Please Fix Imperial Retaliation

2Next

Replies

• Fives5555 wrote: »
    The event isn’t fun, it’s not tuned properly, and there is no sense of “pride and accomplishment” for playing.

The event is really good and a big upgrade then just light side territory battles. It might be challenging if you don't have string dark side characters but it's really fun. If you're struggling you may think about investing a little more in the dark side

****... I have g10 Darkside teams that are getting crushed. I’m F2P so my resources are super limited. I’ve spent a month getting my Imperial Troopers all geared to 10 and they’re not even ready for prime time. I want to be able to move on to my other squads, but it looks like if I want to be able to complete a Phase 3 mission, I’ll need them all at g11. It’s rediculous for phase 3. Lord only knows how many g12s I’ll need for phase 6.

Then you need to look into your mods as well.

I ran with my arena mods on this team. They’re fine. This is phase 3 for crying out loud.

Then possibly you need to look at your arena mods, . . . Cuz you should not have an issue with arena mods.
    The event isn’t fun, it’s not tuned properly, and there is no sense of “pride and accomplishment” for playing.

The event is really good and a big upgrade then just light side territory battles. It might be challenging if you don't have string dark side characters but it's really fun. If you're struggling you may think about investing a little more in the dark side

****... I have g10 Darkside teams that are getting crushed. I’m F2P so my resources are super limited. I’ve spent a month getting my Imperial Troopers all geared to 10 and they’re not even ready for prime time. I want to be able to move on to my other squads, but it looks like if I want to be able to complete a Phase 3 mission, I’ll need them all at g11. It’s rediculous for phase 3. Lord only knows how many g12s I’ll need for phase 6.

I ran with my arena mods on this team. They’re fine. This is phase 3 for crying out loud.

Then possibly you need to look at your arena mods, . . . Cuz you should not have an issue with arena mods.

Or, you could admit that the difficulty is still unbalanced.

Or, you could admit that the difficulty is still unbalanced.

Or you could admit that your looking for an easy button? It's rather puzzling how folks want everything to play as if they are using raid Han with CLS , if there is nothing to strive for, nothing to achieve, and no reason to get better and improve, then why are you playing?
  • Waqui wrote: »

It's tuned fine. Yes, there's a big difference in the difficulty of waves 3 and 4, but then again that's exactly where you find that sense of pride and accomplishment — when you complete wave 4.

Yes, I need to develop my troopers more. G8 is not near enough for the IPD mission — but it's always nice to have goals to work towards accomplishing.

take my like, I though everyone here is crybaby but you changed my mind
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited January 2018

Waqui wrote: »

It's tuned fine. Yes, there's a big difference in the difficulty of waves 3 and 4, but then again that's exactly where you find that sense of pride and accomplishment — when you complete wave 4.

Yes, I need to develop my troopers more. G8 is not near enough for the IPD mission — but it's always nice to have goals to work towards accomplishing.

My Imperial Troopers are all at g10 with Zetas. It’s NOT tuned fine.
    Did you move your best mods to them for their missions?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Worse is that this forum shows a history of the same issues of imbalance with Imperial Retaliation and it’s gone unaddressed since the first rework. Not even a “we’re looking into it.” since November!

All this forum shows is, that people like you expect DS TB to have the same level of difficulty as LS TB with their current rosters when in fact the game developers never announced that it would be tuned to the same level of difficulty.
  • The event isn’t fun, it’s not tuned properly, and there is no sense of “pride and accomplishment” for playing.

I'm with you. I'm level 69. The event unlocks at 65, however I can't contribute a thing after the very first battle in the very first phase. For all of you guys with g12 level 85 toons, we're not all at your level.
  • The event isn’t fun, it’s not tuned properly, and there is no sense of “pride and accomplishment” for playing.

I'm with you. I'm level 69. The event unlocks at 65, however I can't contribute a thing after the very first battle in the very first phase. For all of you guys with g12 level 85 toons, we're not all at your level.

I'm curious .... how much are you contributing to a heroic Pit raid? Or heroic AAT? The fact that you can't complete all game modes as a L69 player is ok. Just don't expect the content to be nerfed so that you can.

This also applies to the L85 guys that are trying to complete everything with G8/9/10 characters. Sometimes you just have to ...

#keepgrinding
  • Monel wrote: »
    What about it makes it not fun? Just curious, not trying to be rude.

The platoons make it difficult because there just aren't that many great DS teams so when you have to give up a strong character it really leaves handicapped. But that's all that I dislike about it.

It is way too hard. Still. I had a 3 zeta g11 zader team that couldn't finish phase 3 mission. What's fun about that?

A lot more. G11 won't complete many battles.