Hermit Yoda is too expensive and that's scary!

Prev1
Hermit yoda shard prices are a total joke. They are waaaay too expensive, wasting an entire TB for less than 20 shards.

The scariest part is that he is 99.9% gonna be required if a Hero's journey comes for Jedi Luke. Of course Jedi luke could come in a year or in 6 months but regardless of that he probably will be a 7 star off the boat and even if he isn't, anything short of 7 stars is non usable in raids.

To make matters worse, wampa is another great candidate for a potential Jedi Luke HJ. This means we might need them both. But even if we don't need them both, we will still have a problem even getting Hyoda to 7 star.

This means that we need to devote every single event coin on yoda and it could still not be enough!!!

I think the prices need a tweak and we should certaily be given enough time, within reasonable limits to get all the toons for a Jedi Luke.

Replies

• Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Plenty of people have hYoda 7* already
  • Putnam
    194 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    That’s a lot of words
  • Ender22 wrote: »

Do the math, it's not possible for like 99% of players
  • Even in smaller guilds you would still have him unlocked by now if u didn’t waste your Guild coins on other stuff
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    cadwane wrote: »
    Ender22 wrote: »

Do the math, it's not possible for like 99% of players

Well, no, it’s not. I happen to be part of the top players. More incentive to be doing better?

Most top tier rewards are for two types of players: Spenders and Long time players.

I’ve been playing 1.5 years, and I’m a bit of both.
  • Putnam wrote: »
    Even in smaller guilds you would still have him unlocked by now if u didn’t waste your Guild coins on other stuff

Lmao "waste" you're funny
  • DRV
    173 posts Member
    You want Jedi Luke? Save your tokens. I wanted JTR, so I saved my crystals. Only spent them on Vet shards. By the time Jedi Luke comes around, you would have easily gotten enough tokens to 7* hermit Yoda.

You want to spend tokens on g12 stuff? That's fine, but then you're willingly gambling that hermit Yoda won't be needed. You can't have both.
  • I have him, love him
  • Definitely gonna need Yoda for Jedi Luke. Also likely to need Wampa as well.

Who are the other three that will be needed? Any guesses? Commander Luke? Vader and Palpatine(those seem too easy though)?
  • Definitely gonna need Yoda for Jedi Luke. Also likely to need Wampa as well.

Who are the other three that will be needed? Any guesses? Commander Luke? Vader and Palpatine(those seem too easy though)?

Needing Wampa would make no sense. Yoda and CLS, sure. But requiring Wampa would feel very forced, given that in most events you either need the heroe's faction or their rivals - not both.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • I.... have a bad feeling about this....
  • JPBrunel
    821 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Putnam wrote: »
    Even in smaller guilds you would still have him unlocked by now if u didn’t waste your Guild coins on other stuff

Yep, waste... For now anyway... You already know he's gonna be needed for Jedi Luke, yet you waste that precious currency on gear, then you even have the gall to cry about it on the forums? Come on man... I know G11 and G12 gear is nice, but have little discipline and foresight. I just got Hermit to 7 stars, I'm on to Wampa now... I'll farm all the gear I need AFTER I get him... I hope you enjoy your gear while I enjoy Jedi Luke!
    @cadwane
  • My thought was going with:

CLS with a combination of HYoda, Captain Han, Rebel Officer Leia, R2 and C3PO (requires a full murder bear team with 7* unlock).

It’s reasonable considering I think we’re still 5 months off from that event (basically, when JRey would be coming back, similar to CLS becoming more available and JRey overtaking that prime slot)
  • I'm not convinced that Hermit Yoda would be required for a Jedi Luke event, as there's really no way to induce panic farming for that character. He can only be purchased with GET, and there's no direct way to pay for those.
  • cadwane wrote: »
    Putnam wrote: »

It is absolutely a waste to use your guild coins on shards and gear if you want hermit yoda or wampa before everyone else.
  • If they do add Jedi Luke, then you have months of time. Start farming hermit yoda now
    If they do add Jedi Luke, then you have months of time. Start farming hermit yoda now

Well first I got some good g12 gears to farm for my arena team
  • Of course we will need wampa.

How else will it be made PTW players only?

Before spawning an argument - I'm sure the PTW'ers here have bought packs etc so the gold currency is less worthwhile to them and it can be spared for shards and nothing else.

