What event for revan?

Prev1
Out of the current 3 we have (marquee, legendary, heros) I think legendary would fit given the demand. Assuming they're not going to use that format and let's ignore raid type acquiring. How would you like to see Revan unlocked? Come up with a new style event. I'm terrible at that kind of thing but I'm sure many or you can come up with some original ideas.

Replies

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Hero's journey with KOTOR characters would be imo the most fitting, although it would require a lot of groundwork to be even possible. So far the only character who would fit in is HK-47.
  • Xezee
    274 posts Member
    Raid reward would make sense, this isn't just some character but arguably Luke Skywalker calibre.
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Sith Trooper and Sith Assassin would technically fit in.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    man, people have been talking about this revan character for 2 years now. who the heck is this guy anyway?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Ender22 wrote: »

Did we need any generic characters either hero's journey? I believe it required only named characters.
  • leef wrote: »
    man, people have been talking about this revan character for 2 years now. who the heck is this guy anyway?

No idea! Everyone seems to bum him - I really couldn't care less about him.

SWGoH - TurgonGW
    Guild - Starchoppers - Feel free to help us in the Raids!
  • Dont think there's enough characters for legendary :/ which is what a character like him would deserve. They would need to release a few of his pals first, prob through marquee events.
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

MANY people have played a game called SW Knights of the Old Republic. He is a big character in there and very interesting for a SW character. He is both light and darkness. A hero and a super villain. There are books about him too. I haven’t played the games but in the books he is probably more awesome (IMO) than Thrawn.
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »
    Ender22 wrote: »

Did we need any generic characters either hero's journey? I believe it required only named characters.

Well, they happened to have named characters already associated. I don’t think it was a particular aversion to generic named on purpose
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

Now that Thrawn (Rebels) and Darth Bane (TCW) have been canonized, Revan is probably the most popular EU character. As others have pointed out above, he was the protagonist in the KOTOR games (there's a port on iphone for $10, solid buy if you're interested). KOTOR was a hit for Bioware, and allowed the player to take light side or dark side actions based on their preference.

Also of note, Revan was originally scheduled to be canonized in the same episode of TCW as Darth Bane was, until Lucas cut him out. They even had dialog and animations for him.
  • Nauros wrote: »
    Hero's journey with KOTOR characters would be imo the most fitting, although it would require a lot of groundwork to be even possible. So far the only character who would fit in is HK-47.

I like this and agree would need some serious ground work. If they took this route, characters I would like to see added for this would be Bastilla Shan, Darth Malak, Master Kreia, and maybe Canderous?
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    DaGhost141 wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »

I like this and agree would need some serious ground work. If they took this route, characters I would like to see added for this would be Bastilla Shan, Darth Malak, Master Kreia, and maybe Canderous?

But I was done spending money :(
  • At best he will probably just get a Marquee. He isnt in canon, and isnt a main trilogy star. Nor is he as well known as any of the legendary heroes right now. Hes not on par with any of the character when it comes to A heroes journey as they are the biggest character in each of their trilogies, whereas Revan is just a game character (popular, but still from an audience standpoint still less well known). If he did get one then expect it in at least a year as Anakin has yet to have his own heroes journey.

As far as legendary characters go, hes not as well known as any of the others that we have, but possible in the future I guess.

Also something to abre in mind, his event has nothing to do with how strong the character is in star wars. Palpatine was recorded as the strongest sith in al time yet he worst than a blind monk.
  • Who starts these things?? Really, we've only just had the second go at CLS, almost 2 years after games launch, and people are throwing out crazy ideas..
    Ewoks for a legendary c3p0 event needed.
    Wicket, hermit Yoda, c3p0, even saw somewhere wampa being needed.
  • At best he will probably just get a Marquee. He isnt in canon, and isnt a main trilogy star. Nor is he as well known as any of the legendary heroes right now. Hes not on par with any of the character when it comes to A heroes journey as they are the biggest character in each of their trilogies, whereas Revan is just a game character (popular, but still from an audience standpoint still less well known). If he did get one then expect it in at least a year as Anakin has yet to have his own heroes journey.

As far as legendary characters go, hes not as well known as any of the others that we have, but possible in the future I guess.

Also something to abre in mind, his event has nothing to do with how strong the character is in star wars. Palpatine was recorded as the strongest sith in al time yet he worst than a blind monk.

He's too in demand for a marquee event. Thrawn isnt a major movie star or even mentioned much until his release. Palpatine is very useful in many areas up until about higher end arena play.
  • Who starts these things?? Really, we've only just had the second go at CLS, almost 2 years after games launch, and people are throwing out crazy ideas..
    Ewoks for a legendary c3p0 event needed.
    Wicket, hermit Yoda, c3p0, even saw somewhere wampa being needed.

Im not quite sure what the 2nd go round for luke has to do with what people would like to see to unlock revan? It was also a thread specifically asking for new ideas for unlocking the toon.
  • leef wrote: »

Take a look he's pretty legit. I mean other than Jedi luke who have people been asking for for two years ;). Should tell you something about him.

