Best strategy for thrawn?

Hey everyone,

I have all Phoenix at 85, 7*, and minimum arry g8 but I can't beat the last tier to save my life! I just took off all mods off everyone so I have my absolute best mods ready to put on them.

What's the best lineup and what mods work best on what characters?

Thanks in advance

Replies

• Well, at G8 a zeta on Kanan with your best mods ensures victory....barring that chopper is best 5th with speed/health/protection on him. Zeb needs potency, potency, and more potency. Zeb also needs to be called for the assists....ALWAYS.

Kanan needs health mods and a little potency. Try to keep offense down on thrawn. Ezra needs cc/cd/speed. Hera needs speed/cc/cd. Give Hera and ezra as much protection secondaries as possible without sacrificing maximum damage as they are your damage dealers.

TAKE OUT THE DEATH TROOPERS 1st. This cannot be repeated enough. They will wreck you time and time again.

With all of my advice you may get lucky and beat it on try 1-5 at G8....but be prepared to try for hours and hours.
  • Another strategy, i would suggest, is to check out the other 50 threads WITH THE SAME TOPIC. Lol good luck anyway ;)
    Speed for the win btw!
  • Speed. Hit often. Hit Deathtroopers first. Get lucky.

That's how to win it.
  • Use Chopper and not Sabine for this event
  • I beat it on my 2nd try. I put my best mods on Hera, Zeb,and Sabine chopper and Kannan had bad mods. I put it on auto than i saw a advantage and manually did it. You can do it at gear 8 RNG was good to me. To think i was going to gear them up. Ha
  • Tyrael1701
    87 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I tried a bunch and couldn't do it at g8. Also don't have any god mods. Had to get ezra to g10, then was able to finish it. I couldn't do enough damage at 8, but maybe others had better rng than me. And chopper worked much better. Had to wait until second time event showed up to gear/shard chopper to 7*
  • Thanks everyone. I was just able to beat it finally. Used Hera, Zeb, Kannan, Ezra, and Sabine. All were gear 8 but I put my best mods on them. Took me like 25 tries to get the right rng. Focused on stunning thrawn with zeb and took out the DTs first then that pesky ST. The rest was easy.
  • Crowny wrote: »
    Use Chopper and not Sabine for this event

Use either. Sorry- that's a provable fact.
  • Just put a zeta on kannan and save your sanity
  • I love how people are like "just use a zeta lol" as if everyone has a couple sitting around handy, no big deal here we are boom zeta. Yeah, be realistic people. Only endgame players have unused zetas just hangin out.
  • I love how people are like "just use a zeta lol" as if everyone has a couple sitting around handy, no big deal here we are boom zeta. Yeah, be realistic people. Only endgame players have unused zetas just hangin out.

Or players that have saved them and not spent them as soon as they got them. Or had 16 and got the other 4 over the course of the event. He also said he's level 85 so he's more than likely in the end game and has access to zeta mats. Just because you don't doesn't mean others don't.
  • I’m only level 78 with limited omegas and it’s diffy for me! I got chopper with 220 speed, zeb hera and Ezra all have over 180 and kanan has +60ish.
  • guys. best strategy I remember when I had to do this was to always use kanan to try add offense down to the single targets.

when ever you have the chance to call an assist, it should be to get kanan to land offnse dwn on a main "boss". once this is acheived, zeb should be called to daze a target (if target is able to be dazed), otherwise call hera to land expose on tanks/high health targets. if these are already met, then I would call ezra for pure damage.

when hera is calling the assis, it can be to ezra if offense down/daze etc is already applied
  • I won only when I gave up. I took off my arena mods off Phoenix and put junk mods on, decided I needed to wait until next event cause I couldn't make a dent in their protection after 100 or so attempts. Gave it one more go before event ended on a day I was bored and I won. So I'm with the RNG beats Thrawn crowd.

As for my strategy though, I used Sabine and zeb's stagger along with kanan's offense down and got rid of deathroopers first
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • So is this event impossible without Kanan? I have 7-started everyone else because they were easy to farm. (OK, Kanan’s not hard either; he’s just a bore, lol.) Ezra is at G10, rest at G8, all with middling mods (mostly 5-Star but nothing special). I can sometimes kill one DT, but then I get torn up.

Yes yes, I’m farming Kanan now, but he won’t be at 7 stars in time for this iteration. I guess i’m paying the price for my personality preferences! Same reason I’ve been dragging my feet on farming kylo, whereas I must have all 500 versions of Han! Sigh.
    My character collection is here: https://swgoh.gg/u/rickystarwalker/collection/
  • So is this event impossible without Kanan? I have 7-started everyone else because they were easy to farm. (OK, Kanan’s not hard either; he’s just a bore, lol.) Ezra is at G10, rest at G8, all with middling mods (mostly 5-Star but nothing special). I can sometimes kill one DT, but then I get torn up.

Yes yes, I’m farming Kanan now, but he won’t be at 7 stars in time for this iteration. I guess i’m paying the price for my personality preferences! Same reason I’ve been dragging my feet on farming kylo, whereas I must have all 500 versions of Han! Sigh.

I've had people tell me is impossible without chopper, but personally I found it impossible WITH chopper. My Phoenix were all g8. It is literally all about having the patience to get the right rng. Dispel stormtrooper, take out death troopers, have zeb stun thrawn as much as possible (put tons of potency on him), couple that strategy with the right randomness and you're golden! It will take LOTS of attempts
  • Mobewan
    702 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Congrats man,

Dear all, as this thread shows, dont waste a zeta to unlock thrawn. There are so many much more powerful zetas than phoenix until you've played the game for 2 years.
    If you cant beat this event without a zeta, as so many have proven in this and other threads, then you may be undergeared, have bad mods or the wrong strategy.

The simple strategy i used was having a potency cross on zeb, get good +protection on low gearrd tanks, auto first 2 waves, then use basics in wave 3 to be ready for wave 4. Then dispel taunts and kill deathtroopers first, then troopers, then thraen. I call zeb for assists to get stuns. Others call ezra. Gear 8 can do it, but the higher ezra is geared, the easier. Most use chopper and find chopper easier.
  • I am level 75 and im running with Chopper. Have Ezra at lvl9, rest at lvl8. Still cant beat Tier VII and i was wondering if taking Hera, Kannan and Chopper at gear lvl9 would make a difference.

I saw alot of replyes (and some youtube videos too) that it can be done with lvl8 gear but everyone was level 85 or close to that.
    My real question its can a higher gear (3 toons upgraded from 8 to 9) compensate for the 10 level difference (lvl75-lvl85)?

Thanks!
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Try and preload TM to get Ezra to go first. Remove taunt first go, then go after Death Troopers, and hope for good RNG.

I'm not going to say impossible, because I'm sure it can be cleared without Kanan given enough gear and good mods. That said, he's IMO the second most vital member behind Hera. Phoenix REALLY needs that 70% counter chance.
  • I am level 75 and im running with Chopper. Have Ezra at lvl9, rest at lvl8. Still cant beat Tier VII and i was wondering if taking Hera, Kannan and Chopper at gear lvl9 would make a difference.

I saw alot of replyes (and some youtube videos too) that it can be done with lvl8 gear but everyone was level 85 or close to that.
    My real question its can a higher gear (3 toons upgraded from 8 to 9) compensate for the 10 level difference (lvl75-lvl85)?

Thanks!

Gear is way more important than level. put your absolute mods on them (potency on zeb, protection on kannan, speed and crit chance/damage on hera, Ezra, and Sabine was my strategy). If still having problems then up the gear
  • Ricky_Starwalker
    33 posts Member
    edited January 2018

I'm not going to say impossible, because I'm sure it can be cleared without Kanan given enough gear and good mods. That said, he's IMO the second most vital member behind Hera. Phoenix REALLY needs that 70% counter chance.

Thanks. I’ll get Kanan to 7 stars for the next iteration of this event.

My character collection is here: https://swgoh.gg/u/rickystarwalker/collection/
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member

Thanks!

Level is unimportant except for the fact that you can't max abilities without being level 80 or spend any omegas without being level 76.

As to whether it's doable or not I say go for it and keep going for it no matter how hard it seems. I tried 100s of times and I finished it with a level 77 squad 4 gear ix. and two basics omegaed and all 5 left standing. 4 characters had full health and some protection at the end.

The fact that all characters were left standing brings me to this advice you can do it if you try enough times. Its a rng event unless you go to gear xi.
  • Mobewan wrote: »
    Congrats man,

Dear all, as this thread shows, dont waste a zeta to unlock thrawn. There are so many much more powerful zetas than phoenix until you've played the game for 2 years.
    If you cant beat this event without a zeta, as so many have proven in this and other threads, then you may be undergeared, have bad mods or the wrong strategy.

The simple strategy i used was having a potency cross on zeb, get good +protection on low gearrd tanks, auto first 2 waves, then use basics in wave 3 to be ready for wave 4. Then dispel taunts and kill deathtroopers first, then troopers, then thraen. I call zeb for assists to get stuns. Others call ezra. Gear 8 can do it, but the higher ezra is geared, the easier. Most use chopper and find chopper easier.

I had the extra zeta laying around & literally it negates the need for wasting a ton of gear for TB pheonix specific missions.

Imo, it's a solid choice in zetas just for TB.