Having trouble with those JTR teams ? Try Ackbar!

So i just recently changed my arena team. Was falling to many spots to my liking so a change was in order.

My brother MGP told me about his team and how it works so i decided to try it out and it seems to work pretty good against all on offense. Especially those JTR that are here to stay.

Against Barriss teams you just fracture GK and kill Barriss fast.

Nightsisters you got Raid Han solo for the first stun which i do on MT, and the fracture from Thrawn to deal with zombie and buff immunity on acolyte so she does not stealth.

I think it is pretty all rounded

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIjHivf9XJc&feature=youtu.be

Replies

• Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    It is great on offense. Though the question is: Do you do hold well on defense too.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Maybe I am just having a dumb day, but what does Ackbar specifically bring in? Is he in because of the speed lead? Because the stuff you listed can be achieved with anyone else as the fifth.
  • Under ackbar leader everytime someone uses an habiliti who does no damage a rebel is called to assist... Han, trawn, cls, ackbar and Gk they all have no damage habilitis who they use constantly (AA even 2)... So u will see a lot of heavy assists from ackbar leader (mostly from han/cls) who dont trigget counterattacks
  • This has been mentioned before? With nihlus instead of han, think it then calls cls to assist all of the time, which then chucks him tm...could be wrong but sure I’ve read it in here :/?
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    I've played around with this team (using R2 instead of GK, because GK isn't geared yet) and it's fun, but one or two Ackbar assists (instead of Han or CLS) can completely change a fight. It's pretty RNG dependent IMO.
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    I ran AA lead back when everything was CLS lead. He works pretty well, because not only does he boost your Rebels speed (making my R2 frequently go first), he also provides assist attacks that do NOT get countered. I ran AA, CLS, R2, GK, and Leia (replaced with RHan later).
    CLS - Call to Action got an assist (and 100%TM)
    R2 - Smoke Screen calls assist
    RHan - Never Tell Me The Odds calls assist
    GK - Negotiator calls assist
    Leia - Rebel Tactics calls assist (and 100%TM after R2)
    AA - It's a Trap AND Tactical Genius call assists
    So, that's a lot of attacks against another team that don't get countered. And with R2 and CLS providing stuns also, it was great. But eventually, AA just becomes a wasted slot. His lead is great, but the rest of his kit wasn't providing much benefit.
    Fun fact. Ezra's assist attack will trigger AA lead. I think it's because Ezra calls the assist in FIRST, which makes it seem like a non-attack move. That can be pretty deadly if you get good RNG.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    I have never lost to a Jedi Rey team on offense using the typical Luke lead with Han, Thrawn, Kenobi, and R2.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Sarcodino wrote: »
    Under ackbar leader everytime someone uses an habiliti who does no damage a rebel is called to assist... Han, trawn, cls, ackbar and Gk they all have no damage habilitis who they use constantly (AA even 2)... So u will see a lot of heavy assists from ackbar leader (mostly from han/cls) who dont trigget counterattacks

Is it a big enough improvement in damage output from CLS's counter lead to justify dedicating a character slot to it?
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    You can substitute Thrawn with Hermit Yoda for even more assists and a bit of Jedi synergy, it's a cool synergy
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    Try Hoda instead of Thrawn :wink: