What are the pros and cons of gearing up Nightsister zombie?

Prev1
I’m thinking gearing up my zombie but I’m wondering if that’s the best decision. Everyone says a low gear zombie is better but I’m unsure if that’s the case

Replies

• The reasoning behind a lower geared zombie is keeping her to where she can get her taunt back up faster.. ie if she survives thrawns fracture, she can't taunt again and opponent can tear apart the rest of a NS squad
  • scuba
    14039 posts Member
    The reasoning behind a lower geared zombie is keeping her to where she can get her taunt back up faster.. ie if she survives thrawns fracture, she can't taunt again and opponent can tear apart the rest of a NS squad

Not surviving fracture is one of the benefits of low gear zombie.
    The main is daka and Asajj uniques
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    G12 Zombie doesn't die fast - Strong against teams without buff immunity, fracture, and with insufficient amount of buff removal.
    G2 Zombie always dies when hit - Strong against all of the above mentioned abilities, but weak against Snowtrooper (Dying feeds turnmeter), and probably Jedi Rey teams. (If Jedi Rey team has GK and Old Ben+the "trio", I believe Jedi Rey is the only one who dispels buff, so against that team, having G12 zombie would be better)
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    G12 Zombie doesn't die fast - Strong against teams without buff immunity, fracture, and with insufficient amount of buff removal.
    G2 Zombie always dies when hit - Strong against all of the above mentioned abilities, but weak against Snowtrooper (Dying feeds turnmeter), and probably Jedi Rey teams. (If Jedi Rey team has GK and Old Ben+the "trio", I believe Jedi Rey is the only one who dispels buff, so against that team, having G12 zombie would be better)

Also weak against the new FO teams with KRU lead. KRU's 2 turn stun/dispel skill doesn't deal any damage, so won't be able to kill zombie no matter what. OG kylo's AOE feeds TM to FO allies so spamming that isn't actually a bad thing for FO even if low gear zombie is dying. She dies and her taunt goes away but FOTP gets TM and then basically one shots Daka.
  • I much prefer a strong zombie. A strong zombie will be taunting for many more turns than a weak zombie will. A weak zombie might be better on offense because the AI is dumb and will a) attack her when she isn't taunting and b) waste strong attacks to defeat her when a basic will do. Opposing players are much smarter and because of that a strong zombie is superior on offense.

• Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Any team that can buff themselves in any way with an aoe makes a mockery of gear 2 zombie.

Two examples of commonly held characters that can fit into a cls team to take out nightsisters easily.

Jyn aoe can feed someone 100% tmr and advantage for two turns. Wedge has an aoe and when leader all rebels heal when an enemy dies.

The advantage of gear 2 zombie is of course that the common meta teams have only one aoe and it's r2d2s.
  • If you want to use it for arena, definitely go for a low geared one. Imperial Troopers are the main problem for low-geared Zombies, but they're not able to exist in the meta currently. Since Assajj and Talzin gain from ally deaths, you want the Zombie to die a lot.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    The main advantage of not gearing your zombi is the mindtricks it plays on your opponents.
    )@*#&%)(&)!@ HOW THE )(&@)#*$&)&% CAN @)#(%)(*@% ZOMBI AT )@#*&%)(@*#% LOW GEAR )@#(%&)@(%*# DEFEAT MY )(&%)@(*#%)@ META )(*#%)(@*#% TEAM.
    It works, i'm one of those people that gets slightly annoyed by low gear zombi.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »
    The main advantage of not gearing your zombi is the mindtricks it plays on your opponents.
    )@*#&%)(&)!@ HOW THE )(&@)#*$&)&% CAN @)#(%)(*@% ZOMBI AT )@#*&%)(@*#% LOW GEAR )@#(%&)@(%*# DEFEAT MY )(&%)@(*#%)@ META )(*#%)(@*#% TEAM.

Just hope there aren't many Empire teams in your shard, because our reaction to a low-gear zombie is something like:

'AHAHHAHAhhahHAHhaHhhaaa ohhh, that's funny, I'm going to kill you now.'
  • Low gear zombie is only good if you plan on having the Acolyte/zombie combo, and banking everything on that. Any opponent that can dispel buffs without targeting or AoE will coast through that, and has a much tougher time with a legit zombie.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

Just hope there aren't many Empire teams in your shard, because our reaction to a low-gear zombie is something like:

'AHAHHAHAhhahHAHhaHhhaaa ohhh, that's funny, I'm going to kill you now.'

killing them isn't so much the problem, but getting sniped by a 70k team just hurts a little inside.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • G12 Zombie doesn't die fast - Strong against teams without buff immunity, fracture, and with insufficient amount of buff removal.

