Farming Veteran Smuggler Chewbacca?

Prev1
I don't wanna. But I know I haveta.

But do you think I have to do it NOWWW? The Rey event won't be back for a good long while, based upon past experience, LOL. So there's no immediate rush. Right? Because he sort of sucks.

What are you guys farming in cantina nowadays?

Replies

• Do it now. You don't want to put it off and then not have time when she rolls around again.
  • Do it now. You don't want to put it off and then not have time when she rolls around again.

I feel in my heart that you're right, lol, but I'm so not excited about farming him! =/ If it's going to be 6 months or longer before Rey returns, I might at least farm Plo Koon first (I have him at 5 stars, and he has a cantina node AND a dark side node, AND he's costs less in Cantina to farm... so I figure I'd get him pretty quickly). But if it's coming back sooner, you're right and I have to just bite bullet.

Anyone have any idea when the Rey event might return, anyway??
  • SamuraiUX wrote: »

If she follows the precedent set by CLS, sometime in April probably. Possibly for Star Wars Day in early May.
  • Cls came first time in August I think. So a little above 4 months
  • Veteran Smuggler Chewbacca's not bad. He's just not going to get you very far in Arena compared to the other characters available to you if you're in a position to farm him. But for Territory Wars and Territory Battles you'll find situations where he's going to help, and in a couple months you'll use him to unlock Rey and then you'll feel like a right silly person for having slacked off.

Long story short, just do it now to get it done with. Your roster's at the point where if you're not ready for Rey by the next time she comes around (unless it's tomorrow or something, lol) you've got no one to blame but yourself.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Long story short, just do it now to get it done with. Your roster's at the point where if you're not ready for Rey by the next time she comes around (unless it's tomorrow or something, lol) you've got no one to blame but yourself.

So the funny part about this is that "Do the dishes now and get it done with! If the kitchen's a mess you've got no one to blame but yourself!" has no impact on me. But I'm going to stop waffling and take your advice because I am way more conscientious and responsible in SWGOH than I am in real life. LOL!
    Do it now. You don't want to put it off and then not have time when she rolls around again.

I feel in my heart that you're right, lol, but I'm so not excited about farming him! =/ If it's going to be 6 months or longer before Rey returns, I might at least farm Plo Koon first (I have him at 5 stars, and he has a cantina node AND a dark side node, AND he's costs less in Cantina to farm... so I figure I'd get him pretty quickly). But if it's coming back sooner, you're right and I have to just bite bullet.

What would make you put plo above vet chewie? Lol
  • I'm in the exact same position - just finished Han yesterday and I've never been less excited about finishing a 16 energy Cantina farm because...Chewie. Meanwhile, just a few nodes down the road, there's Sith Trooper, Sass, and.....Death Trooper calling my name....

• To be honest, he is actually a pretty good character in the game (as previously stated by NicWester). He doesn't fit into an arena team composition but that does not rule out his viability throughout the other areas of gameplay. I regularly use mine in TW and TB battles and have even put him into my heist team. Unless you have a much better target for your cantina energy such as mods or CHS, I would follow the advice of the others here and finish him off.
    But I'm going to stop waffling and take your advice because I am way more conscientious and responsible in SWGOH than I am in real life. LOL!

Yeah, I think most of us are. Good luck! I'm 125 away from being done with him, too... Then I can finally farm mods for the bajillion characters that don't have them because there are just too many valuable characters in the Cantina.........
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    If it's important to you, then you should just do it now. There is always going to be someone to farm, you don't want to get distracted and miss out the second time around.
    What are you guys farming in cantina nowadays?

I try to make my own farming decisions instead of just following the crowd. So when many (most?) were panic farming the Vets for the initial ReyJ release, I decided to finally finish Death Trooper instead, because the very long single hard-node Krennic farm was almost done and I wanted to actually use them. Since I finished DT, I've gotten Vet Han to 7-star. Now I'm working on finishing Sith Trooper, which had been languishing at 5-star for way too long (he's now 8/100, and should be 7-star in 9 or 10 days... finally usable in all game modes). Then, I'll get serious about farming Vet Chewie. Unless ReyJ comes back much earlier than I expect, I shouldn't have any issues getting her next time. And that's perfectly fine with me.

BTW: Death Trooper is a great character, and I don't regret my decision to forego the Vets to complete him in the slightest. He is fantastic in DSTB, TW, and against NS in arena. And not having ReyJ hasn't effected my arena rankings at all.

• CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I do think there's something to be said for forgetting about events and just farming exactly who you like. Eventually the event will pop up that you have everyone up and ready for.

Just not CUP ;)

• I'm not....at least not yet. I've got 15 or so shards for CHS left, gotta finish him since next LSTB I'll 7* ROLO. Then I'm taking a solid month off to do some much needed, and delayed mod farming. Then I'll get to them....maybe.
  • SamuraiUX
    265 posts Member
    edited January 2018

What would make you put plo above vet chewie? Lol

I think, as others have said, "I feel like it." LOL! I have a group of terrible, weak Jedis (don't get me wrong, they're all geared up and 7*, that's just how Jedis apparently roll in this game) and I think Plo Koon, as another weak Jedi, will make a great addition. ; ) What can I say?

I have similarly stupid reasons for wanting to farm Gar Saxon and the Supercommando. And believe it or not, I still don't have Lando. So many rebels!
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • I just started a second account and don't have him in my first so I don't know anything about him. But I got him in a chromium pack and he's now one of my starting characters. Can anyone tell me if he's worth putting energy into (I won't be in any position to do the next JTR event) or is he just another throw away character like Jedi Knight Guardian that I'll never use?
  • YKMisfit wrote: »
    ...if he's worth putting energy into (I won't be in any position to do the next JTR event) or is he just another throw away character like Jedi Knight Guardian that I'll never use?

By himself, he's decidedly mediocre. In combination with Veteran Smuggler Han, he's a little better than mediocre. It depends on who else you have to work with - he's not TERRIBLE. But there are better characters to build first, probably. If you post your roster I'll have some better suggestions.

This, absolutely.
  • crzydroid
    7296 posts Moderator
    It will be back in 4 months tops from the last day. Chimaera coming early shows it might be back in three.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    crzydroid wrote: »
    It will be back in 4 months tops from the last day. Chimaera coming early shows it might be back in three.

"Might" I agree with but "4 months top" seems more likely than certain. Everything is always subject to change.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • spicynachosupreme1
    507 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    SamuraiUX wrote: »
    YKMisfit wrote: »
    ...if he's worth putting energy into (I won't be in any position to do the next JTR event) or is he just another throw away character like Jedi Knight Guardian that I'll never use?

By himself, he's decidedly mediocre. In combination with Veteran Smuggler Han, he's a little better than mediocre. It depends on who else you have to work with - he's not TERRIBLE. But there are better characters to build first, probably. If you post your roster I'll have some better suggestions.

I havent seen any players g12 either of these characters. I imagine they would kick some kitten at g12

I havent seen any players g12 either of these characters. I imagine they would kick some **** at g12

cant say boo tay lol
  • I’m farming them now. Though I don’t want too:( just Incase
  • The vets wil take roughly 2 months even with 3 daily refreshes so I'd start right now
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    SamuraiUX wrote: »

I havent seen any players g12 either of these characters. I imagine they would kick some kitten at g12

there is one with both vets at g12 in my arena. trust me, they are good. Are they CLS Han Solo Jedi Rey level? Probably not. But for sure they are better than 90% of characters. Had they been Rebel or Resistance or even both, they would have kicked some major butts.
    Post edited by Anakin_Skywalker on
  • I'm farming Vet Chewie at the moment since I already finished Vet Han to 7* and that's how I roll. If I miss out on a first run of an event, I farm/gear up the required characters for the event so that the next time it comes I don't have to worry about anything except for maybe some mod swapping. However, I'm not refreshing much for him because my drop rate for him sucks. If I get a good (and by good I mean a 2/2 run of a sim) then I'll refresh to hope to let that ride, but if I don't, then I'm not going to waste my crystals.

After I finish him, I'm going for DT for the Tie Reaper and Krennic since I'm doing Krennic from the Guild Event Store. xD
  • When the Vets became F2P, I decided they were good enough to be worth farming for themselves, but I didn't stand a chance to reach JT Rey, so I didn't panic farmed them. Chewie is finished, and Han is coming along now. I think they're underestimated and can do wonders in some lineups - just haven't figured out which quite yet
  • See starkiller1's videos about using the vets in arena.
  • Farming him and now about 50 shards left. Then it ll be vet han
  • Had they been Rebel or Resistance or even both, they would have kicked some major butts.

I think this is the thing. They don't GO anywhere in particular. They're strong enough but they have no synergy with anyone but one another.

...Very Han and Chewie, I guess. LOL.