Still the absolute worst at ships. Sudoku my fleet for me!

I don't care much about ships: enough to wish I were better, but not enough to spend energy and crystals purposely farming them (I spend a lot of my rewards on them, though, since I've already got most of the characters I want from GW, Cantina, Guild Store, etc).

But I never win at ships, basically. I think the AI plays better than I do, because when I play I just instantly lose. The Death Star appears (is this only in MY game?) and a giant green laser vaporizes my entire fleet. I'm the worst.

Here's my ships roster: https://swgoh.gg/u/ahsokatano/ships/ ... let's assume I don't want to go out and farm anything new (I don't). My questions are: who should my leader be? Which ships should I have out in my initial squad and which ships should be on reinforcement? Right now, I run Mace with some ships that supposedly do stuff with target lock? Maybe some TIE fighters or something? I told you I'm the worst. But I DID just earn Chimera. I don't know if Thrawn's ship is too low level to be of any help, though.

Can you help me squeeze as much efficiency as possible out of this crapshow I have? My shard is pretty strong - a lot of my ships are 7-star with beefy pilots, but I never ever make it above, say, 280 in the ship arena.

Thanks for the help!

SamUX

Replies

• Pretty easy fix. Focus on Vader, Biggs, Imperial Tie Fighter, FO Tie Fighter, Slave 1, Bistan U-Wing, Maul, and the 8th is your choice. Tarkin Lead.

85 the ships, 85 your pilots. 7* both, 5* mods on your pilots and max Combat Abilities Omega.
  • Pretty easy fix. Focus on Vader, Biggs, Imperial Tie Fighter, FO Tie Fighter, Slave 1, Bistan U-Wing, Maul, and the 8th is your choice. Tarkin Lead.

85 the ships, 85 your pilots. 7* both, 5* mods on your pilots and max Combat Abilities Omega.

Sooo, I don't have Vader's ship. I don't have Boba Fett's ship. I don't have Maul's ship. I can't use Tarkin's lead because I can't level his ship up. I'm not going after new ships. I'm trying to work with what I have (see original post, and maybe glance at my fleet, if you feel like it). Thanks for trying, tho...
  • SamuraiUX wrote: »
    Pretty easy fix. Focus on Vader, Biggs, Imperial Tie Fighter, FO Tie Fighter, Slave 1, Bistan U-Wing, Maul, and the 8th is your choice. Tarkin Lead.

Sooo, I don't have Vader's ship. I don't have Boba Fett's ship. I don't have Maul's ship. I can't use Tarkin's lead because I can't level his ship up. I'm not going after new ships. I'm trying to work with what I have (see original post, and maybe glance at my fleet, if you feel like it). Thanks for trying, tho...
    You ask for advice and are avoiding the best possible advice anyone could give you. If you want to improve in fleet arena you're going t o have to get a little real.
  • You ask for advice and are avoiding the best possible advice anyone could give you. If you want to improve in fleet arena you're going t o have to get a little real.

I would disagree with you. I asked for specific advice, and I've only had one answer so far (and you, but you were not an answer), and no one has given me the specific advice I asked for. It's sort of like if you asked whether you should visit Japan or China and I said, "visit England! It's better!"

I'm not willing to focus on farming ships right now. I'm still using cantina for characters and mods, thank you! That's my choice! But certainly someone who is good at ships and knows what they're doing can take my mediocre lineup/arrangement and do it better. That's all I'm asking. I can get blueprints for any ship that shows up in the cantina shop, the guild store, the GW store, or the shard shop (I'm using ship shop for Zetas).

Any advice that is the actual advice I'm asking for, and not a lazy, off-the-cuff response that doesn't even take my roster into consideration would be super appreciated!

Sam UX
  • If you want to get better at ships you will need to farm better ones. You will not do good with what you have

Reaper,tfp,fotfp,biggs,tie adv. Bench scimitar,wedge,poe,Sun fac. Capital ship tarkin or thrawn
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    SamuraiUX wrote: »
    Any advice that is the actual advice I'm asking for, and not a lazy, off-the-cuff response that doesn't even take my roster into consideration would be super appreciated!

Sam UX

He is taking the character roster into account. You have a 7 star gear 10 Vader and Vader is one the best ships in the current ships meta. He was trying to take your roster into account and give you something to farm. It's like telling someone with a gear 1 jtr and a gear xii bb8 gk ob r2d2 cls to gear up their jtr and use it in a team with the others.

