Phenix team

I fougth a Phenix team, Hera, Zeb, Esra, Kanan and Chopper, I finally defeated them but it took me several tries. I do not understand how they work, on defense they seem to keep some uniques after Hera dies:
  • Esra healed from red to green and recharged protection, description says protection buff for 2 turns and says nothing about health
  • Kanan recovered protection, description says protection buff
  • Zeb recovered heath, description says only protection
  • Chopper both, but it is ok because it according to description

Replies

• Leader ability generally persists after death. The uniques, however, do not. I like killing Kanan first to stop the counters, then Ezra because he hurts, then the others.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Leader abilities persist after the leader's death, so they will continue to share the uniques of those that are still alive.
  • ChickenFett139
    1484 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    If you DOT a member, you heal them. Hera’s Leader ability Rise Up persists through death which is each member shares the other members unique abilities. And God help you if Sabine is Zeta and modded properly. If you also make the mistake of doing mass damage they will ALL counter strike. I kill Wedge, Vader and Nihilus outright as soon as they use their mass attacks.
  • If you want to take out a Phoenix team, fracture kanan and mass firepower there (without debuffing, unless also either shock or healing immunity). Stun Sabine while doing this to keep your team alive. If you don’t have Thrawn, you’ll have to daze and shock kanan first. If you’re fighting a team without Sabine, you can probably triple shot Ezra with wiggs and then take him out with wedge’s second attack. If you don’t have any of those options on your side, you’re probably not farming Good arena teams. If you don’t go first (Phoenix is slow) you need better speed mods.
  • Iceih_SWG wrote: »
    I fougth a Phenix team, Hera, Zeb, Esra, Kanan and Chopper, I finally defeated them but it took me several tries. I do not understand how they work, on defense they seem to keep some uniques after Hera dies:
    • Esra healed from red to green and recharged protection, description says protection buff for 2 turns and says nothing about health
    • Kanan recovered protection, description says protection buff
    • Zeb recovered heath, description says only protection
    • Chopper both, but it is ok because it according to description

Phoenix squad under Hera's leadership make ALL member's unique abilities apply to all other Phoenix members as well.

So Kanan in the squad means all have a 70% counter chance, for example.
  • Iceih_SWG
    301 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I understand now, they keep sharing while the character with the unique is alive and not Hera.
    I do not have Wedge and I will never have it, I hate wiggs even in my side, but I m ready to unlock Thrawn in the next event.
    Thanks a lot form the answers.
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    Moved to Character Strategy.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Hera is still good to kill quickly, since the 20% TM on Specials is only while she is alive.