Omegas

We need a way to get more Omegas. With all these abilities and zetas we need more than ever. Please find a way for us to get more

Replies

• On the other hand it promotes diversity among rosters, and makes the player have to consider where they spend their limited resources. More would be good yes but lets not make it too easy.
    I fight the good fight
  • I actually have quite a few. I think that the current rate is fine
  • M_L
    469 posts Member
    @Darth_Helios wow really? 'cause i def feel the omega crunch. have something like 30 omega mats, but 80+ zeta mats. mainly 'cause every toon has at least 2 abilities where the omega upgrade is helpful (for things like cool down -1 and such), but zeta usage is much more limited...

so i'm curious where you're getting an abundance of omegas from? i know i can just spend fleet currency on omegas instead of zetas, but personally i've never done so mainly 'cause zeta mats can only only come from so few sources compared to omegas. Still the rate of getting omegas from normal play seems to be more of a choke point than zetas these days
  • Maybe for new players there is omega crunch but as old player i think is fine
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Moved to correct sub forum.

I think I'm at 90 one has and 65 zetas
  • Even for older players the omega crunch is real. To max 1 toon with one zeta it is about a month worth of omegas
  • Got to pick and choose, can't omega everything, as annoying as that little red number can be...
  • M_L wrote: »
    @Darth_Helios wow really? 'cause i def feel the omega crunch. have something like 30 omega mats, but 80+ zeta mats. mainly 'cause every toon has at least 2 abilities where the omega upgrade is helpful (for things like cool down -1 and such), but zeta usage is much more limited...

so i'm curious where you're getting an abundance of omegas from? i know i can just spend fleet currency on omegas instead of zetas, but personally i've never done so mainly 'cause zeta mats can only only come from so few sources compared to omegas. Still the rate of getting omegas from normal play seems to be more of a choke point than zetas these days

I started buying them from fleet currency. Feels like a waste of resources. But went there anyways.
  • Why do people save so many zetas and omegas? I generally use straight away, there is no value in saving more than one of each for a new release toon. Seriously what’s the point saving 80 zeta mats and 30 omegas? I’m not being horrible just don’t understand why. By using them your increasing gp and toon viability
  • omegas seldom drop in challenges for me. very poor rng results.
  • Richfxxx wrote: »
    Why do people save so many zetas and omegas? I generally use straight away, there is no value in saving more than one of each for a new release toon. Seriously what’s the point saving 80 zeta mats and 30 omegas? I’m not being horrible just don’t understand why. By using them your increasing gp and toon viability

I don't save either. Most that do. Do it because most new op toons have multiple zetas needed. On my shard as soon as a new toon comes out they are gear 12 fully zetaed. Gives you an advantage until none savers like myself can catch up.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Richfxxx wrote: »
    Why do people save so many zetas and omegas? I generally use straight away, there is no value in saving more than one of each for a new release toon. Seriously what’s the point saving 80 zeta mats and 30 omegas? I’m not being horrible just don’t understand why. By using them your increasing gp and toon viability

To remain flexible as things change. Also planning, if I have no direct plan that needs a zeta or just not far enough into a plan to make it worth it, just save it. Plan may change. If you can't spend to keep flexible, you need to save and hoard to do it.
  • Bring back those omega packs and remove the daily limit please
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member

The same reason we save anything else. It allows the option to max a new team quickly when we decide to switch. New releases lately have multiple zetas, and often require other characters to work well also. When I switched to JTRey I gave two zetas to her and one to BB8, couldn't have done that if I'd used them all as soon as I got them.
  • Bring back ability mat packs! Plz
  • harryheckDAX
    208 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Liath wrote: »

The same reason we save anything else. It allows the option to max a new team quickly when we decide to switch. New releases lately have multiple zetas, and often require other characters to work well also. When I switched to JTRey I gave two zetas to her and one to BB8, couldn't have done that if I'd used them all as soon as I got them.

This.
    I started saving for CLS "second coming". Ability mats (omegas & zetas), gear and credits. Simply because some characters are game changers. This made me get him zetaed on all 3, g11(still woking on g12) decently moded for speed and crit dmg/chance(via sec stats) and lvl 85 within the week I activated him.
    I was a guppy but now totaly f2p.

• On my main account I generally use them pretty quickly because I have things planned out on my alt account I'm sitting on about 60 because I haven't built up the characters/squads to take advantage of them yet
  • ProximaB1_ wrote: »
    M_L wrote: »

I started buying them from fleet currency. Feels like a waste of resources. But went there anyways.

Oh dear god NO!
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • we use to have omega battles on Saturday and Sunday, just bringing that back would be a great help
  • Richfxxx wrote: »

As a guy above said, saving helps flexibility. When I got jedi rey I was able to get her 3 zetas and bb8's almost instantly. If I didn't save them I would still be farming them and my team wouldn't be top arena. (Same goes for gear of course)
  • M_L wrote: »

I think its just cause I dont spend them that much. But I can get a full one in a day if I'm lucky.
  • I usually have priority :

#1 : Arena team
    #2 : Raid team
    #3 : Other area, which i think my guild is lacking

Other than that, my char never get omega upgrade. Just purple mat maks to lvl 7.

The fact is no way u can have all ur chars get to lvl 8 ability (omega/zeta) with the current resources. U have to set ur priority.
  • RacerDejak wrote: »
    I usually have priority :

#1 : Arena team
    #2 : Raid team
    #3 : Other area, which i think my guild is lacking

Other than that, my char never get omega upgrade. Just purple mat maks to lvl 7.

The fact is no way u can have all ur chars get to lvl 8 ability (omega/zeta) with the current resources. U have to set ur priority.

For high end guild. It's arena which is probably finished. Second us tw squads or tb squads. Both need omegas.