Can I 7 star him this time?

So, all my guys are 7 star/g8 and a few more gear pieces, most abilities at 7, BUT I'll be level 72 or so by the time thrawn rolls around. Is it possible I can 7 star him or just not at all? I'm sure I can get him to 6.

Here are my guys:

https://swgoh.gg/u/forcefanatic/collection/?f=phoenix

Is there anyway I can beef up my guys in the next couple of days to make this do-able? No way I can make it to 80 for omegas in time though.

Replies

• Frankly, no. I wouldn't even bother
  • I bought some crystals so could try for some potency or speed mods maybe, but idk if that will help enough. mainly wanting to get thrawn to 7 to help fill out my emp roster for R2.
  • If you can't get omega than you can't get zeta and it's ridiculously difficult without a zeta. Don't waste your crystals. Save those for refresh for gear or something. And before folks chime in with "I did it with level 80 gear 8 no zeta" is be willing to bet you grinded it for an insane amount of hours or got it the first time before he was buffed.
  • yeah it's a pipe dream ok. i'll get him 6 star this pass - should be 80 by next time. was gonna try to get them to g9 but i'd still be level 73 - thrawn 7 star is like 85/90 right?
  • Excuse me for piggybacking... I have 85 team all gear 8, should be able to omega all uniques & some specials. Will poach my best mods from other toons for the event. There will be NO ZETA characters... Does 7* sound do-able?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Eponimous wrote: »
    Excuse me for piggybacking... I have 85 team all gear 8, should be able to omega all uniques & some specials. Will poach my best mods from other toons for the event. There will be NO ZETA characters... Does 7* sound do-able?

It can be done but may require many attempts and a lot of frustration.
    If you can't get omega than you can't get zeta and it's ridiculously difficult without a zeta. Don't waste your crystals. Save those for refresh for gear or something. And before folks chime in with "I did it with level 80 gear 8 no zeta" is be willing to bet you grinded it for an insane amount of hours or got it the first time before he was buffed.

It wasn't buffed and you absolutely do NOT need zetas to complete this event.

I do agree it's very unlikely that it can be done at g8 without omegas though.
  • No. Try not. Do or do not, there is no try.
    You can do it.
  • I couldn't do it at gear 9 last time with almost the whole team Omega while some people have done it on gear 8 with extremely good mods. It is a very difficult event even with properly developed characters.
    Give it a try but don't expect to walk away with 7* Thrawn unless you are well prepared.