Only true at low level arena the higher you get in arena the more you realize zombie is far better geared up. At higher levels you also realize that zombies deaths do not feed Asajj and Daka nearly as much as letting MT or Daka die, then hold off killing anyone until you have enough stacks to kill everyone. Much more efficient.
  • If you want to use it for arena, definitely go for a low geared one. Imperial Troopers are the main problem for low-geared Zombies, but they're not able to exist in the meta currently. Since Assajj and Talzin gain from ally deaths, you want the Zombie to die a lot.

Talzin does not get fed, however Daka does.
  • Nuriela wrote: »

Only true at low level arena the higher you get in arena the more you realize zombie is far better geared up. At higher levels you also realize that zombies deaths do not feed Asajj and Daka nearly as much as letting MT or Daka die, then hold off killing anyone until you have enough stacks to kill everyone. Much more efficient.

I'm lvl 85 but honestly don't meet ton of NS in my shard. However I prefer to go against zombie that can be fractured rather than g2 zombie
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Nuriela wrote: »

I'm lvl 85 but honestly don't meet ton of NS in my shard. However I prefer to go against zombie that can be fractured rather than g2 zombie

From I read the difference occurs at the point where people have a full gear 12 team compared gear 10s and a 11 or two.
  • scuba
    14039 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Low gear zombie is only good if you plan on having the Acolyte/zombie combo, and banking everything on that. Any opponent that can dispel buffs without targeting or AoE will coast through that, and has a much tougher time with a legit zombie.

Zombie gear means nothing for the Acolyte/zombie combo. Acolyte gets no benefits from low or high gear zombie. Low gear zombie feed asajj and daka unique and is next to impossible to debuff or fracture since most attacks kill her.

with Acolyte/Zombie if zombie lasts thru 1 hit or 5 hits Acolyte turns or stealth status does not change.

you could actually argue a high gear hard to kill zombie would benefit Acolyte more because there is a better chance of zombie taunting if Acolyte comes out of stealth for a turn.
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Naraic wrote: »

From I read the difference occurs at the point where people have a full gear 12 team compared gear 10s and a 11 or two.

I don't know how powerful g12 zombie is, but as long as i can fracture her, I can win on offense more easily (with Titan team)

Currently I got no thrawn yet but I buff immune zombie with cls. It works very well against well geared zombie teams. Acolyte can be dealt by Han. Daka, Talzin, Ventress can be handled systematically, if zombie cannot taunt. Titan team does not have much buff dispels like baze, so preventing taunt is important

now g2 zombie is tricky because I have to keep wasting shots on her. especially r2 and han. their hits are very valuable and if zombie keeps eating those valuable hits, I'm in a bad shape.
  • Oh no.. my post is gone after editing.

Fyi I'm talking in perspective of titan team going against ns.
    titan has 2 buff dispel. cls & thrawn.
    Both works great against g12.
    acolyte can be dealt with by han's stun on 1st turn.
    So if zombie can be prevented from taunting, my job is just to stun acolyte, kill her, kill daka, then talzin, and asajj. it's doable.

however g2 zombie taunts every single turn. none of my chars can effectively stop her. (cls, gk, thrawn, solo, r2)
    And that G2 zombiw will eat some of my shots. especially shots from those who can't ignore taunt. that wasted turn can make a difference between killing daka and leaving her alive and letting her recover back to full health. it drives me crazy. so in my book g2 zbie is better
  • Oh no.. my post is gone after editing.

So if zombie can be prevented from taunting, my job is just to stun acolyte, kill her, kill daka, then talzin, and asajj. it's doable.

however g2 zombie taunts every single turn. none of my chars can effectively stop her. (cls, gk, thrawn, solo, r2)
    And that G2 zombiw will eat some of my shots. especially shots from those who can't ignore taunt. that wasted turn can make a difference between killing daka and leaving her alive and letting her recover back to full health. it drives me crazy. so in my book g2 zbie is better

A smart person will make sure your zombie is dead before he can taunt, so the lower gear you are on zombie the less likely she will ever be taunting. A higher geared zombie if killed by plague and still has full protection when she rezzes she will have full protection still when she is back up. And fracturing zombie does nothing anyways because once acolyte goes and stealths then fracture is pointless.
  • Most CLS titans teams dont even fracture zombie

If your zombie dies alot and your NS are full zeta, you get some tm, but not the ones that get fracture. Ventris gains damage, but she is one of the first to die after daka anyway.

