I would pay for a soft reset

I honestly would pay to have all my characters and mods delivered and all the resources I pumped into them (credits, ability mats, gear) returned to me so I can reallocate them as I see fit

Replies

  • Sorry for the double post. I made this post on my phone and under the assumption that it would bring me to the discussion page when it posted, I kept clicking "post"
  • No worries! This is an interesting idea. What crystal cost would you suggest?
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • It would not happen though, defeats the grind aspect and everyone would have the OP toons maxed
  • No worries! This is an interesting idea. What crystal cost would you suggest?

    I would honestly pay up to 15 dollars or the equivalent in crystals
    It would not happen though, defeats the grind aspect and everyone would have the OP toons maxed

    I feel it would mainly be for f2p people who don't have the extensive amounts of money to drop on the game to have a chance to catch back up to the meta after investing in a bad team
  • Kyno
    31571 posts Moderator
    hsof777 wrote: »
    No worries! This is an interesting idea. What crystal cost would you suggest?

    I would honestly pay up to 15 dollars or the equivalent in crystals
    It would not happen though, defeats the grind aspect and everyone would have the OP toons maxed

    I feel it would mainly be for f2p people who don't have the extensive amounts of money to drop on the game to have a chance to catch back up to the meta after investing in a bad team

    With most of the pricing and the ability to avoid the grind, $15 is probably on the cheap side. That's $15 to adapt to the meta over night, crush raids, and really key in on TBs and TW......
  • Kyno wrote: »
    hsof777 wrote: »
    No worries! This is an interesting idea. What crystal cost would you suggest?

    I would honestly pay up to 15 dollars or the equivalent in crystals
    It would not happen though, defeats the grind aspect and everyone would have the OP toons maxed

    I feel it would mainly be for f2p people who don't have the extensive amounts of money to drop on the game to have a chance to catch back up to the meta after investing in a bad team

    With most of the pricing and the ability to avoid the grind, $15 is probably on the cheap side. That's $15 to adapt to the meta over night, crush raids, and really key in on TBs and TW......

    yeah I mean it does add up quickly. Do it four times and you paid how much you pay for a normal game, ie 60 dollars.

    I know personally I would just like a way too uninvest some gear from characters I haven't touched in years
  • Syrup_Chugger3
    2172 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    hsof777 wrote: »
    No worries! This is an interesting idea. What crystal cost would you suggest?

    I would honestly pay up to 15 dollars or the equivalent in crystals
    It would not happen though, defeats the grind aspect and everyone would have the OP toons maxed

    I feel it would mainly be for f2p people who don't have the extensive amounts of money to drop on the game to have a chance to catch back up to the meta after investing in a bad team

    Well there's plenty of YouTube videos, forums posts etc to know which direction to take, I've invested in poor toons, meh whatever I learned and moved on.(to clarify I'm pretty much f2p, I maybe spend $20 a month) and like kyno said, everyone could pay, get all the gear credits, crystals etc back and build the meta teams. And that wouldn't be very fun in my opinion

    It would be nice in a sense though, if anything did come up like this it would cost wayyyyy more than $15, especially when whales invest $200-$300 on packs for one character
  • Kyno
    31571 posts Moderator
    hsof777 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    hsof777 wrote: »
    No worries! This is an interesting idea. What crystal cost would you suggest?

    I would honestly pay up to 15 dollars or the equivalent in crystals
    It would not happen though, defeats the grind aspect and everyone would have the OP toons maxed

    I feel it would mainly be for f2p people who don't have the extensive amounts of money to drop on the game to have a chance to catch back up to the meta after investing in a bad team

    With most of the pricing and the ability to avoid the grind, $15 is probably on the cheap side. That's $15 to adapt to the meta over night, crush raids, and really key in on TBs and TW......

    yeah I mean it does add up quickly. Do it four times and you paid how much you pay for a normal game, ie 60 dollars.

    I know personally I would just like a way too uninvest some gear from characters I haven't touched in years

    It would only take me 1 time to have an amazingly useful roster, mine is good for me now, but I would crush it if I could just do this once.

    As said above people are dropping 200-300 for just a toon never mind gear, another 15 to then have that toon fully geared is a drop in the bucket.

    But I agree if priced right it could be an I interesting revenue stream. I feel like the price would be too much and that ability for some to do that would cause a bigger divide and be too disheartening for many players.
  • Kyno
    31571 posts Moderator
    Also, everyone would have a green gear zombie if this was an available option. Haha
  • Since there seems to be a large gap in what the OP is willing to spend and Kyno's estimate of the value perhaps it could be looked at from the perspective of, what might you get for $15-$20?

    Maybe for $20 you get a few (3? 5?) tokens that can be used to remove one gear level. Have Plo at G9 and really want those two stun cuffs and droid caller? Use a token to remove all G9 gear and place it in your inventory. Can only be used on the current (incomplete) gear level and will drop the charter down one gear level.

    Maybe for a small crystal cost (50? 100?) you can remove one gear price with a high chance that it breaks into prototypes and salvages and some are destroyed in the process so you end up short of a full piece.

    Maybe for some GET (500? 1000?) you can buy a token that lets you move a gear piece from one character to another (only from an incomplete gear level of course).

    CG doesn't seem to make to many of these types of player friendly changes but it's nice to throw ideas out in case one strikes their fancy.
  • hsof777
    94 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    jhbuchholz wrote: »
    Since there seems to be a large gap in what the OP is willing to spend and Kyno's estimate of the value perhaps it could be looked at from the perspective of, what might you get for $15-$20?

