Is Grandmaster Yoda any viable?

I see nobody using him, not even in a jedi team. Would this work?-qgj,old ben, aayla secura, hy, grand master yoda. What would work better? I would like to use him actually...

Replies

• M_L
    469 posts Member
    hmmm, i'm just not sure if this proposed team does enough damage vs say.... any GK Zarriss composition (maybe with r2), even after say your Hoda has put master's training on every other jedi...

I too would love if GMYoda could make a comeback. At this point they should just unnerf his damage so he's viable. I really do enjoy watching that little guy hop around all over the place
  • Bring in Ezra instead of GMY. You need the DPS
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    If you make GMYoda really fast, he could be useful against some debuffing squads in TW since he can spread TenUp. However, without a cleanse, he's just not as reliable for that as Rex or Chirrut.
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    his buff copy could be useful

with ten up & foresight he 's actually quite tricky to deal with. But he is too squishy

Probably if you zeta his 4th active ability, battle meditation he might be a little more threatening. But mostly on offense. He has so many active abilities that AI doesn't know what to do

For team comps, assuming no GK,
    If you don't mind hybrid teams, Fulcrum could be good with Yodas.
    Ackbar 2 Yodas Fulcrum Anakin

This team should be fun with a lot of assist from fulcrum and a ton of buffs for her big deal attack. However on defense, it will be terribly weak.

If you want pure Jedi team,
    zQGJ 2 Yodas Anakin Old Ben

This team can be nasty with all the foresight and the amount of buff the team would have when Old Ben dies.

If you want a good pure Jedi team,
    GK zBarriss 2 Yoda Anakin

Well this team will be joke for Jedi Rey teams, but what is not. So Jedi Rey aside, this team is very good. Whenever GK, Barriss goes 50% health or lower, Anakin will attack, Whenever Barriss heals there will be a swarm attack.

Biggest problem is he doesn't spreas stealth. He is in a similar position as R2, and R2 is just generally better with his stealth. But Grand Master Yoda is not a bad character for sure.
    Post edited by Anakin_Skywalker on
  • He's a decent toon, but he just doesn't match up to any of the current meta toons - CLS, Thrawn, R2, etc. He's good for a B-team that you use for tw and tb.
  • DRV
    173 posts Member
    I ran Rex lead, Boba, GM Yoda, DN, and Kylo for a very long time. Zetas on Kylo and Yoda's BM. Probably wouldn't work now with CLS/JTR everywhere, but the wall of tenacity and foresight was amazing.
  • I have moved him in to replace Hoda and he has helped a little against JTR teams because he can steal and spread their buffs. Problem is once illuminated destiny hits across the table I was dying before yoda took the two turns to steal and then spread.
    Team was GK lead, zarris, zEzra, zATF. Was great for fulcrum if it wasn't already too late.
  • I’ve always wanted to make gm yoda work, he has some good abilities for Jedi just not so beefy against top meta lineups
    https://www.youtube.com/c/ltsjustlan l Roster ~ swgoh.gg/p/479461123
  • The original GMY would probably do ok. This nerfed version of GMY isn't any good, even at Gear 12 and double zeta.

Then again, almost all jedi are garbage in this game. They need a rework desperately.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Liamtbqh
    620 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    No, much better characters to invest in atm unless you're in it for the very long run.

Imo CG are probably saving Seperatist and Republic rework until new Territory Battles based around the prequels are released. They did say they like to bring in characters that fit into the theme of whats going on with Star Wars or the game at the time.
  • He’s a waste. I wish I could get that zeta back.
  • aaaa wrote: »
    I see nobody using him, not even in a jedi team. Would this work?-qgj,old ben, aayla secura, hy, grand master yoda. What would work better? I would like to use him actually...

Depends on your rank. I don't see that team making it into top 200
  • I understand that everything can't be perfectly aligned with what's sensible and canonical... but it really chaps my hide that characters like Rey and Ezra are more powerful than GRANDMASTER JEDI Yoda. It's insane. Same with Emperor Palpatine. I wouldn't mind a re-shifting in the power differential if it made more sense of problems like these. GM Yoda should be a MUST on a Jedi team, not a "meh."
  • M_L
    469 posts Member
    i mean to be fair, i feel like i have seen GM Yoda used, pre RJT, pre CLS. on my shard there were full or almost full Jedi teams that i had to specifically plan against. i think it was something like, zQGJ, GMyoda, r2, anakin, GK. GMyoda/r2/Anakin can be switched with Ezra, or Aayla.

i mean, i recall these teams were really quite annoying 'cause they'd go so often and hit decently hard. But over time, they have just become less viable. so... it's not like GMyoda never had a time to shine, but power creep is a certainty in a game like this.
  • I've floating around 100-160 with qgj, raid han, zylo, r2, and gmy for awhile now. Gearing up cls for the future though
  • He's more tuned to play against a sith or empire squad as he's the only jedi that gives tenacity up. You don't see much of that in arena right now, still a good play in TW if you use Jedi.
  • I play with jedi on my alt I can Crack top 200 but I have to really pick my targets my squad is zQgj g12 zEzra g12 zYoda g11 zBarriss g10 Anakin g11
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    He was good before all the "cannot be resisted" and "cannot be evaded" abilities. Han's basic, R2's burn, ... Tenacity Up and Foresight are not anymore a must.
  • I use him to post zero damage on raids.
  • @Moroveus , this....unfortunately I do the same. lol. he's level 1 and I'm not investing.
  • Everything Grandmaster Yoda does, someone else does better. Rex is better for Tenacity Up, GK is better for gaining buffs, CLS is better at TM reduction, practically everyone is better at damage.

Why take a jack of all trades who's not really great at any of them, when you can just put together a team of masters who can cover all bases?
  • aaaa wrote: »

Use him! He's great for me. I'm in top 20 arena in my shard. I run an unconventional team and it works. Zader, z GM yoda, z thrawn, z Cls, Nihilus all Gr 12 except Nihilus. My yoda flies so he usually goes first.
  • I have found him to be quite nice in tb in a third or fourth team. His aoe steals every enemy buff, then he can give every buff he has to his allies. Timed right, thats a ton of buffs. I dont have fulcrum, but I would love imagine her whirlwind is game over at that point.