TLJ Toons Lacking

Rogue One comes out and we have 11 toons, with majority released before or right around the movie release.

The Last Jedi? Two FO toons in November, Rey Jedi Training in December, and FO Executioner in January with the month being over halfway over. Doesn’t seem like a great marketing idea to me.

Replies

• surprised that more characters havent been released. maybe one will be in Feb? the event calendar should be out soon
  • Nadebotfm wrote: »
    surprised that more characters havent been released. maybe one will be in Feb? the event calendar should be out soon

If I’m a marketer, don’t I want to capture the most sales after a movie, a time where Star Wars fanboy hype is at its highest?

Or wait until the nostalgia and excited ness runs out and you don’t care about the new toons? Lol

I hope they release a bunch soon!!!
  • Is TLJ that DVD Set on preorder already? Surprised it did not go straight to DVD release with Disney sequels like Aladdin 2.
    surprised that more characters havent been released. maybe one will be in Feb? the event calendar should be out soon

If I’m a marketer, don’t I want to capture the most sales after a movie, a time where Star Wars fanboy hype is at its highest?

Or wait until the nostalgia and excited ness runs out and you don’t care about the new toons? Lol

I 100% agree with you. Seems abit silly really. But i mean maybe they have something planned for Feb?
    Nadebotfm wrote: »

I 100% agree with you. Seems abit silly really. But i mean maybe they have something planned for Feb?

If they follow the 2018 cadence we will have exactly 12 toons in 2018 for the year
  • [/quote]

If they follow the 2018 cadence we will have exactly 12 toons in 2018 for the year[/quote]

Well i mean FO Executioner was January i guess?
  • Yeah one toon in January so far, one toon in February, one toon in March...lol
  • as long as Feb isnt Rose..........
  • Yeah one toon in January so far, one toon in February, one toon in March...lol

A TLJ Luke would be cool eventually? Maybe even Leia but I don't see them doing a TLJ Leia...
  • Bad movie equals bad characters equals none in game
  • Skittlesnacks1
    209 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    There needs to be a good resistance toon besides R2 and BB8 to go with RJT to complete the team. It's sad when Thrawn or Old Ben is the better on that team than current Poe, Finn, and Resistance Trooper.
    Yeah one toon in January so far, one toon in February, one toon in March...lol

A TLJ Luke would be cool eventually? Maybe even Leia but I don't see them doing a TLJ Leia...

Mary Poppins you mean
  • Rogue One comes out and we have 11 toons, with majority released before or right around the movie release.

The Last Jedi? Two FO toons in November, Rey Jedi Training in December, and FO Executioner in January with the month being over halfway over. Doesn’t seem like a great marketing idea to me.

I think a bigger issue is so many characters are basically carbon copies of their character from TFA. Sure Kylo & Rey changed some, but do we really need Leaking Medical Suit Finn, Insubordination Poe and bb8 2.0?

I'm digging the concept, with only a few new movie characters people will get excited about(i.e. spend $$ on) hopefully we'll get a year of CW characters.
  • Rogue One comes out and we have 11 toons, with majority released before or right around the movie release.

I think a bigger issue is so many characters are basically carbon copies of their character from TFA. Sure Kylo & Rey changed some, but do we really need Leaking Medical Suit Finn, Insubordination Poe and bb8 2.0?

I'm digging the concept, with only a few new movie characters people will get excited about(i.e. spend $$ on) hopefully we'll get a year of CW characters.

Like a padme character
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    Is TLJ that DVD Set on preorder already? Surprised it did not go straight to DVD release with Disney sequels like Aladdin 2.

Me too! It totally hasn't made over $1.2b. I'm surprised they're releasing it at all.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH

I mean Hux, Snoke, BB9, Rose (I know she sucks), Holdo, Old Luke, Resistance Bomber, Dreadnaught, Maz, I mean I get it about maybe not repackaging some players but the only worthwhile repackaged toon could be Old Luke. The others are brand new...especially Hux and Snoke.
  • R1 was a great plot hole cover. So they can spoil it by giving away everything real quickly. TLJ is their main cash cow. They are going to green milk it for months.
  • We do have another movie coming out in 4 months so maybe they have other things planned...
  • two things and i would be happy. snokes captal ship with snoke, and hux with a game balancing kit. Old luke would be the icing on the cake for me
  • Is TLJ that DVD Set on preorder already? Surprised it did not go straight to DVD release with Disney sequels like Aladdin 2.

whoa whoa theres an aladdin 2????
  • I loved Rose and look forward to her being in the game. I'm constantly amazed by how much people trash the character in this forum.

I'm very confused about why there haven't been more TLJ toons released. They could just drop a half dozen of them in the shops. With GP being important in and of itself these days, they will get farmed.
  • If I’m a marketer, don’t I want to capture the most sales after a movie, a time where Star Wars fanboy hype is at its highest?

Totally agree with this. It has been disappointing so far. I thought EA/CG were more active in giving us R1 toons after it was released. Notwithstanding the tournaments that caused an outrage, the constant release actually made people hyped up enough to spend.

And let's face it, that's what EA or CG want us to do. But the question is why are they not capitalizing on the movie to milk those who wanna pay to get them first?

Most of us will have an FO Executioner after the event, a minority will have him at G12 and Level 85 and 7*.

• I thought we would at least have enough to make 2 full Resistance and FO teams for TW by now.
  • Perfxion wrote: »
    R1 was a great plot hole cover. So they can spoil it by giving away everything real quickly. TLJ is their main cash cow. They are going to green milk it for months.

i see what you did there
  • I don't care for new toons anymore.. the new release cadence paywalls every new toon. When's the last new toon straight to f2p? I get they need to make money.. but this game does rake in the cash. They could throw us a bone every now and then haha

... soo many lvl1 2* toons in my roster.. lol
  • Could also be the game developers weren't given much insight into the movie before it was out to avoid leaks. They knew there would be a Rey and unmasked Kylo, obviously. Maybe they had to actually wait until the movie came out to consider which characters would be best to add.

Although, tbh, I can't think of any characters from TLJ that I absolutely wanted added, other than Rey JT and KRU and Praetorian Guard. Possibly Jedi Master Luke, I suppose. Finn, Poe, and Phasma didn't really change enough to warrant new toons in-game, imo. And the rest of the cast was pretty meh, imo. I'm certain we'll get a Rose, maybe even a Holdo, but hopefully we won't have to re-hash the other toons.

And also consider Rey JT is gated behind a massive pay-wall and/or time-grind. If you were a new player coming to this game and jonesing to have a Rey JT in a squad... what would you do if you realized it would take months to fulfill the BB8 requirements, as well as collect the Veterans and all that? So... saying that, to say, I'm not sure the gamemakers are actually marketing toward new players as much as we think.
  • I thought we would at least have enough to make 2 full Resistance and FO teams for TW by now.

Agreed
  • I don't care for new toons anymore.. the new release cadence paywalls every new toon. When's the last new toon straight to f2p? I get they need to make money.. but this game does rake in the cash. They could throw us a bone every now and then haha

... soo many lvl1 2* toons in my roster.. lol

I am all about F2P toons that are new. Even some generic toons like Resistance Officer or FO Flametrooper I would get behind. A toon that can be farmed in Galactic War only. Or Arena shards