He's too in demand for a marquee event. Thrawn isnt a major movie star or even mentioned much until his release. Palpatine is very useful in many areas up until about higher end arena play.

True, Thrawn isnt a major movie character. He was just the most famous villain in star wars legends for 2 decades, being in by far the most popular set of novels in star wars history. Hes in a tv show as a major villain for 2 series and has 2 books for him. So yes I think he is more qualified than Revan

Hes still from the most popular book series in star wars history. Is a canon villain in 2 seasons of star wars rebels and has 2 canon books. So yes I think he is vastly more relevant than the main character from a game series.
    He hasnt got the setup needed for any other event right now. And if you wish for a more prestigous event (legendary at best), then he wont appear for some time.

Hes still from the most popular book series in star wars history. Is a canon villain in 2 seasons of star wars rebels and has 2 canon books. So yes I think he is vastly more relevant than the main character from a game series.
    He hasnt got the setup needed for any other event right now. And if you wish for a more prestigous event (legendary at best), then he wont appear for some time.

I dont know why people always try underselling KoTOR simply because it's a video game. He's also in books and has a great back story as well. I'd feel pretty safe in arguing more people knew about Revan than knew about thrawn.
  • Im not trying to undersell revan because its a video game. Im just making a point that of the 2, Thrawn was in the most popular book novels in the expanded universe. If you asked which to read first, 9/10 times they will say the thrawn trilogy. I know this because I looked up on as many sites as I could (before the disney takeover), and it wasnt revan books people reccomended (and yes he has his own books too)

Also, thrawns introduction into the canon means hes quite relevant whereas the only reason people want revan is popularity from a long time ago. If they made a movie with him in or a book series, comic series or just anything in the next year, id be much more on board.

Look I long for more darth bane, who outside of a couple of cameo mentions isnt in canon (his books arent, Im fully aware hes in clone wars).
  • Dont think there's enough characters for legendary :/ which is what a character like him would deserve. They would need to release a few of his pals first, prob through marquee events.

Sith assassin
    Sith trooper
    HK47
    New Release marquee: Bastila
    New Release marquee: Malak

Since they won't make much money off Revan being legendary they would need to monetize new marquee characters required for the event
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Would make he most sense just being a marquee character. They have to know everyone will spend a ton starring him up. Heroes journey or legendary character wouldn’t make any sense to me imo.
  • It would be awesome to have him as a Villain's Journey or Legendary Character, but I would think he will show up as Marquee so they can make money.

As I've stated a few times, I'm pretty much done spending money on this game...unless I have to spend for Revan or Jango.

And I think lots of people would spend for Revan. If they make him as powerful as he warrants, they will rake in the cash, mine included.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Nauros wrote: »

In order to have a hero's journey style event, there would have to be a preexisting version of the character in the game. Farm boy luke to CLS. Scavenger rey to RJT
  • He's probably one of the few characters I'd mini whale out on.

And then be disappointed at how crap he is and ruin all my love for him!
  • Cstone812 wrote: »
    Would make he most sense just being a marquee character. They have to know everyone will spend a ton starring him up. Heroes journey or legendary character wouldn’t make any sense to me imo.

That would make him more than twice as cheap as a legendary event with 2 new charachters to farm and gear.

Marquee- you spend crystals (money) to get him early , or wait 4 months to start free farming him AND you get a 2 star version for free

Legendary with 2 new marquees- you have to spend crystals (money) to farm the 2 new characters plus gear ( twice as many as above method) with 2 weeks notice or wait 4 months till next event but you still have to farm and gear those two new characters ( plus the other 3 characters and gear for most people that don't have them)

Legendary creates much more revenue, excitement, and long term profits ( new players have to rush to farm them when they start before the legendary rotation vs farming the marquee character on its node)
  • I'd like to see a double hero's journey for him. Jedi revan to Darth revan, Darth revan to revan redeemed
  • Cstone812 wrote: »
    Would make he most sense just being a marquee character. They have to know everyone will spend a ton starring him up. Heroes journey or legendary character wouldn’t make any sense to me imo.

That would make him more than twice as cheap as a legendary event with 2 new charachters to farm and gear.

Marquee- you spend crystals (money) to get him early , or wait 4 months to start free farming him AND you get a 2 star version for free

Legendary with 2 new marquees- you have to spend crystals (money) to farm the 2 new characters plus gear ( twice as many as above method) with 2 weeks notice or wait 4 months till next event but you still have to farm and gear those two new characters ( plus the other 3 characters and gear for most people that don't have them)

Legendary creates much more revenue, excitement, and long term profits ( new players have to rush to farm them when they start before the legendary rotation vs farming the marquee character on its node)

I just dont see them making a legends character a legendary event.
  • Legend
    Legendary

Doesn't seem too out there to me ;)

Also the legendary Revan has been requested since just after these here forums were created. He is more legendary than say BB8 for sure, by any definition of legendary.