My FO team does not perform well, pls help

Luniz
359 posts Member
Hi, I recently got my FO team to 7* and zetad kylo, but I am unable to get through all 4 waves even on the first day of TB. The first3 waves are pretty easy but 4th gives an elite rebel officer that I cannot kill. My toons start falling in a predictable order and once they are gone kylo gets dazed and dies as well.

I don't use them often so I may be making mistakes. Even if I stun the officer i dont do enough damage to kill him, once they start healing and stealthing it is all over. I don't use FO for anything else so they don't have great mods, I know FOO needs speed but i cant really afford it. Anyways if you have any advice for a FO noob please let me have it, TIA.

Replies

• Maybe practice with them in GW.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Need more info. Gear levels, mods, speeds.
  • I'd agree, mods are super important. Also I've noticed that target selection is, in my opinion, much more important in Dark Side TB than Light Side.
  • Luniz wrote: »
    G9 zylo, fotp. Rest g8. Mostly crit chance, health, and potency mods, crit dam on fotp. FOO is the only one over 170 speed,177.

Yeah, your aren't going to 4/4 with g8 FO. And you will need more speed, like 200 on FOO. And a zeta on Phasma lead (unless you are going with UKR and new FO, then I can't help). Sorry.
    Once you fix those issues, zPhasma gives Advantage (plus Crit Immunity) at the beginning of the fight. Use FOO Marching Orders to boost Kylo, use Lash Out whenever possible to fill squad TM. Use FOST taunt to boost squad TM. Use Phasma Victory March to boost squad TM when needed. Keep FOTP firing as much as possible. Keep Advantage up as much as possible.
    Shoot the healers and cleansers: Commander and Pilot are my primary targets.
  • First Order is a solid offensive team, don't be discouraged @Luniz in TW they would require a pretty decent offensive team to beat them. They're absolutely worth the investment.
  • Luniz wrote: »
    It really sucks that you need arena mods and a zeta to clear day 1 of a TB, maybe I shouldn't be using them at all. They don't really serve any other purpose.

Don't get discouraged, clearing 4/4 should be considered a goal for high-level squads, even in P1. You might get there before requiring zeta Phasma (I am skeptical, the Advantage buff at encounter start is a big deal for synergy with Kylo TM generation), and with TM loading from the previous waves you might not even really need 200 speed FOO. But gear you will definitely need. Probably g10 before you can expect 4/4. TB waves were deliberately scaled this way. 4/4 is an achievement.
    Phasma FO is still a very solid squad, and fun to play. I don't regret any of the gear I gave them. The bright side is that FOTP, FOST, Kylo, Phasma are not strictly dependent on speedy mods because of the TM generation from Kylo and FOST. Some people don't even run them with speed primaries on their arrows (I have them but often think they are a waste).
    At high levels, FO can easily beat anything that GW can throw at you. You can use them in TW; they are not trivial on defense and pack loads of power if you want to use them on offense. They own DS and Cantina missions. They unlock Offense mod challenges. And they are required to unlock BB8.
    They have lots of utility and purpose.
  • Veers is easily one of my best investments in this game so far. That being said, it is also one of my longest, and still ongoing at moment. I am an FTP too, it's not easy but you can do it.
  • You won't clear 4/4 with g8 Veers (no zeta) and his troopers either. But I do love me some troopers as well. Good luck with your path, whichever you choose.