NS Spirit vs. NS Acolyte

Exactly as the title says, I'm trying to choose. The easy answer is Acolyte, because I have her fully starred and it's impossible to do the same for Spirit. Also, Acolyte cheese is GOOD cheese, especially in the Arena.

But I've been reading that perhaps the optimal combination actually replaces Acolyte with Spirit (MT lead, Daka, Ventress, Zombie being the other team members). I only ever see Acolyte in Arena, but maybe no one's been willing to break with tradition? I dunno. I could gear spirit up good and proper and see what happens? But I'm already at G10 with Acoltye so it's a gamble Before I did, I figured I'd ask your thoughts!

And thank you for them!

SamUX

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Not having geared spirit myself, I am only going off what I hear. But yes spirit will be a better toon for a NS team, although I see them as basically interchangeable with acolyte being over all more useful due to stars (TBs and such)
  • I would say spirit is a great choice. I have her 7 star and gear 11 and she hits like a truck. 25k crit on basic and usually around 35/40k on her special. Plus the turn meter removal is handy :)
  • If The NS team has spirit instead of acolyte, I win every time.. acolyte needs aoe to kill if zombie is present so makes it harder for me when there is no room for aoe characters on my meta team
  • Go_Cubs
    62 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I really like Spirits kit and was able to take out a 100k JTR team with a 66k under geared. I'm working on her now as a permanent replacement for NA.
  • Go_Cubs
    62 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    https://i.imgur.com/YqIiInv.jpg
    Pic is with a G11 MT (zeta lead), G12 Assaj (zeta unique), G10 Old Daka, G10 Zombie, G9 Spirit.
  • I started with Acolyte on that team, but now I’m running Spirit (4*), and it’s better.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Spirit is going to be better offensively, but Acolyte will basically negate anyone without strong AOE or an AOE dispel from going through you unless you have next no zetas in your team and your team is far worse modded than your opponents. Acolyte will guaranteed hold better on defense, but Spirit is definitely the better choice for an offensive team as the AI is dumb anyways and can't kill NS even without the cheese acolyte stealth.
  • I personally think it depends on your leader....for Talzin lead go Acolyte...for Assaj go spirit. The extra damage from spirit boosted by the Assaj offense bonus is Big, plus it’s another stun. Foresight may not be as evasive as stealth, but it’s still nice.

I am tempted to buy spirit from shipments for crystals when she appears there as I run Assaj lead and I think she is a great fit.
  • scuba
    14042 posts Member
    When I played around with spirit she was a Thrawn fracture magnet.
    CLS would debuff zombie and then Thrawn would fracture spirit so she was useful for 1 attack.
    Maybe now that Thrawn is dropping off more teams I might consider her again.
  • I'm not sure why, but in 5 battles today against Thrawn he fractured Spirit every single time. Good catch on that one @Scuba. Him and DN are the 2 that give me the most trouble.
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I wouldn't be too worried about not having Spirit. I know she hits hard. Yeah she is Han Solo for NS squad. But I like Acolyte better. Having a character that you know will never die (at least on offense) is always good. Not only that, she will call Talzin/Asajj/Daka on her basic after they are dead.
  • The stun, TM removal & clearing out buffs come in handy. I use/will use NA in TW because she does hold better on defense and can be a pain. The problem for me is I don't have her at g12, so R2's burn under JTR can take her out.
  • scuba
    14042 posts Member
    Go_Cubs wrote: »
    I'm not sure why, but in 5 battles today against Thrawn he fractured Spirit every single time. Good catch on that one Scuba. Him and DN are the 2 that give me the most trouble.

Thrawn AI will target a character with a buff.
    Spirit is fast and will most likely have fs buff when he is going to use fracture.
  • I have maxed nightsisters zzTalzin, ZAsajj, zDaka, acolyte all of them g12. My zombie is gear 6. I use acolyte. It’s better on defense. Which means you don’t move up in squad arena, people avoid your team with acolyte.

While spirit may have a cool kit, Spirit is an easy target. Acolyte is better
  • Been able to take 1st with Spirit and the last couple of days I did fall into the upper teens (about the same as AA, Titans, or GK). I will test Acolyte on defense, but I'm the only one running NS in my shard so I'm a target sometimes due to the limited variety of teams.