    Maybe for $20 you get a few (3? 5?) tokens that can be used to remove one gear level. Have Plo at G9 and really want those two stun cuffs and droid caller? Use a token to remove all G9 gear and place it in your inventory. Can only be used on the current (incomplete) gear level and will drop the charter down one gear level.

    Maybe for a small crystal cost (50? 100?) you can remove one gear price with a high chance that it breaks into prototypes and salvages and some are destroyed in the process so you end up short of a full piece.

    Maybe for some GET (500? 1000?) you can buy a token that lets you move a gear piece from one character to another (only from an incomplete gear level of course).

    CG doesn't seem to make to many of these types of player friendly changes but it's nice to throw ideas out in case one strikes their fancy.

    Maybe $5 per character for a full strip?
  • I think this idea sounds cool but to play devils advocate, it completely defeats the purpose of a game like this. The whole point of this game is managing your resources to have the best roster you can. You will absolutely make mistakes along the way and you'll gear characters for an event but after that you probably won't use them again. If I had it my way, I'd take back almost all the gear I have on my First Order team because I don't use them for anything else right now. But I needed them for Offense mod challenges and BB8 so they were worth the investment.
  • R4D4
    79 posts Member
    phatphil3 wrote: »
    I think this idea sounds cool but to play devils advocate, it completely defeats the purpose of a game like this. The whole point of this game is managing your resources to have the best roster you can. You will absolutely make mistakes along the way and you'll gear characters for an event but after that you probably won't use them again. If I had it my way, I'd take back almost all the gear I have on my First Order team because I don't use them for anything else right now. But I needed them for Offense mod challenges and BB8 so they were worth the investment.

    I disagree, only because the devs are changing the meta all the time. Every time they add a character, they destroy most current meta. If the meta was set, and unaffected by these changes so much then reset wouldnçt be needed.

    On the OP, I love the idea, but I would only allow 1 reset a year, and that would mean all toons get to be reset.
    Mind that gearing them up would eat a lot of credits too, so effectively setting you back $15 or more and still draining you on millions of credits back.
  • Shenanigans052
    1681 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    As someone who worked his way into top 20 arena mostly free I'd be **** if players below me were allowed to do this and catch up after all the hard work I put into getting up there. I made plenty of mistakes of my own you just need to move on and earn your progress.
  • Kyno
    31571 posts Moderator
    As someone who worked his way into top 20 arena mostly free I'd be **** if players below me were allowed to do this and catch up after all the hard work I put into getting up there. I made plenty of mistakes of my own you just need to move on and earn your progress.

    This is the real reason it would never happen, no matter the cost, someone doing it a single time would cause a huge shift in so many aspects of the game.
  • Shenanigans052
    1681 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Kyno wrote: »
    As someone who worked his way into top 20 arena mostly free I'd be **** if players below me were allowed to do this and catch up after all the hard work I put into getting up there. I made plenty of mistakes of my own you just need to move on and earn your progress.

    This is the real reason it would never happen, no matter the cost, someone doing it a single time would cause a huge shift in so many aspects of the game.

    Damnit kyno, I never agree with you so let's not make this a thing ok? :smiley:
  • DRV
    173 posts Member
    1 full stun gun is 2541 crystals and it costs 20$ for 2800 crystals. No way they'd let you redistribute for a couple hundred crystals. Or even remove one stun gun for that price. With that pricing scheme, I would guess a full soft reset would be priced in the 10s of thousands of crystals.
  • I doubt it would even be possible. Let's not forget the significant "engineering" feat it is to fix something as simple as a raid ticket counter.

    I would be for a one-time annually soft reset, for $5, however.
  • Kyno
    31571 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »
    As someone who worked his way into top 20 arena mostly free I'd be **** if players below me were allowed to do this and catch up after all the hard work I put into getting up there. I made plenty of mistakes of my own you just need to move on and earn your progress.

    This is the real reason it would never happen, no matter the cost, someone doing it a single time would cause a huge shift in so many aspects of the game.

    Damnit kyno, I never agree with you so let's not make this a thing ok? :smiley:

    It was bound to happen at least once.
  • R4D4 wrote: »
    phatphil3 wrote: »
    I think this idea sounds cool but to play devils advocate, it completely defeats the purpose of a game like this. The whole point of this game is managing your resources to have the best roster you can. You will absolutely make mistakes along the way and you'll gear characters for an event but after that you probably won't use them again. If I had it my way, I'd take back almost all the gear I have on my First Order team because I don't use them for anything else right now. But I needed them for Offense mod challenges and BB8 so they were worth the investment.

    I disagree, only because the devs are changing the meta all the time. Every time they add a character, they destroy most current meta. If the meta was set, and unaffected by these changes so much then reset wouldnçt be needed.

    On the OP, I love the idea, but I would only allow 1 reset a year, and that would mean all toons get to be reset.
    Mind that gearing them up would eat a lot of credits too, so effectively setting you back $15 or more and still draining you on millions of credits back.

    Oo oo I really like the one time annual idea. So much happens in a year and the meta is so vastly different by then.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    I like the idea, and in theory it is good, but like others have said it defeats the purpose of the game to me. Costing money would further divide the playerbase i feel, and when characters get left behind (dark side Droids for example, and Jedi), you could just pay to get all those resources back to spend on useful characters. Kind of defeats the purpose.

    What I may support is a way to geta zeta back. For example I want my zeta in Sidious back as it is pretty useless right now, and has been for a long time.
Sign In or Register to comment.