Galactic War just doesn't work at all - serious changes needed.

Hi everyone.

In advance sorry for my englisch, I hope my post is understand-able.

Devs had 4 goals when creating GW and making changes:

1) Provide a real challenge to players. In other words: it’s meant to be hard!

Not working at all. For me most of time it's impossible. I'm level 58, my team is about 17k 5*, in last 6 fights i'm getting teams 5* - 6* purple teams with 60-68 lvl. My friend plays on the same server, he's level 56, his team is about 16k and he rarely hits team over 55 lvl. He finish GW everyday without any problems, many times in autoplay... LOL. This aspect is sick. People are afraid of leveling or placing high on arena because GW is getting insane for them. IMHO GW should be the same for everyone. Start with 37lvl opponents, then 40,43,46 to 70 in last fight. Upgrading your teams or having more strong characters should make GW easier, not harder. It's so wrong.

2) Provide a place in the game where your entire collection can be brought to bear. Potentially every character can help you succeed (more on this below).

Not working. It's all about healers. You can't succed in GW wihtout healers. Fresh f2p players can't succed wihtout Lumi and JC. Everyday you face similare teams - Dooku, Lumi, Sid etc. You must get the healers through all GW, changing other characters and sending suicide squads before trying to take out teams 5-10 lvl higher than you. Trying to have wider bench with stronger characters made the GW much more difficult for me.

3) Provide a “war of attrition” where health is persisted as you progressed in battles, not as you danced in and out of a given battle as was previously happening.

Not working at all. It's still the same dance. With insane difficulty and enemies always making the same moves you must enter fight, play few moves, most of times you will miss your hits, enemy will kill your essentials characters. Then you retreat and reapeat the same fight trying to hit another enemy and see the result, reatreat, change one character, reatreat, try hit different enemies, retreat, try, retreat, try, retreat, try until you discover winning pattern or give up because fight is impossible to beat. Never ending trail and error retreating dance - another sick aspect of GW.

4) And this will have more impact as the meta continues to expand,) provide a place where there’s an ever-evolving set of challenges in terms of which characters / parties / builds can be most effective.

Not working. As I wrote earlier we face the same teams everyday and it's all about healers. Surviving and healing.

CG please make something with GW, right now it sucks so much and your goals are not achieved at all...

Replies

• I think you should write, "not working" at least 34 more times.
  • Healers
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    GW works great for me, not sure what your problem is.
  • i am 36/36 in GW. last 3 days, i have lost 0 characters. Maybe you just suck?
  • and before you cry whale, i spent a total of 50 dollars on chromium packs.
  • Kesiss wrote: »
    and before you cry whale

lol that just sounds odd..
  • TheVinegru wrote: »
    I think you should write, "not working" at least 34 more times.

This made me laugh so hard
  • jagram wrote: »
    Hi everyone.

In advance sorry for my englisch, I hope my post is understand-able.

Devs had 4 goals when creating GW and making changes:

1) Provide a real challenge to players. In other words: it’s meant to be hard!

Not working at all. For me most of time it's impossible. I'm level 58, my team is about 17k 5*, in last 6 fights i'm getting teams 5* - 6* purple teams with 60-68 lvl. My friend plays on the same server, he's level 56, his team is about 16k and he rarely hits team over 55 lvl. He finish GW everyday without any problems, many times in autoplay... LOL. This aspect is sick. People are afraid of leveling or placing high on arena because GW is getting insane for them. IMHO GW should be the same for everyone. Start with 37lvl opponents, then 40,43,46 to 70 in last fight. Upgrading your teams or having more strong characters should make GW easier, not harder. It's so wrong.

2) Provide a place in the game where your entire collection can be brought to bear. Potentially every character can help you succeed (more on this below).

Not working. It's all about healers. You can't succed in GW wihtout healers. Fresh f2p players can't succed wihtout Lumi and JC. Everyday you face similare teams - Dooku, Lumi, Sid etc. You must get the healers through all GW, changing other characters and sending suicide squads before trying to take out teams 5-10 lvl higher than you. Trying to have wider bench with stronger characters made the GW much more difficult for me.

3) Provide a “war of attrition” where health is persisted as you progressed in battles, not as you danced in and out of a given battle as was previously happening.

Not working at all. It's still the same dance. With insane difficulty and enemies always making the same moves you must enter fight, play few moves, most of times you will miss your hits, enemy will kill your essentials characters. Then you retreat and reapeat the same fight trying to hit another enemy and see the result, reatreat, change one character, reatreat, try hit different enemies, retreat, try, retreat, try, retreat, try until you discover winning pattern or give up because fight is impossible to beat. Never ending trail and error retreating dance - another sick aspect of GW.

4) And this will have more impact as the meta continues to expand,) provide a place where there’s an ever-evolving set of challenges in terms of which characters / parties / builds can be most effective.

Not working. As I wrote earlier we face the same teams everyday and it's all about healers. Surviving and healing.

CG please make something with GW, right now it sucks so much and your goals are not achieved at all...

There is something broken in the games setup. It's either impossible or boringly easy.
    Friday I was wiped out by node 5. Saturday and Sunday I finished with 1 character and no characters lost respectively. Yesterday I hit a wall at node 4. It's crazy.
  • I have not been able to get past the 6th or 7th spot for weeks.

I am a level 66 oplayer, but my highest toon is only level 22.

I start meeting 7* level 66 plus on the second/third node and by the 5th battle I am up against 3-4 7* and the rest 6* level 70 player..

I get absolutely decimated. Usually lose 2 or 3 players before I even get a turn.

And I run 2 healers.

My Arena team tops out around 125ish.
  • Snoochiebear
    292 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Right now I am on the 7th spot and I am facing

7* level 70 Sid
    7* level 70 Opress
    6* level 70 Talia
    6* level 70 Dooku
    7* level 70 Luminara

I run
    5* QGJ level 62
    4* rey level 60
    4* Dooku level 58
    7* Luminara level 62
    7* JC level 62
  • This is my 2nd node today

7* leia, daka, rey, lumi and sid

Unbelievable, with the AI having the unfair advantage on everything this is insanely hard to beat, i got 14 maxed out characters and im still having a hard time

Devs if youre gonna put these ridiculous teams in from node 2 until node 12 can you af least make the AI fair so leia doesnt shoot 3 times every time and daka doesnt revive everyone every time? I appreciate a challenge but this is just over the top stupid, starting to regret spending money on this bugged unfair mess of a game
  • with the AI having the unfair advantage on everything

Didn't you hear? Daka resurrecting everyone and stunning you 100% of the time is a figment of your imagination.
  • I am a level 66 oplayer, but my highest toon is only level 22.

Am I reading this right? You're level 66 but your characters are only lvl 22 and below? How did that happen?
  • I am a level 66 oplayer, but my highest toon is only level 22.

Am I reading this right? You're level 66 but your characters are only lvl 22 and below? How did that happen?

my bad, typo...level 62.
  • speaking of Daka....how can she resurrect herself?

Happened just now...

managed to sqeaze past the spot I posted a few posts up....only to hit

All level 68
    7* sid
    7* Ren
    7* Daka
    7* Phasma
    7* Lumi

I managed to Kill Daka, but then on the start of the next turn, she reappeared and healed everyone.