Iden Versio kit idea! Make an inferno squad faction

Matthew_01
55 posts Member
edited June 2018
If anyone has played Star Wars Battlefront 2, they'll know Iden Versio's distinct character. I think she would make a great addition as an Imperial Trooper.

This is an old thread that I have updated, so that Versio could work as part of a new Imperial 'Inferno Squad' tag, with Gideon Hask, Del Meeko, ID10, and Seyn Marana.

Name: Iden Versio (Imperial Special Forces)

Tags: Dark side, Attacker, Empire, Imperial Trooper, Inferno Squad

Description: A potent Inferno Squad attacker whose clever tactics can turn the tables on heavily debuffing enemies and controls the battle.

Basic: Deadly shot
  • Deal damage to enemy and remove 65% turn meter. This attack cannot be evaded or resisted.

Special 1: Pulse cannon
  • Stun target enemy (this effect cannot be resisted) and deal bonus damage equal to 20% the target's max health. This attack ignores protection.
  • Reduced to 40,000 damage for raid bosses.

Special 2: Inferno Squad tactics
  • Dispel all debuffs on Iden and imperial trooper allies
  • and inflict these debuffs on target enemy and one random enemy. This attack has +10% potency for each effect dispelled. (Zeta)
  • Inferno squad allies gain 10% turn meter for each debuff dispelled from them individually. (Zeta)

Leader: We weren't expecting special forces
  • Inferno squad allies gain 50% turn meter at the start of each encounter, and have an 80% chance to expose each enemy.
  • Whenever an imperial trooper ally attacks an enemy with less than 35% turn meter, they gain 20% turn meter and remove all turn meter from that enemy, which cannot be resisted.
  • Raid bosses: turn meter removal reduced to 10% and can be resisted. Attacker recovers 15% health and protection.

Unique: Hope cannot save them
  • Inferno Squad allies gains +15% tenacity and +10% speed per debuff on them.
  • Whenever an enemy resists a debuff or evades an attack imperial trooper allies gains 5% turn meter and 10% critical chance (stacking) until their next attack.

I hope that, with the rise of powerful meta teams, Iden Versio will restore the might of the Empire with an intriguing new character, designed to work with Inferno Squad as an opposite to Phoenix Squad.

Here are links to the other members' kits:
Hask
ID10 (her droid)
Del Meeko
Seyn Marana
Post edited by Matthew_01 on

Replies

• as addition leader ship corvus + this other squad members or her rebel version with DEL
  • Every other imperial trooper gives a bonus to Imperial trooper with their unique. Add something like that.
  • I agree for new empire toons but way better characters available for empire than inferno squad, they were very bland and poorly scripted, no impact on the star wars universe saga tbh, always whining about killing rebels.
  • Matthew_01
    55 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    TheIanator wrote: »
    Every other imperial trooper gives a bonus to Imperial trooper with their unique. Add something like that.

How about this amendment?

Unique: hope cannot save them

For each rebel enemy Iden gains 7% offence
    Whenever an enemy resists a rebuff or evades an attack imperial troopers gain 5% turn meter and 10% critical chance (stacking) until their next attack.

Woukd this be a suitable improvement? Or would it be better if her leader ability was just a unique ability?
  • dimi4a wrote: »
    Might as well add her to the Rebels... Traitorous Scum!

Perhaps they'll make a rebel version, as well as an empire version, but I don't particularly want that as the rebel faction is strong enough as it is; imperial troopers are a rising faction Inferno Squad could really support.
  • Get real - in this game? You will ONLY see a rebel version of her. Keep dreaming if you think we'll see decent DS toons any more then twice a year.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Sure - I'll keep dreaming. This is what feedback is for, right - to say where we want improvements in the game!

I've updated this thread so there can be an 'inferno squad' team that would be the imperial version of Phoenix Squadron; they can also be crew members. @PremierVenoth , I agree the developers are too focused on extremely strong light side characters - I would ask them to consider Inferno Squad to add some interest to the Dark Side.
  • @Matthew_01

Really like your Inferno squad kits. It's really rare to see someone make 1 character that fit the lore, look fun to play, and most of all balanced without a huge glaring game breaking synergy with an existing character, most fan kits are just crazy OP. You managed to make 5 with interesting interactions, could be used in multiple modes, but don't strike me as arena dominant.

Very well done, and nice ideas.
  • @Matthew_01

Really like your Inferno squad kits. It's really rare to see someone make 1 character that fit the lore, look fun to play, and most of all balanced without a huge glaring game breaking synergy with an existing character, most fan kits are just crazy OP. You managed to make 5 with interesting interactions, could be used in multiple modes, but don't strike me as arena dominant.

Very well done, and nice ideas.