Anyway I don't know how to help you. You have a few ships I don't know beyond I've heard that's average to good but I don't know their kit. Good luck.
  • SamuraiUX wrote: »
    You ask for advice and are avoiding the best possible advice anyone could give you. If you want to improve in fleet arena you're going t o have to get a little real.

I would disagree with you. I asked for specific advice, and I've only had one answer so far (and you, but you were not an answer), and no one has given me the specific advice I asked for. It's sort of like if you asked whether you should visit Japan or China and I said, "visit England! It's better!"

I'm not willing to focus on farming ships right now. I'm still using cantina for characters and mods, thank you! That's my choice! But certainly someone who is good at ships and knows what they're doing can take my mediocre lineup/arrangement and do it better. That's all I'm asking. I can get blueprints for any ship that shows up in the cantina shop, the guild store, the GW store, or the shard shop (I'm using ship shop for Zetas).

Sam UX
    Right so you don't want to farm new ships but want to get better. Sorry I can't get my head around that.
  • It's cool. I see you guys are having trouble helping me. But just to give you a hint on how you might do it in the future, one of my guildmember friends suggested this: "I’d start with fives, Biggs, clone sarge, imperial tie and FO tie. Just target lock anyone you can and keep Biggs taunting. Then bring wedge off the bench with the Phoenix ships FTW."

I did as he suggested and instantly won two battles in a row. So I guess we can call this thread dead now, but I do want to let it be known that advice CAN be given without saying, "there's no way to do it!" and being snarky about it.
  • Its all about Target locks and gear levels... High gear = High GP = High speed

So Biggs, FOTP, Maul(reinforcement),TIE pilot and vader ships are the complete must haves! TIE Reaper, Bistans u-wing and Bobas ship are the ones that makes the team even better
  • crzydroid
    7286 posts Moderator
    Moved to appropriate sub.
  • Still the absolute worst at ships.[/] taking advice Sudoku my fleet for me!

This game is all about choosing which characters to farm and gear, any good advice will include that. There isn't skill in battles, progress is done by adding better ships.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I would have told you to start with Ghost, Phantom II, both TIEs, and Biggs with Ahsoka, Fives, and Wedge on the bench. Definitely wouldn't tell you to run Clone Sergeant in your fleet. He's got a target lock, but he's really slow and it has a low proc rate. In reality, his best use is as a tank. That, however, requires Plo and Mace both to be effective, and your Plo is too weak to really be viable.

You are really close to having a full Republic fleet, but you really need Rex for it to work. There are a number of other really good comps that you are close to, but they require TIE Advanced or Scimitar.

So the comp I listed looks like it would be most effective for you out of what you have in my opinion, but your fleet really needs some rare ships (only farmable from hard nodes, cantina nodes, or Fleet store) in order for it have a shot at the top top of fleet arena.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

Biggs and your two tie fighters must be starters.
    5s's ship is a great starter too, but could also be a replacement with the two phoenix ships in your starting line—up instead.
    JC's ship is great as replacement.

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Thrawn's capital ship is the strongest.
    Tarkin is second best.
    Mace's is great on offence, but weak on defence.
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Just farm Rex and roll a strong Windu fleet. All the DS tl meta ships are not unlocked yet and they do take long time. I would go for Windu, Ahsoka, Biggs, Umbaran, Rex, Plo
    and for reinforcement:
    JC, Clone Serg.,Phantom, (Ghost when cap ship becomes 7*)

Ps. Chimaera is good but G8 thrawn with 5* Chimaera is not good. plus the ships that are good with it are not unlocked. So I suggest Windu is clearly the way to go. It's not at all bad!

I think @Woodroward 's advice above should be better tuned for your current roster since I know he runs a Republic fleet and maintains the top rank. He is the expert for you.
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    It's cool. I see you guys are having trouble helping me. But just to give you a hint on how you might do it in the future...

You are genuinely hilarious Samurai! :smiley:
    I'm not willing to focus on farming ships right now. I'm still using cantina for characters and mods, thank you! That's my choice!

Then it's your choice to suck at ships then - which is perfectly fine. Don't bother asking how to improve if you don't want to consider the advice given. Wasting everyone's time.

• OP got his answer. Thread closed.
This discussion has been closed.