Does Nihilus Unique Zeta Make Him Worse?

MrGrips
521 posts Member
edited January 2018
So was just thinking about nihilus unique,but considering these things about it:

1. It can be resisted, and triggers often.
2. Several very popular characters profit off of debuffs or resisting them (Jedi Rey, CLS).

It makes it seem like it actually HURTS to zeta him?
Add in these factors, and it seems like any benefit it gives is mediocre.

3. Health Down isn't stackable
4. Health Down is pretty meh
5. Because it can be resisted, Nihilus cant rely on it to charge annihilation
6. Its not that hard to put debuffs on through your other characters instead.

Thoughts?

Replies

• HK666
    1263 posts Member
    I don't think it makes it straight up worse, but it can backfire as you pointed out.

It is primarily for speeding up his cooldowns. If it's not worth the possible downsides (you can manage) then avoid it.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    it was a mistake during the rex lead triple cleans as it would cause the AI to use squad discipline first. other then that, it is helpful. because you want toons to be debuffed before he goes to increase CD and reduce CD on annihilate
  • Not a great zeta if you're facing a Rex lead, but not a terrible zeta. Still, there are lots of better zeta options out there.
  • I agree that sometimes it can help with his CDs, but, hes probably not gonna be the fastest guy on your team and most people run him with someone who can put debuffs on instead, no? (R2, or a bunch of the diff sith)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    MrGrips wrote: »
    I agree that sometimes it can help with his CDs, but, hes probably not gonna be the fastest guy on your team and most people run him with someone who can put debuffs on instead, no? (R2, or a bunch of the diff sith)

no i run him a little slower now that we are out of the triple cleans, just need him faster than toons like GK. and slower than my thrawn.
  • I have 17 or 18 zetas, and it's the only one I'd take a refund on if given a chance. I don't think it makes him worse, but it can backfire in quite a few match ups and isn't remotely worth the price of a zeta.
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Exactly. That's why I will never zeta his unique. Imagine that going against Thrawn lead. They are guaranteed to get 20% tm evey single turn. Everyone is basically 25% faster than normal then.(I'll skip the math) When the base speed is 200, that is 50 speed thanks to Nihilus unique. I don't think Nihilus can stay long enough to withstand that fast enemies and even use his annihilate
  • Nah that’s not right. Under thrawn lead they only get the debuff and resulting TM at the start of their turn, when they already have 100% TM. So it doesn’t speed them up.
  • Macattack9 wrote: »
    Nah that’s not right. Under thrawn lead they only get the debuff and resulting TM at the start of their turn, when they already have 100% TM. So it doesn’t speed them up.

You're right come to think about it
  • Apotheosis
    159 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    It depends what other tools you've got in your team, to compensate for the negative effects. For example, some teams use CLS and DN to persistently suppress enemy taunts, which presents a great opportunity to keep RJT Fractured. With the entire enemy team debuffed, this in turn allows DN to Drain Force effectively, and leads to a very quick Annihilate.