Rough day

Anyone else have a rough draw on the table today? I am currently lol 41 but drew a team full of 45 on the third battle. They whipped out my entire team. If was very not cool.

Replies

• Options
    Imo 4 levels above isn't that bad. I actually had a pretty easy day today, I blew through galaxy wars on my original starting team to the end with no problems. Yesterday I fought through a lvl 60 at lvl 49, that was a tough day. Weird thing was the following match was lvl 49
    Look, good against pvp is one thing, good against the living, that’s something else.
  • Options
    They blasted every team member I had. Maybe it was just a bad draw. They had a strong Dooku and another that would counter everything and some strong healers too.
  • Options
    I had a strange day as well. My 9th match was all Lv 55s, then the last 3 were all 44. Luckily the 55 team was full of easy guys. I think it was Chewy, Daka, Consular, Dooku, and maybe Luminara.
  • Options
    Happens...and I've had lower level teams that hit way harder than they should have...I've had my lvl 49 Consular with purple gear one hit by a level 39 resistance pilot right off the bat the other day.
  • Options
    Well at least it wasn't just me. I guess that sort of thing happens some times. I was just concerned because usually I do fairly well. Better luck tomorrow I hope.
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I got unlucky with a 53 team against my primary 48... For some very bizarre reason and I've never seen this before they all focused fired on my Barriss from the get go. She as a result didn't last long cause of the heal immunity and various stuns... Losing my primary healer before they lost theirs made it one heck of a fight, I still won though... Lost Sidious as well and was very close to losing Vader, HK and Luminara

Pretty much with my primary team decimated, I lost my most of my second team to an earlier counter attacking heavy node. Which meant my penultimate node, which has a bunch of 55s, is a no go!

Second time I failed to finish the war in about a week. I need to beef up more of my secondary teams
    Post edited by Skye on
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Options
    That's what happens to me. Took my healer right out. Plus their Dooku used his bonus attack every time. He attacked about 4 times to my team members 2. That's just him not including everyone else's. Maybe they just had a great set up. Because he'd join in on others attacks and use his bonus every single time lol
  • The_Doctor
    50 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Something happened indeed. I was doing fine and having a heck of a good time playing this game for exactly 7 days. Got to 33 in the arena. Spent crystals, and was hving fun. Only thing keeping me down was energy. Today I woke up at 97 and everyone around were 2k stronger than me. I feel cheated out of my effort and being induced into spending money. VERY UNCOOL EA. What's the point of giving effort again? Will I keep being bumped into servers I can't compete? EA, ruinining perfectly good games since 1982.
    Post edited by Hozilla on
  • Options
    Last one was hardest for me today, level 50, Old Ben, Lando, Boba, Chewie and Maul. Ability blocked Ben, then nuked his **** and retreated at first available opportunity to remove his buff from enemy team. Rest went down fast as they didn't have a healer.
  • Options
    Irony.... I just ran into a team... Level 42 across the board... With a 6* old ben, 5* mace, 6* ima gun di, 5* bariss, and 7* kit fisto.... Wiped the floor with me... Towards the end too so every one of my toons was damaged, and hit my healers first. No chance even 7 levels above. Dude had to have spent at least 1k already.
  • Options
    Mine was the second battle lol. I didn't get any good prizes from it today I was pretty sad. I tried to retreat but for some reason my settings button was blocked and wouldn't let me do it.
  • Options
    Send a tank in solo against tough teams to absorb the first round of abilities and aoe. Then put in your A team.
  • Options
    ^

If I'm going into a hard fight I put in B team to absorb some of the big aoes and debuffs. Then I retreat. Then I focus them down.

The retreat mechanic is crucial, but there is no reason not to clear GW everyday 60s or not.
  • Options
    Somedays in GW are much rougher than others though. I really hope the "retreat" strategy never gets changed, or GW is going to become much much more difficult.
  • Options
    I finished GW, but I had to face 3 teams that were 55, 55 and 60 against me at 50. Its stupid how they scale the difficulty to your level but dont give you extra rewards. Why put in the effort to get a good team, when a bad team gets easier challenges and the same rewards?
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    Somedays in GW are much rougher than others though. I really hope the "retreat" strategy never gets changed, or GW is going to become much much more difficult.

They better not "fix" retreat.