If your zombie doesnt die alot, it will take longer to kill after buff immunity (or fracture) wears off. But not that long.
  • scuba wrote: »
    Low gear zombie is only good if you plan on having the Acolyte/zombie combo, and banking everything on that. Any opponent that can dispel buffs without targeting or AoE will coast through that, and has a much tougher time with a legit zombie.

Zombie gear means nothing for the Acolyte/zombie combo. Acolyte gets no benefits from low or high gear zombie. Low gear zombie feed asajj and daka unique and is next to impossible to debuff or fracture since most attacks kill her.

with Acolyte/Zombie if zombie lasts thru 1 hit or 5 hits Acolyte turns or stealth status does not change.

you could actually argue a high gear hard to kill zombie would benefit Acolyte more because there is a better chance of zombie taunting if Acolyte comes out of stealth for a turn.

I'm not sure what you're disagreeing with what I said. I said low gear zombie is ONLY good with Acolyte combo, not that paper zombie is better in that situation. Any other combination of NS besides one attempting to rely on Acolyte to timeout teams will benefit more from a stronger zombie.
  • @DedrickRogue he means that even NS teams using acolyte are better served with a strong zombie.
  • scuba
    14039 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »

I'm not sure what you're disagreeing with what I said. I said low gear zombie is ONLY good with Acolyte combo, not that paper zombie is better in that situation. Any other combination of NS besides one attempting to rely on Acolyte to timeout teams will benefit more from a stronger zombie.

That is what I am not agreeing with. A low gear zombie is also good on a team without Acolyte. Many actually drop Acolyte and put GK in.
  • scuba wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »

That is what I am not agreeing with. A low gear zombie is also good on a team without Acolyte. Many actually drop Acolyte and put GK in.

Compared to what? No zombie? If so, sure I agree. But this thread is about paper zombie vs high gear zombie, and Acolyte combo is the only time I think the benefits of low gear zombie outweighs high gear zombie. The benefits being that the gear/credits/mods that would have gone into a high gear zombie can be used on another NS instead.
  • I've found gear 6, level 80 to be the perfect spot for Zombie.
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Oh no.. my post is gone after editing.

A smart person will make sure your zombie is dead before he can taunt, so the lower gear you are on zombie the less likely she will ever be taunting. A higher geared zombie if killed by plague and still has full protection when she rezzes she will have full protection still when she is back up. And fracturing zombie does nothing anyways because once acolyte goes and stealths then fracture is pointless.

1. I don't use talzin so zombie won't revive with full protection
    2. I stun acolyte right off the bat
    3. The argument that "fracturing zombie does nothing because once acolyte goes and stealths then fracture is pointless." it's only logical in words. due to Han solo's first stun on Acol, I can earn a good amount of time before she goes stealth. What matters is that daka and/or talzin's lead will bring acol back to life after death. But that is still manageable if zombie is completely dormant due to fracture. If she isn't fractured, she keeps getting in the way and slows my entire process. That doesn't only end as a slowing down, but it ends up wasting enough time for acol to get into stealth and then I'm 99% lost.
    Post edited by Anakin_Skywalker on
  • Izza
    85 posts Member
    Mine is G6 L80, and I run NS with GK. I feel zombie doesn't taunt often enough
  • ONLY Starck, Veers and Snow kill a low zombie/g12 ns team in 10 seconds lol
    This deal is getting worse all the time!
  • Teague wrote: »
    I've found gear 6, level 80 to be the perfect spot for Zombie.

Zombie gets a speed boost on g7. A fast zombie is a good zombie.

• snarzenal wrote: »
    Teague wrote: »
    I've found gear 6, level 80 to be the perfect spot for Zombie.

Zombie gets a speed boost on g7. A fast zombie is a good zombie.

A Zombie that had too much protection and is now Fractured or Buff immunitied is a useless Zombie.