Away for a while game seems brand new

churrios
8 posts Member
edited January 2018
Hey guys, haven't played in quite some time and came back too see that there are freakin ships now! (stopped playing right when mods were introduced).

I'm looking to just farm casually and was hoping if anyone could steer me in the right direction. Can't tell if I should keep farming my highest characters or grind a different team. Got back into an active guild as well.

My current character list https://swgoh.gg/u/gochardgo/collection/ Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Edit: I also have enough shards for Darth Vader

Replies

• Options
    You might as well start over since you'll never be able to climb back the arena now and frankly you can reach level 60 in less than two weeks.
    Then, the usual... Phoenix first to unlock Thrawn/Palpatine, which will help to unlock R2, and from then on work on CLS requirement and First Order / Resistance.

Alternatively you can work on Nightsisters whenever if you want to be a able to compete quickly in the arena.
  • Options
    Ah I see, starting over seems kinda fun. Does 1.5k crystals change anything or is it better to reinvest and purchase crystals again if I need it after restarting?
  • Options
    1.5k crystals isn't much. If u don't mind restarting it might b easier for u
  • Options
    Yeah if you manage to steal a good spot in arenas, 1,5k crystals is something you can get in 3-5 days.
  • Options
    Alright going to definitely restart. Is following the adaptive f2p guide a good way to start? It doesn't seem to mention going phoenix and says to farm thrawn at 85 so I'm a bit confused
  • Options
    Thrawn is a legendary event that takes 5 Phoenix members, yes Phoenix squad is absolutely the way to go.

Hera, Kanan, Ezra, Zeb & Chopper
  • Options
    I restarted, quit right before mods. It's actually been really fun since I know what I'm doing now. Just make sure to farm phoenix first, this was my farm order up to 50 where I am now.

Ezra (Cantina battles)
    Hera (Cantina battles) once Ezra is unlocked, then back to Ezra once Hera is unlocked. I got Ezra to 4 stars then went back and got Hera to 3, then switched back to Ezra.
    Chopper (Cantina store) Naturally unlocks with all the cantina farming)
    Kanan (Arena) Takes the longest but worth it
    Zeb (galactic wars)

The best part about starting fresh with Phoenix on a new shard is the ability to basically walk into the top 200, being able to farm galactic wars and finish at full health and most importantly having the team ready to unlock Thrawn/EP.
  • Options
    Okay so I rerolled twice on two different devices ended up with K2SO and Old Ben, which should I keep? Also will getting the starter bundle help at all early or late? (sthan light side and dooku dark)
  • Options
    churrios wrote: »
    Okay so I rerolled twice on two different devices ended up with K2SO and Old Ben, which should I keep? Also will getting the starter bundle help at all early or late? (sthan light side and dooku dark)

If you don't want to reroll anymore, I would go with Old Ben, he is rebel, tank and he is a character you need for CLS event.

Light side bundle is ok but you aren't going to use STH till late game if you plan to focus on phoenix squad first. Besides, you already have OB as tank.
  • Options
    Cool, thanks for the advice. I don't think I'll reroll anymore, it's a pain on iOS having to constantly create a new apple ID.

I hear that going phoenix squad also means that your dark side nodes will suffer a bit, will dooku help out here at all or is it not worth the investment?
  • Options
    Yes on ST Han, as you will need scoundrels for the credit heist. As soon as you access mods, you start running out of credits quickly.

DS, focus on crew members, Tarkin, TFP, FOTP, Vader, Boba - they're more than solid enough to get you through the DS TB missions (at least what you will need of them).

I know it seems like a lot, but everyone is working through the same constraints your are. Keep your focus (Phoenix / Scoundrels), do one thing at a time, and things will work out well.

I re-rolled and in late September and used the Phoenix > Thrawn > R2 > Wiggs approach and finish in the high 20s in squad and 1st in fleet every day.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the great advice so far. So should I stop focusing on phoenix at 5* and start working on scoundrels then for heists/fleet?
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    Ds nodes you can just rely on borrowing an op character from a level 85 ally. Palpatine makes good choice because of his aoe.

Ls starter bundle has Han who you need eventually for cls and can use in credit heists Chewie shards can be used to upgrade him for credit heist and jc is someone you will use as a pilot, nothing against any of them and they all have uses eventually. Better value than most purchases in this game.
  • crzydroid
    7300 posts Moderator
    Options
    You can probably benefit from the "new players" section as well...there are posts in there for borrowing allies, which can help get you through nodes. But agree that TIE fighter pilot and Boba are good ds choices.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    DrMaggot wrote: »
    You might as well start over since you'll never be able to climb back the arena now and frankly you can reach level 60 in less than two weeks.
    Then, the usual... Phoenix first to unlock Thrawn/Palpatine, which will help to unlock R2, and from then on work on CLS requirement and First Order / Resistance.

Alternatively you can work on Nightsisters whenever if you want to be a able to compete quickly in the arena.

Solid advice, but he won't have MT and zombie yet, since he was away during their event.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the great advice so far. So should I stop focusing on phoenix at 5* and start working on scoundrels then for heists/fleet?

I would personally push them to 7* first, you'll want to be ready when Thrawn comes again. The best part of phoenix is the multiple tags, having rebels and Jedi really help when branching off and filling other requirements. You'll inevitably finish some 7* before others and that's when you can start using those resources to farm for other teams.

The one thing I'm not sure of is if scoundrels will be the best for you to farm second. R2, CLS and so on are much more beneficial.
  • Options
    Alright going to definitely restart. Is following the adaptive f2p guide a good way to start? It doesn't seem to mention going phoenix and says to farm thrawn at 85 so I'm a bit confused

Watch this short and basic video before you get started, I wish I had!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uRZ016XV4k

• Options
    Oh wow, yeah it was really helpful, kinda nice to see it visualized. I had no idea I could work towards RJT instead of CLS after Palpatine, gives me something to think about in the coming months.

I think it's too early for me to be able to decide now seeing as how there's no way I'll be ready for the BB8 or R2 events coming up in a couple months. I'll work on my phoenix squad > palp > thrawn until then. Thanks for all the solid advice :smile:

Also why did they remove the crystal stipend pack arg
  • Options
    Oh wow, yeah it was really helpful, kinda nice to see it visualized.

Glad you got something from it. I think it's really simple, and really useful.