me it’s easier to get someone from a single node.... but again I might be doing things wrong or something.
    I hate these new timesinks called Tb/tw. Annoying features.
  • Gk and Barris is cringe, pure cringe. I don't want to say bad game design, buy definitely something was over looked when Barris got a Zeta. She wasn't even that good in the show.
  • EclecticsScott
    369 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Not sure the player level you’re asking for, so the answer could widely vary, but JRey squads run through zarriss. I honestly don’t notice the zeta anymore.
    Ooba hutar.
  • I wouldn't really call CLS/Chaze a counter, they can win against that team, but it takes a lot of things lining up and still feels like a chore even when everything goes right... But to OP, if you were lucky enough to get Rey as you say, then she's your answer. Zarris/Gen.Ken. was easily my least favorite thing in this game by a wide margin. Now that I have Rey I don't even notice Zarris anymore.

As to your balance point though, I am inclined to agree. There isn't enough counter-play because she just does too much automatically. Automatic heal, automatic cleanse (even if stunned), TM gain without any kind of strategy or work. Pair it all together and (until Rey) you can't even rely on heal immunity to push through because it gets auto-cleansed. That's why she's so annoying, Rey aside nothing truly has counter-play to her because everything she does just goes off no matter what.
  • GGYY
    47 posts Member
    Zariss has been around a long time, time enough for you to make necessary adjustment. I use a full Empire with low crit chance or a DN team to fight her, but I guess according to your definition these aren't accessible too.
  • I geared up wedge and biggs early on.
    By the time we saw GK/zariss in the shard, i also had Raid han.

If you use a combination of 3 minimum from wiggs, raid han, cls or leia, gk/bariss is a breeze.

Rebels do so much damage that i would kill gk first, then dn and so on until bariss was left. Now that i have CLS, i can put buff immunity on gk first if i wanted.
  • fascizio
    572 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    GGYY wrote: »
    Zariss has been around a long time, time enough for you to make necessary adjustment. I use a full Empire with low crit chance or a DN team to fight her, but I guess according to your definition these aren't accessible too.

So either you mod your Empire team to specifically fight her at the expense of everything else... Or you simply mod them wrong. Sorry, I wouldn't call that a counter.