Galactic War is WAY too hard.

Hello everyone,

Recently I found that Galactic war is way too hard to beat. I currently have level 76 squad with ezra, qui gon, yoda, luminara, and kanan with level 10 to 13 mods. This is my strongest team and I could not get pass the second purple battle which had a full level 80 phoenix squad with maxed abilities and level 15 mods. I even spent all of my other squads available trying to kill Hera and couldn't even get her lower than 50 percent. I don't understand why the game is giving me these super extra hard unbeatable matchups in galactic war. It is not like I can upgrade gear and abilities on my top team on a daily basis to keep up with battles that get tougher and refresh on a daily basis. Levels, ability upgrades, and gear come too slow to keep up. Is anyone else having this same problem?

Replies

• Options
    Enjoy the challenge while it lasts. depending on how fast you progress, you've only got a couple months before you clear the entire thing with you fifth best squad
  • Dooku_for_days
    2907 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    GW isn't too hard. In fact it's exceptionally easy. Your team sucks because unfortunately you worked on the wrong characters.
  • Options
    GW isn't too hard. In fact it's exceptionally easy. Your team sucks because unfortunately you worked on the wrong characters.

Wow, what thought out constructive assistance you provided. Instead of ridiculing someone, why don't you offer assistance? This is the feedback area. If it so easy for you, why are you in this sub-forum?

Yes, GW can be hard at times. The main way to go about beating it is to develop a squad that will have some synergy, meaning they work well together. Rebels, Phoenix, Nightsisters, etc.... Random characters will not get you very far, here or elsewhere.

Soon you will be able to start getting more successful in battles, and eventually it will get easier. Sometimes they will throw a team at you, that you just have to admit you can't beat it. Wait a day, and move on.

I occasionally get a team on stage 12, that makes me wonder how someone who is just reached level 85 has any chance of beating. Today, was one of those stages on mine. Maxed Gear 11 and 12 Empire squad with quality mods at every position, and speed 30 arrows on all 5. As someone who beats it most every day, this one stopped me. Keep at it.
  • Options
    You need to get Phoenix squad and just gotta work exclusively on this team, on every Phoenix character as much as you can but gets messy when it's PS vs. PS, Id personally use a different squad, like W/B Admiral Akbar Lando and STH, and I try to focus on Ezra first then Hera or Hera first. (need actually high DPS). Alternatively, could throw in Old Ben / Boba Fett to block their special abilities.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    Is anyone else having this same problem?

Loads of people are. The problem is that you aren't using good characters so it is supposed to be impossible. In fairness Ezra and Kanan are very good but only within phoenix. Using them in any other comp is cutting a limb off.

Lumi has very poor dps.

Try Phoenix, try rebels, try nightsisters just don't try Jedi.
  • Options
    Phoenix is good, but try to farm a couple of good leaders with "universal" leader skill. It will make it a bit easier. Boba is a good one, Phasma to that "early" in the game.
  • J7Luke
    484 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    One additional thought, you need a team with consistent healing. For example, a Sith squad under Palpatine, a Rebels squad under Wedge, etc.

p.s. If you farm Resistance, it will make GW so easy you get bored.
  • Options
    It's utterly broken for anyone under 85.

This is a feedback forum. The devs are clearly not interested in anything mid game.

They have made progression 3 times harder. I have said this multiple times.

I take the time and effort to give feedback. I would like it to improve. It's not. Listen to the customer and fix it.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Watp2018 wrote: »

This is a feedback forum. The devs are clearly not interested in anything mid game.

I take the time and effort to give feedback. I would like it to improve. It's not. Listen to the customer and fix it.
    It's also possible that they just don't agree with you, eventhough they listened to your feedback.
    Or they're just incapable of fixing GW, always have been and always will be.
    #MakeGWSim-able !!

Save water, drink champagne!
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    Watp2018 wrote: »

Listen to the other customers galactic war sub 85 is easy for a well built team. I started a new account in November. Ive failed to complete twice. Ive needed to dig into my roster 3 times.
  • Options
    @Watp2018 @Naraic has it right. GW is a war, not a battle. Arena teams are meant to win quickly, not persist. Teams that can rebuild protection and/or health passively are best for GW. Now that GW has had a ceiling put on it, that means you won't need to worry as much about hard counters to common arena teams (Zmaul, ZQGj back in the day, currently Titans, JRey, etc.) at very high gear levels with arena class mods.

