Ewoks event. Big whoop.

Oh Whoopie. Another ewok event probably half the community aren't completing.

Replies

• Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I would love to do that event. But right now the gear needed for one or two char is out of control (Seriously 250 Carbantis to raise Five's one level loloz). Let alone trying to gear a whole team of ewoks for a few wicket shards...noooo sir.

Still I remember running the demo event with aTST and it was a fun event. Oh well someday :):)
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    I would love to do that event. But right now the gear needed for one or two char is out of control (Seriously 250 Carbantis to raise Five's one level loloz). Let alone trying to gear a whole team of ewoks for a few wicket shards...noooo sir.

Still I remember running the demo event with aTST and it was a fun event. Oh well someday :):)

Do you remember the minimum requirements?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Capgasp made this statement on Reddit:
    The number of people doing the Wicket event is... not what I expected to be honest though. I'm currently looking at ways to make Ewoks more valuable/useful in events so hopefully it doesn't feel like a waste to build a team that can defeat the AT-ST. (Similar to how we increased the overall usefulness of Phoenix so people feel justified investing in them now.) No ETA but, its on my radar.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/7pgml1/challenges_heists_and_omega_battles_need_another/

Just a heads up, but you might have a reason to build the team to do the event eventually.
  • The problem isn't that Ewoks aren't good, or that they can't be used. The problem is that the farm for Mother Talzin, and Wicket is 2 and a half years from the time you start completing their events. That's insane. It's such a soul crushingly long farm people don't even bother trying. The devs are delusional if they thought that was a reasonable time frame. I love a lot of what they have done lately, but this is an insult.
  • Yep. I'm one of those people that find no need in building up ewoks lol with the gear grind and toon grind I'm good haha
  • I feel like if they ran these events twice each month (cutting the farm for Talzin/Wicket from 2 years to 1 year), people might actually refresh the event with crystals. I have the crystal income to do so, but the prospect of getting zetas from tier 2 in 1 year instead of 2 years isn't much more appealing, so I'd rather buy gear with my crystals than refresh the event. If they cut the farm in half, and I could start getting zetas in 6 months with crystal refreshes, I'd be all over it. As of now, the only realistic way to get the zetas is to buy enough chromium packs to get a 7* MT or Wicket, and I'm not about that Whale/RNG life.

Devs could also make the refreshes cost 350 or so crystals (more reasonable) and allow us to do it as many times as we want - that would bring in a lot of income in vaults and garner the desired participation.
  • I can beat the ewok event with g7-g8 ewoks and good mods on them.
    The only point to farm him is to unlock the zeta challenge, which will require you to gear up ewoks (and i assume wicket) to high gear levels to beat and it still takes ages to unlock.

Whoever came up with that idea needs a raise.
    /sarcasm
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    I'm hoping to find a minimum requirement to start getting Wicket shards. 2 reasons for that. 1, he pops up in Platoons. 2, I have a sneaking suspicion that SOMEHOW, he will be needed for RoTJ Luke.
  • evanbio wrote: »
    I'm hoping to find a minimum requirement to start getting Wicket shards. 2 reasons for that. 1, he pops up in Platoons. 2, I have a sneaking suspicion that SOMEHOW, he will be needed for RoTJ Luke.

Pretty sure Hermit Yoda is the ambush requirement for Luke's next hero's journey. Wicket may be needed if we ever get a C3PO event.
  • evanbio wrote: »

I get it done with this: https://swgoh.gg/u/indominable j/squads/8426/
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    The problem isn't that Ewoks aren't good, or that they can't be used. The problem is that the farm for Mother Talzin, and Wicket is 2 and a half years from the time you start completing their events. That's insane. It's such a soul crushingly long farm people don't even bother trying. The devs are delusional if they thought that was a reasonable time frame. I love a lot of what they have done lately, but this is an insult.

Yeah -- putting off the event for a month or two, before bothering to gear ewoks for the event, doesn't put you particularly far behind in the farm, so I can see why people aren't bothering.
  • I really don't like getting the 4* white mods all the time. They should increase the minimum mod reward on this event.
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Awesome man, thanks! I'm practically there on the gear, or better. I'd need to level the bears up some, but that can mostly be done as needed. Only issue is I don't have Wicket that far, so I'd be using Scout. This gives me a lot of hope though.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Honestly at least I can buy gear if I really felt like gearing ewoks..... But buying credits with crystals is lolabad. Maybe worst purchase available. Due to the mass amounts of toons needed these days I still think Credits is the big crunch...

I know there are guys posting pics of like 100 million credits but seriously... what's that like 6-7 toons an then lv 15 mods for all.

Not complaining. Just think Ewoks wayyyyyy at bottom of list of things YOU NEED to have.. And if wicket is needed for a ROTJ luke oh well... CLS can already solo just about everything in the game anyway.

By the time I can actually start farming Wicket for ROJ luke and then the 2 year farm.... odds are servers might be gone :) (would suck) this game is still awesome
  • Liath wrote: »
    The number of people doing the Wicket event is... not what I expected to be honest though. I'm currently looking at ways to make Ewoks more valuable/useful in events so hopefully it doesn't feel like a waste to build a team that can defeat the AT-ST. (Similar to how we increased the overall usefulness of Phoenix so people feel justified investing in them now.) No ETA but, its on my radar.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/7pgml1/challenges_heists_and_omega_battles_need_another/

Just a heads up, but you might have a reason to build the team to do the event eventually.

Thank you. Cap is everywhere.
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    The problem isn't that Ewoks aren't good, or that they can't be used. The problem is that the farm for Mother Talzin, and Wicket is 2 and a half years from the time you start completing their events. That's insane. It's such a soul crushingly long farm people don't even bother trying. The devs are delusional if they thought that was a reasonable time frame. I love a lot of what they have done lately, but this is an insult.

^^ agreed. Also the timing of it. Ewoks I’m sure are great in Ls Tb and other areas but we got the ds Tb thrown at us with more requirements. Gear is better but nowhere near the level of me throwing needed gear on ewoks that will take me 1-2 years to beat. Mods as well. Forbrhe first event I moved my arena mods for the event and barely beat it. All the other times I tried and few times then auto’d and then forgot about it.

I’m not one to just overlook content either. Maybe now with Paploo and logray at 7* it will make a difference.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Thank you for your event feedback
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Liath wrote: »

Ugh... That's not the point. By making ewoks more useful they will come up with a legendary event that is the requirement...

My point is that there are too many toons waiting in line for their meagre share of cuffs, guns and carbantis avaulable before the ewoks get their turn.

Hope the devs read this the correct way instead of the money churning one. But then again, it's EA. Haha
  • Since i had a geared up teebo and Ewok Elder from the Rancor team (retired), and chirpa just leveled so he could lead the chirpatine P3 team, i spent a bit to gear up scout and Paploo JUST so i can complete the event, so i am getting wicket shards, slowly..

have yet to get the NS's to 5* so i can start getting talzin's tho.