The other side is that genuine PTW'ers have the godlike mods they could probably throw CUP and lobot into their arena teams and the sheer speed will still make it hard to beat.

Not a whinge by any means, I'll buy the gold gear for my arena team before I buy shards and that means I probably won't have hoda or wampa when it eventually comes time to needing them.
  • Shaunyvee wrote: »
    Of course we will need wampa.

Before spawning an argument - I'm sure the PTW'ers here have bought packs etc so the gold currency is less worthwhile to them and it can be spared for shards and nothing else.

The other side is that genuine PTW'ers have the godlike mods they could probably throw CUP and lobot into their arena teams and the sheer speed will still make it hard to beat.

Not a whinge by any means, I'll buy the gold gear for my arena team before I buy shards and that means I probably won't have hoda or wampa when it eventually comes time to needing them.

Well you're the first reasonable person to have commented so far. Everyone here is either rich and enjoy the p2w model or they simply don't care about being competitive in arena and thus only care abput collecting.

People saying it's wasteful to spend tokens on gear and i should exclusive farm yoda for over 4000 tokens for just 15 shards, are simply insane
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Shaunyvee wrote: »

Well you're the first reasonable person to have commented so far. Everyone here is either rich and enjoy the p2w model or they simply don't care about being competitive in arena and thus only care abput collecting.

And then there is also all the competitive free to play players. Yes, those who also got JTR, CLS (the first time around) etc.

• JTR had a PTW model built around her, that's a fact.

I got CLS without worrying (yes the first time around).

But no JTR... In fact I've just finished the vets this morning, refresh or two each day.

Each to their own, but hoarding crystals means you aren't doing other things for the entire month you hoarded for.

Doesn't sound like fun, which FTP is all about
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Shaunyvee wrote: »

Except for the fact there have only been 2 or 3 packs ever offering select post-g12 gear and it’s otherwise unpurchasable outside of the guild events store.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    i'm still not convinced we're gonna need hermit for luke. I'm going all in on wampa (40 shards short currently). Bought some salvages to get to g12 quickly after the release and some krennic shards, other than that everything went to wampa. Gonna start hermit once i'm done. It's slow, but they're both pretty solid toons.
    Save water, drink champagne!

"Waste your guild coins on other stuff" lol like gear 12 pieces, many of which make a pretty big difference on how good your characters are
  • leef wrote: »
    i'm still not convinced we're gonna need hermit for luke. I'm going all in on wampa (40 shards short currently). Bought some salvages to get to g12 quickly after the release and some krennic shards, other than that everything went to wampa. Gonna start hermit once i'm done. It's slow, but they're both pretty solid toons.

I don't understand how we wouldn't need him. Yoda was literally the most important character in Luke's heroes journey
  • DRV
    173 posts Member
    CLS was fully FTP if you were a long term player. JTR was FTP if you finished near the top of both arenas and spent your crystals on Vet shards when the rumors came out. That means you gave up all other farms. But still FTP for a number of people.

I don't think it's reasonable for a 100% FTP to ask for a legendary character, 1st time around, without having to give up on another aspect of the game. Either hoard your free stuff and sacrifice, or don't expect to get the best stuff first time around. Otherwise there would be no benefit for whales.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

I don't understand how we wouldn't need him. Yoda was literally the most important character in Luke's heroes journey

i'm not really a fan, but as far as i know he didn't battle along side of hermit.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Need him or not for JL, I think he will be a great addition to the future jedi meta after they get a rework (fingers crossed)

I dont think he is really any more expensive than GG has been for the past 1.5 years. before he was added to the fleet store he cost about 7 or so toons worth of shards.
  • DRV wrote: »
    You want Jedi Luke? Save your tokens. I wanted JTR, so I saved my crystals. Only spent them on Vet shards. By the time Jedi Luke comes around, you would have easily gotten enough tokens to 7* hermit Yoda.

You want to spend tokens on g12 stuff? That's fine, but then you're willingly gambling that hermit Yoda won't be needed. You can't have both.

But I WANT to have my whole collection at g12 AND 7* Wampa AND 7* hyoda!
    It’s been over 2 weeks and I don’t have it all yet, so obviously this is a CG ploy to make money from all players everywhere.
  • Hermit Yoda and or wampa aren't crazy hard farms. You can get either of them quicker than GK or raid Jan for most people.

I got my arena team to gear 12, then hermit Yoda unlock and now wampa is 55/145. It's really not that bad