What you do need to worry about is building a quality team that can rebuild health and protection. Phoenix has been mentioned many times - and it's because it's a great choice. DN led sith also aren't a bad choice (especially now that you don't have to worry about the hard counters quite as much).

Believe me, I have several accounts and have cleared thousands of nodes - GW can be tough, but it's not broken (like it was prior to the Elders change..thank the maker for that).
  • Options
    Hello everyone,

Recently I found that Galactic war is way too hard to beat. ......... I even spent all of my other squads available trying to kill Hera and couldn't even get her lower than 50 percent. I don't understand why the game is giving me these super extra hard unbeatable matchups in galactic war.

It sounds like you're at the point where you really need to spend some time reading and understanding the kits of your enemies. (This is actually why I miss having the old GW... there's no reason to dive into their kits any more. Just click the auto button 12 times. <sigh>)

In the case of your Phoenix battle, maybe consider killing someone besides Hera first. Hera's leadership ability grants the sharing of unique abilities between Phoenix Squad members, and - as all leader abilities do - that effect persists after her death. Unique abilities do not. So, killing Hera has very little effect on the rest of the battle.

Here's what you should be concerned with...

Ezra's unique gives everybody stacking offense...
    Sabine gives everybody 25% CC and CD, which just makes Ezra's stacking offense hurt that much more...
    Chopper gives everybody protection up when damaged, plus health recovery at the start of their turns...
    Kanan gives everybody health when debuffed, and counter chance...
    Zeb gives everybody 40% max protection, as well as 15-30% protection recovery at the start of their turn...

Hera isn't the threat in a Phoenix Squad.

TL;DR The game mechanics are the same for everybody. If you're having trouble where others aren't, learn what tools, tactics, or strategies you should change to succeed.

• Options
    AnnerDoon wrote: »

TL;DR The game mechanics are the same for everybody. If you're having trouble where others aren't, learn what tools, tactics, or strategies you should change to succeed.

This, I totally agree. Don't get bitter, get better.

That said, go with the advice on the synergy.
  • Seevan_TRO
    1 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I fully agree that it is too difficult. how should a level 52 de- feat an opponent with level 72 **** is that and then the developers are surprised if new player quit very quickly .
  • Options
    Hello everyone,

Recently I found that Galactic war is way too hard to beat. I currently have level 76 squad with ezra, qui gon, yoda, luminara, and kanan with level 10 to 13 mods. This is my strongest team and I could not get pass the second purple battle which had a full level 80 phoenix squad with maxed abilities and level 15 mods. I even spent all of my other squads available trying to kill Hera and couldn't even get her lower than 50 percent. I don't understand why the game is giving me these super extra hard unbeatable matchups in galactic war. It is not like I can upgrade gear and abilities on my top team on a daily basis to keep up with battles that get tougher and refresh on a daily basis. Levels, ability upgrades, and gear come too slow to keep up. Is anyone else having this same problem?

My advice for the squad you have: replace Lumi with Bastilla Shan.

Her leader ability is utterly amazing in GW.
  • Options
    Naraic wrote: »
    Is anyone else having this same problem?

Loads of people are. The problem is that you aren't using good characters so it is supposed to be impossible. In fairness Ezra and Kanan are very good but only within phoenix. Using them in any other comp is cutting a limb off.

Lumi has very poor dps.

Try Phoenix, try rebels, try nightsisters just don't try Jedi.

Ezra and Kanan work well even without the rest of Phoenix.

Ezra is a strong attacker, can remove buffs and call assists. Kanan as a taunt tank works well.

Jedi in GW suffer from a lack of passive healing and /or protection regent. That's what makes Phoenix as good as they are. But a jedi team with Ezra and Kanan can work with Bastilla leading them. That 200% bonus protection at the start of every match is really very nice.

I have a 3* Bastilla leading 6 and 7* jedi and it's been working for me.
  • Options
    @Kyno , necrolock
This discussion has been closed.