We need a raid damage confirmation message..

It's the second time I've posted prematurely on rancor, my guild has a 15 minute waiting period for posting a solo. The first time I was distracted by a family member, went back to my phone and I had been a few seconds too late. The second time, today, I feel asleep as I had been doing alot of physical work and my job earlier and couldn't keep my eyes open.

I know this doesn't just happen to me but it's a silly mistake that's easily avoided. Some times it's a poor performance that you didn't keep track off.

I think we need a message after the run if over that sais "are you sure you want to post x amount of damage?". Then you confirm or you cancel it. In order not to hit cancel by accident it should ask you a second time uppon hitting cancel "are you sure you want to cancel?".

I think this can help avoid alot of misunderstandings as well as accidentally missing a character or posting damage during rancor 0 phases.

I know it's almost sad that we get to finish a whole raid solo in way under 15 minutes to the point where we need to implement special rules and waiting periods for posting but this is what we have to deal with and it wouldn't hurt to make this simple addition that can help our lives improve by alot

Replies

• Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    Options
    Moved to Feedback: Raids
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Options
    Or you could just take it off X4, x1 will still get the job done but will take longer then the time limit
  • Options
    cadwane wrote: »
    It's the second time I've posted prematurely on rancor, my guild has a 15 minute waiting period for posting a solo. The first time I was distracted by a family member, went back to my phone and I had been a few seconds too late. The second time, today, I feel asleep as I had been doing alot of physical work and my job earlier and couldn't keep my eyes open.

I know this doesn't just happen to me but it's a silly mistake that's easily avoided. Some times it's a poor performance that you didn't keep track off.

I think we need a message after the run if over that sais "are you sure you want to post x amount of damage?". Then you confirm or you cancel it. In order not to hit cancel by accident it should ask you a second time uppon hitting cancel "are you sure you want to cancel?".

I think this can help avoid alot of misunderstandings as well as accidentally missing a character or posting damage during rancor 0 phases.

I know it's almost sad that we get to finish a whole raid solo in way under 15 minutes to the point where we need to implement special rules and waiting periods for posting but this is what we have to deal with and it wouldn't hurt to make this simple addition that can help our lives improve by alot

If you're occupied with someone, pause the battle.
    If you're tired, just get your 0dmg and not do raids.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    That option is already there. It's called airplane mode.
  • Options
    Exactly. Turn on offline/flight mode, it will say "no connection" when the boss is down. Turn it off to post dmg. Also will prevent dmg post if your team dies.
  • AnonymousMeh
    357 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Another option is to enter the raid but don't hit auto until 5 minutes before it is time to post damage (depending on how long it takes you). That way you don't have to use airplane mode or try to stop it right before the killing blow.

That being said, I agree that people posting early can be problem. Another example is a guild member was progressing to the victory screen & waiting there because they didn't understand that their damage was already posted at that point.
  • Options
    Most use airplane but can cause a problem if wait too long, heard a number of people complaining they get told a restart is needed and lose their score. Just stick it on 1x or stop with a bit of damage left after turning sleep mode off.
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I'd not suggest to wait after rancor is killed (the 'connection failure screen), even in airplane mode. As said above it might cause some error and then whole thing will be gone after you restart the client. Just wait at p1 beginning and hit the auto later or, wait at the very last moment, like 2% hp left in P4.
  • Options
    How about they instead fix the source of the problem. Why should we have to wait for people to post 0s? All members should automatically get rewards. Or maybe all members who have been active in the last 24 hours, or who earned a tickets, or whatever. Requiring people to post 0s is a terrible game mechanic.