Platoons are not fun

I understand platoons. I understand you want to somehow *force* people to experiment with new teams. I understand you want to coerce players to buy whatever new toons you release,regardless of whether they are actually good or not. However, platoons are just not fun.

And this is a game. It's very raison d'etre is to be fun.

Platoons are not fun for f2p players, because they will simply never fill them. Even if they put in the effort, save up crystals and buy the newest release to 7*, in 2 weeks there will be a new newest release which is going straight into platoons. So why bother? Either you buy the toon because you like it, or you don't. There is no point in buying a toon to put it in platoons unless you are willing to buy all the toons to to put them in platoons. And that brings me to...

Platoons are not fun for p2p players. Nothing screams value for money as much as pressing a button to assign your fancy new p2p toon to a bingo card, where you won't get to use him for any combat at all. Bought Nightsister Zombie to 7*? Good for you! Put him in a platoon! Wicket? Same story. Or, apparently, exclusive farms such as Hoda, Wampa or JTR. Relegated to platoons, because *fun*. Does anybody seriously think people are spending ~300 USD per p2p toon or god only knows how many weeks farming to unlock an exclusive toon just to play bingo with it?

Platoons are not fun for guild officers either. Why? What's the point? We get to babysit the guild and nag people to put their Baze, that they really wanted to play with (or worse still, their shiney new FO Panda) on the Bingo card instead? Because nothing screams fun like cajoling people into doing stuff that they don't find fun and don't want to do!

And as a cherry on top, platoons are badly implemented. It started with requiring Phoenix toons for the platoons in the same phase as the Phoenix mission, which was "solved". However, in DS TB the same stuff happens with the Veers/Snowtrooper mission: hundreds of shore, death, and magma troopers in platoons. Way to add insult to injury, making an already unfun mechanic even less fun.

You know what is a well-implemented and fun way of rewarding people for developing a broad roster? TW. And it encourages experimenting with different team combinations too!

Replies