Sabine zeta (terrible AI)

Noataq
176 posts Member
edited January 2018
Darksaber strike is prioritized by AI instead of a zeta’d demolish. This shouldn’t be the case, if a character’s zeta is on a special ability, they should use it whenever possible. Feels like a wasted zeta.
Post edited by Noataq on

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Much like how AI change requests used to be put in bugs and issues, I am being told you should post this at <<Answers HQ>>, to get it attention.
  • zKylo says hello!
    Do or do not...
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Much like how AI change requests used to be put in bugs and issues, I am being told you should post this at <<Answers HQ>>, to get it attention.

Will do, thank you.

• zKylo says hello!

zylo is actually more useful using his AOE while in his own faction. I would hate it if this was changed
  • Definitely would like this looked into @CG_Kozispoon
  • Lol, any question involving "fix this AI" will receive the answer "yeah right"
  • Lol, any question involving "fix this AI" will receive the answer "yeah right"

It is a legitimate issue.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Lol, any question involving "fix this AI" will receive the answer "yeah right"

They have made many AI changes at the players request and we have also received some small explanations when they think it ok the way it is.
  • They should have 5 character slots in the arena where you can allocate which ability goes 1st,2nd,etc.You could also make it who they attack from a tank,support,etc....and force players to change it every day,this would shake up the arena instead of the plug and stick method.
  • zKylo says hello!

Has a zeta that makes him near impossible to beat; never uses that attack lol
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Hiya,
    This may not be a bug. Please note this also depends on how many enemies are present. Since "Demolish" is dealing damage to *all* enemies, it doesn't make sense to be prioritized over a "Darksaber Strike" when there is only one enemy present.
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • swgohfan29 wrote: »
    zKylo says hello!

zylo is actually more useful using his AOE while in his own faction. I would hate it if this was changed

I agree, but it’s a terrible attack outside of his faction, and he really needs to prioritize his stun when his protection is low or he is the only FO character alive. He would be so difficult to take out under a KRU lead if he would restore his protection.
  • Hiya,
    This may not be a bug. Please note this also depends on how many enemies are present. Since "Demolish" is dealing damage to *all* enemies, it doesn't make sense to be prioritized over a "Darksaber Strike" when there is only one enemy present.

I wholeheartedly disagree. Regardless of how many enemies are present, sabine will use darksaber strike instead of demolish.

I auto GW with Phoenix frequently. Sabine’s first move will be darksaber strike, even with 5 enemies present. Chopper will have a chance to assist on any phoenix turn, and if it happens to buff sabine and reduce her cooldown, her next attack will AGAIN be darksaber strike. Two turns have passed, and she has not used her zeta ability that has been ready from the start.

I want to emphasize again that sabine’s demolish is a ZETA ability (you know that material that takes a month to farm? And dozens of other powerful characters need?) Not having that attack used whenever possible is incredibly frustrating to whomever invested the zeta.

Really hoping this is fixed, as it certainly is an issue.
  • Just posted a well reasoned comment and it disappeared :/
  • Noataq wrote: »
    Just posted a well reasoned comment and it disappeared :/

Yeah that was weird, it didn't seem inflammatory so don't know why it was removed. I was reading it and went to quote it and got an error message . Reloaded and it went away
  • Hiya,

It is prioritizing darksaber strike even when there are 5 enemies
  • Noataq
    176 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Quick summary of my benign comment that was removed:

Sabine’s opening move is darksaber strike, even with 5 enemies present. Chopper will likely assist her or another phoenix, with a chance of buffing sabine and reducing her cooldowns. Sabine’s 2nd move will be another darksaber strike.

Two moves have passed and sabine has not used her ZETA abililty that has been ready from the start.

Zeta abilities take a long while to acquire and dozens of characters have solid zetas. Right now, sabine is a wasted zeta until AI is fixed to prioritize demolish whenever possible.

Edit: previous comment has reappeared. Glad but confused
    Post edited by Noataq on
  • Hiya,

It is prioritizing darksaber strike even when there are 5 enemies

Yes it is
  • Liamtbqh
    620 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Also doesn't demolish expose a random enemy for every Phoenix member in its zeta? Thats 5 exposes for one person if there is only one left, thats a hell of a lot better than Darksaber Strike even if it is an AoE.

Edit: 6 exposes, including the one applied to the main target.