GW - from super easy to super hard in just 3 days

Vodo
332 posts Member
OK, I already posted this in General yesterday, but somebody merged my posts with another thread about GW difficulty increasing dramaticaly at lvl60, but that has nothing to do with what I experienced, so I will try to post in this section here again.

So here's my post from yesterday:

Vodo wrote: »
For the last 3 weeks GW was super easy for me. I usually faced teams 10 lvl under my own up to about my lvl. I completed GW every day, sometimes even without using a single of my main chars. During this time GW was the most fun part of the game for me because I could play around with my B- and C-squad guys and try different team comps and tactics.

2 days ago everything changed. I could only do the first 3 fights with my B-squad, then I had to switch to my main team. At node 11 I faced a full lvl70 team (my highest char is 65), the last fight was 67/68 guys, overall it was pretty hard, but doable.

Yesterday, I already faced a full purple lvl65+ team at the second node. At node 7 I got this team:

S5Xqp7c.jpg

I had to retreat 3 times but still wasn't able to win without loosing a toon. I was hoping for an easier fight next but unfortunatly....:

63ePjp7.jpg

I tried a few times but couldn't make it without loosing more toons. So game over here for me:-(

I really don't understand. How can GW be that easy for weeks and then suddenly become that hard within two days?

I don't even know how it's supposed to work. Should it be easy? Hard, but barely doable? Anyhow, please EA/CG, find a way to KEEP IT MORE CONSTANT. Thx.

Ps: I hope I didn't loose the most fun part of the game permanently.

Since then, it didn't get any better. Yesterday was hard, but I made it all the way up to the 11th node. Today was even harder, I couldn't even pass node 10.

So for 3 days I couldn't complete GW anymore. And let me say it again, GW was the best part of the game for me. I don't like farming much (who does?), and most of this game is just farming. I'm not a huge arena fan, it's all about speed and damage there, and that's not exactly my style. I take tactics over pure damage every day. And that's exactly what I liked about GW, having 12 fights in a row that don't cost energy and that I can reset as often as I like, to try out different teams and tactics with my B- and C-squad.

Well, looks like those days are gone. I can't do this anymore because GW is so hard now, that my B- and C-squad guys (mostly around lvl60, 4 or 5 stars, most purple, some still blue gear) can't do much there. I used them as bantha fooder for some of the really hard fights yesterday and today and IIRC I couldn't kill a single enemy before my whole team tasted dust.

And this means that there is no more reason for me to farm new chars. All I could do is max out my main team. But what for? To be able to complete a part of the game which I was already able to complete every single day for 3 weeks? Nah.

When I don't get new chars I have to farm a lot less. No need for additional training droids, credits & gear. And less farming means less refreshes. Less refreshes means less crystals spent. Less crystals spent means less real money spent. I never was a big spender but I spent about 100€ since I play, I don't regret it, I had fun, so no complaints here. There's just no reason for me to keep spending. So I may still play a bit when I'm bored, 'cause somehow I really like the game, but I guess that's about it.

So long, folks and I really hope that my feedback helps EA/CG to improve this important part of the game.

Replies

• Yeah, I second this. GW is the most appealing point...you know what isn't appealing?

My 5th battle in a row against a squad of lv 70 purple toons...in only the 8th battle of GW. At this point there is no strategy. I can't sub in my 50-60 level characters cause everyone has Sidious on their team and on turn one, action one half my team is gone.

I'm gonna grind as far as I can get but I'm probably not finishing GW.
  • Yeah, I second this. GW is the most appealing point...you know what isn't appealing?

My 5th battle in a row against a squad of lv 70 purple toons...in only the 8th battle of GW. At this point there is no strategy. I can't sub in my 50-60 level characters cause everyone has Sidious on their team and on turn one, action one half my team is gone.

I'm gonna grind as far as I can get but I'm probably not finishing GW.

Correction, 10 battles in a row against level 70 purple toons and you know what EA? I **** won! Suck on that!
  • It's definitely gotten harder over the past few weeks. I've never been able to get past battle 8 :/
  • baevar
    53 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Came here to talk about exactly this. In short, sub 70 players should not be paired against extremely well established 70's ever. I was paired against one with 7* almost the whole team, all full purple, all lvl 70 toons yesterday as a lvl 67 myself. I've pulled some incredible upsets before but the Rey was hitting me for 11k on the first turn, no buffs. Enough to drop anyone on my team. (Ironically I was thinking her 9k crit was the highest I'd ever seen the fight b4) By the time I could kill her with any lineup, 2 toons were dead already and she was the only 5*...the "weakest link" lol. GW is fun when it's about tactics, getting paired with a completely impossible matchup where characters are dead before you even get a turn is not fun at all. Dead from 100% - 0 before my taunter gets a turn. I just gave up and reset as even when I tried 2 different B squads, they were going to get wiped without a single kill. It was an instant, arbitrary, "Game Over." Like the OP I've been beating GW's handily for a while although my degree and frequency of curse words would vary. I thought the degree of difficulty was good. I could fight fights well above my level, and win with the right tactics, often revising them frequently...but fully geared and established 70's are a different league altogether, the fight is over before it starts which is just plain boring and disappointing and leaves you feeling cheated.
  • Chaxis
    40 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Just to add my name to the list of players screwed over in GW.
    Before yesterday's update I was completing GW,now failed because of difficulty.
    My chars are lvl 52,how are they supposed to defeat lvl 64 chars ?
    Barely got off the starting line today before wiped out.