Thanks DedrickRogue - it's nice to have a bit of positivity amongst all the doom-and-gloom that often dominates post responses!
  • that immune to stun and ability block is too overpowered.
    inflict all that debuts back? that makes darth vader or tarkin unusable
  • Matthew_01
    55 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    that immune to stun and ability block is too overpowered.
    inflict all that debuts back? that makes darth vader or tarkin unusable

How about this:

If a debuffed enemy inflicts a debuff on Iden Versio, she inflicts that debuff on them. Whenever Iden Versio is stunned she gains 50% speed for 1 turn.
    Post edited by Matthew_01 on
  • I have now updated Iden's kit again: she now is slightly less OP. Some may say that now we have Palpatine ruling arena, an Empire boost isn't required - but really, this is a SITH meta, as the triumvirate is so powerful. Thrawn supercedes the limits of factions, so he doesn't really count, he's just so good.

Note her turn meter gain at the start of the encounter, a valuable aspect when facing Vader.
    She also has some interesting synergy with Grand Moff Tarkin, and other turn meter removing characters, as her leader gives allies lots of power to take down these low-turn meter enemies.
  • Matthew_01 wrote: »
    I have now updated Iden's kit again: she now is slightly less OP. Some may say that now we have Palpatine ruling arena, an Empire boost isn't required - but really, this is a SITH meta, as the triumvirate is so powerful. Thrawn supercedes the limits of factions, so he doesn't really count, he's just so good.

Note her turn meter gain at the start of the encounter, a valuable aspect when facing Vader.
    She also has some interesting synergy with Grand Moff Tarkin, and other turn meter removing characters, as her leader gives allies lots of power to take down these low-turn meter enemies.

I just reread some of it... her leader ability would literally break the game. You could legit go an ENTIRE match without opponent even blinking.
  • Matthew_01
    55 posts Member
    edited June 2018

I just reread some of it... her leader ability would literally break the game. You could legit go an ENTIRE match without opponent even blinking.

Technically no: take a single attack at the start of the game: the other team will have over 35% turn meter - most likely to be close to 50% - so then no turn meter will be removed. Even when preying on the weak, capitalising every time an enemy takes a turn, you cannot slow down the whole team: one attack removes at maximum 35% turn meter from the enemy, but the trooper only gains 20% turn meter. Assuming equal speed, the next time that trooper takes a turn the enemy will have 80% turn meter.

(Edit) Plus the bonuses are drastically reduced by daze
  • Sorry, misread it!
  • In fact, her leadership might be a bit underpowered, reviewing it, especially compared to something like Palpatine. Of course, it shouldn't be as good as that, but perhaps all other allies also gain 5% turn meter when this happens.
  • She seems OP. Undispellable buffs are meant to be just that. Undispellable.

Technically, Palpatine would still be able to easily knock this out with all the extra debuffs being cleansed and his zeta. She should be modified to fit raids because she could solo any raid by herself.

Her leader and unique are ok, but her attacks are overpowered. 80% turn meter is quite a lot and bonus damage equal to 20% of Max Health is a lot. Lol. She wins the raid in only 10 turns because of TM removal and 20% Health removal. Seems OP please nerf.
    I make character kits! Ask me and I will try my best to make one for fun.
  • Calastar wrote: »
    She seems OP. Undispellable buffs are meant to be just that. Undispellable.

Technically, Palpatine would still be able to easily knock this out with all the extra debuffs being cleansed and his zeta. She should be modified to fit raids because she could solo any raid by herself.

Her leader and unique are ok, but her attacks are overpowered. 80% turn meter is quite a lot and bonus damage equal to 20% of Max Health is a lot. Lol. She wins the raid in only 10 turns because of TM removal and 20% Health removal. Seems OP please nerf.

OK, thanks a Calastar, good feedback. I think you're right, I'll remove the dispel of undispellable debuffs. Of course, her third ability is weak like all cleansers against Palpatine, but as with all Empire troopers they are not meant to fight their Emperor. Also instead of inflicting those debuffs on all enemies, she may only inflict them on target enemy and one other random enemy, but give inferno squad allies turn meter for dispelled debuffs.

I hadn't considered the OP of inferno squad in the raids, so I'll do as you suggest, and add a clause which limits this against raid bosses.

80% turn meter can perhaps be nerfed to 60%, but I wouldn't reduce it any further as she has no debuff or buff bonuses, so this is the main characteristic of her attack.

20% max health is not a lot of damage; Raider Han can take out around 75% of any decent character's health easily! Similarly, Nihilus can insta-kill, so as again this attack has no other characteristics I'd say 20% max health damage is a fair balance, to make her viable.
  • Changes now implemented.