Add option for guild commands/messages for Raids

Hi, i am an officer in a guild with very heterogenous level members. We have everything from 36 up to 85. As we want to be inclusive we vary our Rancor Raids from tier 3 up to heroic. So too many players can now solo the pit raid, thereby defeating the purpose to offer lower tier Raids for low level players. Thus it would be great to get a way to better put instructions onto Raids, e.g.:

* Add an option like we have in TB to add a message to the ongoing raid. This way officers can put down the rules.
* Add an option to delay players above a configurable level from battling the raids (e.g. only allow players <lvl 65 in the first 24h).
* Add an option for a damage cap for a certain period (e.g. no one can deal more than 200k damage in the first 24h).

Comments welcome.

Replies

• I came here for the same issues. These are all great ideas. I hope they consider these options for the future they all are great!
  • Do you know you can already put a message in a banner, for the whole guild to see ?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    First one is the only one that is possible.

The dev team have stated they will not give control over someone else's game play, so you would only be able to prohibit and then someone could just ignore it.

Damage caps don't work,for basically the same reason, you could lock someone out of raid and then have a bunch of people finish the raid at an off time. It just opens the door to abuse.
  • I wouldn't mind seeing a registration period similar to TW, to take the place of the zero damage rule. All who register (as long as they meet the character requirement of said tier) get rewards.
  • I have exact Same issue, need better way to run and communicate raids, I started my guild 4 months ago, but cant get everyone to cooperate in low level raids. someone whos 85, comes in and gets 3 mill pts with 1 squad! meanwhile my lvl 50 guys who need the gear cant even get in, WHY HAVE GUILDS? IF LEADERS HAVE NO CONTROL? We barely have ways to communicate, and that can be ignored. Guild Leaders should be allowed to control who enters raids! Short of kicking the lvl 85 player, i have few options

My intent was run Lvl 1 raids so my lower guys advance, but every time some hotshot decides he will jump in and finish the raid in 1st 5 mins..

There NEEDS to be either damage, gear or lvl caps that at least leaders can impose.. Players always can leave and join other guilds, We leaders cant always easily recoup the 100k tix and time we lose.. ive had 6 raiads in 5 months ruined and had to kick 4 players MAYBE if we had better comm, and raid ctrl tools thered be more players sticking with guilds
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Look if you banned someone from taking part in a raid they would leave. So you can kick them for not following the rules.

You control your guild by communicating not by dictating with game tools and limiting how people can play.
  • Ambassador wrote: »
    Do you know you can already put a message in a banner, for the whole guild to see ?

Well that only works if your the guild leader, as an officer I am not having this option. Given that I can start raids, I’d like an option to at least communicate rules for that raid. I think it is impractical to have the guild leader to do all this communication, esp. as he is in a different time zone.

• Ambassador wrote: »
    Do you know you can already put a message in a banner, for the whole guild to see ?
    underage accounts cannot see chat banner

It would be nice to have raid rules in the raid area instead of having to boot mol Eliza's since you can't tell them the raid rules and they can't see chat banners
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Kyno wrote: »
    The dev team have stated they will not give control over someone else's game play, so you would only be able to prohibit and then someone could just ignore it.

I understand the intention here, but the issue is that by doing so they give control over someone else’s gameplay not only to the guild officers/leaders, but to all guild member that can solo a raid. I cannot understand how the current situation is better.

Btw I’d be totally fine with an option like in TB where the player can overrule the commands from the officers/leaders. Often enough in our guild the higher level players do not purposefully “steal” the raid. It’s just not obvious enough which raid we are playing and how rules change from one raid to the other.

Also, thanks for sharing the earlier statement from the devs.

• Naraic wrote: »
    You control your guild by communicating not by dictating with game tools and limiting how people can play.

And my main complaint here is that I am not having the tools to communicate the rules. Is that too much to ask? Esp. As appropriate tools exist in other parts of the game.
  • Yoda is RIGHT the prob is the inability to Communicate with all members, 1 Line in a chat isnt sufficient

2 Contrary to devs intent, It is beneficial even necessary for guild leaders to be able to set perameters for guild raids! I'm Not saying control a players regular daily play, but when you are doing a guild wide raid, the leader needs to make it accessable to those its intended for, Having tools that define who can or can't be in an event while in a guild should be left to the leaders of the guild, otherwise why have guilds at all. You can learn alot if you use raiads to test players squads. And many times people either don't or cant read boards

In EVERY other game guild raid evsents can be tailored by guild leaders, ie setting who can enter who cant, whatlvls are allowed etc..

I run my guild fairly, but i will kick any members from lvl 1 to 85 who intentionally steals a raid..I dont care if he started day 1, what matters is that all in guild have a chance, not just a few