TB is not fun, but this would at least help.

For DS TB, platoons should be LS toons. For LS TB, platoons should be DS toons.

If you want to expand the amount of toons needed, or use ridiculous toons in platoons to make platoons impactful, go for it CG!

By platooning toons of the same alignments, there are numerous characters that you will NEVER get to play. Which goes against the whole "use every part of your roster" slogan from when TB was released.

Bonus fun: more "AT-ST" mini boss type missions in TB would be 100x better than generic soldier waves.

Replies

• Options
    Platoons requirements need to be lowered or they need to add 18 more darkside characters, or fix the useless broken ds chars we have now.

Why cant jawas be darkside ?
  • Options
    Broken wrote: »
    Platoons requirements need to be lowered or they need to add 18 more darkside characters, or fix the useless broken ds chars we have now.

Why cant jawas be darkside ?

Or do what I said.
  • John13
    17 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Yessssss that’s a great solution!! Then I could actually use my cool new ds/LS toons that I worked so hard for instead of donating them!

I love it. This should be implemented yesterday. Copy-paste guys. Would make it more fun for everyone

@CG_Kozispoon
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    That kinda defeats the purpose, the goal is to have you make choices and mix things up as you play missions.
  • Options
    Per the advertisement, the goal was to USE your whole roster.
  • Options
    How many 6* wampa’s are even in the game right now. For the people who saved all their GE currency to get it should be allowed to use it in combat. I really like the idea of using the opposite alignment for platoons. It can still be hard. Even with a full DS roster I’m sure people will drop CM waves.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    capifico22 wrote: »
    Per the advertisement, the goal was to USE your whole roster.

Correct, you are still using them to fill the platoon.

Or you could argue that you don't use half your roster in TW, because all you do is place them for defense.
  • Options
    If your argument is that platoons equal TW defense, I'd go back to the drawing board.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    If your argument is that platoons equal TW defense, I'd go back to the drawing board.

Saying they are not used because you place them and don't play them is the same in both places. Just wanted to point that out.

Btw, I am not a fan of this set up either, I would rather play with the toons I gear up and I know people feel the same way about toons they pay for, but not using is a stretch. They have almost the same lol of usefulness as defense, they provide points and an advantage to the end goal.
  • Options
    Change won't come from defending something you hate!

Also, gear and mods matter in TW defense, and you can "watch" people fight them. Off topic, but a more robust defensive battle report would be nice.
  • Options
    I don’t agree. A good defense can win TW. So they are nothing alike. DS platoons want your best characters. Ther are way more shoretroopers needed than Tusken raiders. Why is it each time there are so many death troopers needed? 1 person can fill most of the tuskens and geonosians needed for a given days platoons.
  • Options
    yohann269 wrote: »
    ... Ther are way more shoretroopers needed than Tusken raiders. Why is it each time there are so many death troopers needed? ...

I wonder... what would happen if someone actually geared up their Tuskens and used them instead of 'needing' to use Shore and DT? Obviously they can't be used in Imperial Trooper specific missions. But, Shore and DT shouldn't be in platoons on those days, either.

I think heads would explode.

• Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    That kinda defeats the purpose, the goal is to have you make choices and mix things up as you play missions.

The goal is so not to mix things up. The goal is making you spend $$$ maxing and starring everybody so you actually have a chance.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Change won't come from defending something you hate!

Also, gear and mods matter in TW defense, and you can "watch" people fight them. Off topic, but a more robust defensive battle report would be nice.

I just think if you are going to use an argument it should suit the problem.

Much like when mods first came out the argument was that the gear investment was moot due to mods. A similar argument could be used here. The investment matters in TW, but is lost in TB, even though the usage is very similar.

CaptainRex wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

The goal is so not to mix things up. The goal is making you spend $$$ maxing and starring everybody so you actually have a chance.

No the goal is to mix it up, but the choice always remains to spend money. People make that choice.
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    Options
    For DS TB, platoons should be LS toons. For LS TB, platoons should be DS toons.

If you want to expand the amount of toons needed, or use ridiculous toons in platoons to make platoons impactful, go for it CG!

By platooning toons of the same alignments, there are numerous characters that you will NEVER get to play. Which goes against the whole "use every part of your roster" slogan from when TB was released.

Bonus fun: more "AT-ST" mini boss type missions in TB would be 100x better than generic soldier waves.

Yes. This. Exactly this. For the other argument(s) about TW, I'd just as soon see TW go away forever, so I have no real comment there. I happily place 70% of my roster on Defense. I leave 2 viable squads for Offense and all the scrubs that aren't any good for either on the bench.
  • Options
    Id'd be happy if every guy had an equal chance of in platoons